Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

migrating to perth

migrating to perth

Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:52 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all
Default migrating to perth

hi,
we have visa application in. if all goes well, will have visa just after easter.
looking to move to perth. visited there in december, absolutely loved it.
favourite area to settle into, secret harbour. anyone stay there? info on life there and schools etc would be great to know.
also, I work in offshore oil and gas industry spending some time away from home. what about community stuff for wife and kids etc...?
anyone else due there this year? be good to hear from anyone else heading in the same direction as us.

cheers,
ian
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:59 am
Loving the lifestyle !

paula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant future
Default Re: migrating to perth

hi ian
we applied 5 sept hopefully off same time house is sold just waiting 4 visa now meds on 28th feb pcc sent yesterday, we r heading 2 mandurah which i think is next to secret harbour but will b looking at secret harbour to buy land i think would b great 2 hear from anyone else in these areas 4 any info

thanks paula
Old Jan 24th 2007, 10:22 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by paula&leedevine
hi ian
we applied 5 sept hopefully off same time house is sold just waiting 4 visa now meds on 28th feb pcc sent yesterday, we r heading 2 mandurah which i think is next to secret harbour but will b looking at secret harbour to buy land i think would b great 2 hear from anyone else in these areas 4 any info

thanks paula
hi,
we looked at house and land packages in secret harbour, average of about $450 - 500K, @£200K. Houses are brilliant, big inside, with gardens big enough for a pool.
Mandurah is lovely. Land very expensive at water front areas.
where are you from? do you have kids?
everyone we spoke to over there recommended secret harbour for bring up kids and value for money etc.
ian carol greg (6) Beth (3)
Old Jan 24th 2007, 10:24 am
Loving the lifestyle !

paula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant future

hi we're from midlands yes we have 3 kids 2 boys aged 8&5 and 1 girl aged 3

did u look at any schools there how far is mandurah from secret harbour
Old Jan 24th 2007, 10:43 am
barlow brickie

ferguson641120 will become famous soon enoughferguson641120 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mabozar
hi,
we have visa application in. if all goes well, will have visa just after easter.
looking to move to perth. visited there in december, absolutely loved it.
favourite area to settle into, secret harbour. anyone stay there? info on life there and schools etc would be great to know.
also, I work in offshore oil and gas industry spending some time away from home. what about community stuff for wife and kids etc...?
anyone else due there this year? be good to hear from anyone else heading in the same direction as us.

cheers,
ian
hi ian

we are also going to secret harbour this year, we have got our meds on 1st feb, so hopefully it won't be too long before we are there.

we hear that it is very good for children, safe beaches, good schools etc.

so once you get the visas are you all set to go?

kind regards

jade, rich and kids
Old Jan 24th 2007, 11:03 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paula&leedevine
hi we're from midlands yes we have 3 kids 2 boys aged 8&5 and 1 girl aged 3

did u look at any schools there how far is mandurah from secret harbour
About 18k.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:13 pm
ian

Originally Posted by ferguson641120
hi ian

we are also going to secret harbour this year, we have got our meds on 1st feb, so hopefully it won't be too long before we are there.

we hear that it is very good for children, safe beaches, good schools etc.

so once you get the visas are you all set to go?

kind regards

jade, rich and kids
Hi all,

Does your wife work? I work as a relief medical receptionist & also a trained florist hopefully pick up a part time job? But I'm sure the taxi service will keep me busy enough and also kids friends.

I'm kind of dreading the medicals let me know how you get on.

The houses in Secret Harbour are lovely really big and good price.

Cheers Carol keep in touch
Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:15 pm
ian

Hi all,

Does your wife work? I work as a relief medical receptionist & also a trained florist hopefully pick up a part time job? But I'm sure the taxi service will keep me busy enough and also kids friends.

Hi all,

How old are your kids?

Carol
Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:21 pm
ian

Originally Posted by walla
About 18k.
Hi all,

Mandurah is 10mins away from Secret Harbour but the houses are pricey in Mandurah.

Does your wife work? I'm a relief medical receptionist may pick up something out there but I'm sure the school run will keep me busy enough.

Speak soon Carol
Old Jan 29th 2007, 8:19 am
barlow brickie

ferguson641120 will become famous soon enoughferguson641120 will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

hi carol

i work for a recruitment agency part time so hopefully it won't be too hard to find a job.

we have the medicals on thursday so we are a bit nervous, i'll let you know how we get on.

we have been looking for some houses on the internet and they all look well priced for the size of house.

i'm really looking forward to going now, are you all excited?

cheers
jade and rich
Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:47 pm
ian

hi carol

i work for a recruitment agency part time so hopefully it won't be too hard to find a job.

we have the medicals on thursday so we are a bit nervous, i'll let you know how we get on.

we have been looking for some houses on the internet and they all look well priced for the size of house.

cheers
jade and rich
Hi Jade,

Still excited but very numb at the same time my nephew is in hospital at the moment getting a heart operation tomorrow, he is only six weeks old. My son is also very settled at school will he cope I'm sure he will. Also in the back of my mind, are we doing the right thing? You don't know that until you try.

Anyway hope all goes well with the medicals let me know just to see what I have to look forward to.

How old are your kids are they similar ages with ours?

Bye for now
Good luck
Carol
Old Jan 30th 2007, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

We're in Halls Head, Mandurah. Secret Harbour is nice but very new so not much there at the moment. The beach is nice but the surfing is based there for a reason - you get good waves and the rips that go with it although the swimming does have lifeguards. For younger children I would suggest Mandurah or Rockingham beaches especially to begin with.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 7:13 pm
barlow brickie

Hi Jade,

Still excited but very numb at the same time my nephew is in hospital at the moment getting a heart operation tomorrow, he is only six weeks old. My son is also very settled at school will he cope I'm sure he will. Also in the back of my mind, are we doing the right thing? You don't know that until you try.

Anyway hope all goes well with the medicals let me know just to see what I have to look forward to.

How old are your kids are they similar ages with ours?

Bye for now
Good luck
Carol

hi carol

i'm sorry to hear about your nephew, i hope everything has gone ok today.
i'm sure that your son will be fine once he meets some friends and starts to enjoy himself.

our daughter is 4 and our son is 3, so hopefully they won't find it too hard to settle as they are still young.

xx
kind regards
jade and rich

ps i've sent you some karma to cheer you up a bit

pps i'll let you know how we get on with the medicals
Old Jan 30th 2007, 7:16 pm
barlow brickie

Originally Posted by ohippy
We're in Halls Head, Mandurah. Secret Harbour is nice but very new so not much there at the moment. The beach is nice but the surfing is based there for a reason - you get good waves and the rips that go with it although the swimming does have lifeguards. For younger children I would suggest Mandurah or Rockingham beaches especially to begin with.
cheers for that its always good advice where kids are concerned.

cheers again

jade and rich
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 10:58 am
ian

hi carol

cheers
jade and rich
Hi Jade,

How did the medicals go when will you know if everything is fine?
Operation didn't work with the wee one and don't know what the next step is kind of scared to ask.

When will you think of selling your house?
Carol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.