Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Migrants Guide to Emigrating and Settling in Australia

The Migrants Guide to Emigrating and Settling in Australia

Old Mar 25th 2005, 8:16 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Migrants Guide to Emigrating and Settling in Australia

Originally Posted by SarahMarx
What a wonderful way to wake up this morning! I am terrified of any creepy crawly things..

The things that love makes you do! (I'm following my man down to Oz)...

He just better be willing to take care of those animals with more than 4 legs. Geckos, no problem. Kinda cute really. But spiders, roaches, etc.. UGH!
LOL I'm off to the hypnotherepist now, and decided to print out the pic of the huntsman on the toilet roll, so he knows what i'm up against. I nearly had another heart attack watching it coming out of the printer and have had to pick the paper up quickly and fold it and chuck it in my bag
Old Mar 25th 2005, 8:49 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
HOLY F**KING SHITE

no way, forget it. keep it, shuv it im staying put. i thought you only saw those on tv!!!!! its straight from harry potter!!!
Shite isnt the word for it !!!!!

Dolly Day Dream you should be banned from this site !! Publishing offensive material !!
Old Mar 25th 2005, 9:22 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
Shite isnt the word for it !!!!!

Dolly Day Dream you should be banned from this site !! Publishing offensive material !!
It's a gift, what can I say!!!!!!!

(I'm doing the same as Possoms and taking a copy with me to my next therapist's appointment - I'm sure she has no idea of what we're up against ).

D D
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

oldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really nice

An extract:

"Huntsman Spider

A full-grown huntsman spider can be as big as an adult hand. The spider typically has a crab-like set of legs and can sprint up walls and across ceilings with surprising speed. Huntsmen are known to bite and may cause mild local pain. etc etc etc"

well F**K THAT!!!!!

I purchased the above book from Sandown at the weekend. I read the above extract and nearly crapped my pants!!!!

Just to recap "can be as big as an adult hand. The spider typically has a crab-like set of legs and can sprint up walls and across ceilings with surprising speed"

HOLY S**T
You could come to Tassie ours are smaller i think than those you have on the mainland.Either that or mine didn't eat his veggie mite when he was a little lad.
I call him Clive and he is worth his weight in gold.No house in australia should be without one!!! i will try and add a pic of him for you.hope it works out as have never done attachments on this site before.Here goes attachment only 14 kb hope you don't neeed a telescope to find it!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails The Migrants Guide to Emigrating and Settling in Australia-clive.jpg  
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

:scared: :scared: :scared:

This is [B]definitely [/B] a female Huntsman coz if it was a male it would have used all the loo roll and NOT bl**dy replaced it !!!

I HATE SPIDERS :scared: BUT I'LL LEARN TO *GULP* APPRECIATE THEM ... IN TIME!

Karen
Old Mar 25th 2005, 11:01 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Hi enjoyed/educated by this thread.

Really interested in the london zoo course as eldest son has a right royal phobia of spiders.

Had a flyer, and apprently it has been on the TV, it is called Pest Offense. You plug them in and it uses the wiring in your house, to create a force field (star trek has arrived) it effects the nervous system of the creatures and they leave home. It does not effect humans dogs etc, mammals mainly, but does effect chinchilla and some others cant remember which. According to the blurb, if you plug two in you create a barrier 8ft around your house that nothing enters. (Got a picture of very sterile flower beds) This of course came from america and has now reached the uk.

The poor gekoes would also have to leave home, which I for one would be very sorry about. Not convinced that living in such a situation is good for you? they claim there is no worries, but I suppose you could switch them on when you go out to work etc, not sure but thought people might like to know so they could investigate for themselves

Halflinggirl
Old Mar 25th 2005, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

oldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really niceoldgit is just really nice

An extract:

"Huntsman Spider

A full-grown huntsman spider can be as big as an adult hand. The spider typically has a crab-like set of legs and can sprint up walls and across ceilings with surprising speed. Huntsmen are known to bite and may cause mild local pain. etc etc etc"

well F**K THAT!!!!!

I purchased the above book from Sandown at the weekend. I read the above extract and nearly crapped my pants!!!!

Just to recap "can be as big as an adult hand. The spider typically has a crab-like set of legs and can sprint up walls and across ceilings with surprising speed"

HOLY S**T
Reference my last posting and attachment...."Honey I have shrunk Clive the Tarantula Huntsman into a money spider!!!!" I am a bit IT challenged must admit.Last night he was on the curtain looking at me which was unusual for him to be there at that time.I spotted a half dead fly on the carpet and put it outside never thinking.....oh my God i've thrown his dinner out... he'll go hungry possibly for days on end.He can't just go to the Deli when he's feeling a bit peckish. I felt so bad i got out the big power torch and went outside in the freezing cold found the fly dead from hyperthermia took it back in put it back where I found it told him I was sorry and went off to bed.I don't think he was a bit pleased with me cos his evening meal was stone cold and probably tasted of soil.Came down this morning no fly and no Clive.He has gone back under the fridge freezer motor where it is warm and cosy. Tonight we are promised an overnight temp of 1C with frost, rising to a daytime high of 20C so he will not emerge until the sun heats up a bit.Unless he sits on top of the log heater which will be going all night i do assure you.You must all look after your Huntsmans cos they are looking after you... Cheers
Old Mar 25th 2005, 11:04 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by oldgit
Reference my last posting and attachment...."Honey I have shrunk Clive the Tarantula Huntsman into a money spider!!!!" I am a bit IT challenged must admit.Last night he was on the curtain looking at me which was unusual for him to be there at that time.I spotted a half dead fly on the carpet and put it outside never thinking.....oh my God i've thrown his dinner out... he'll go hungry possibly for days on end.He can't just go to the Deli when he's feeling a bit peckish. I felt so bad i got out the big power torch and went outside in the freezing cold found the fly dead from hyperthermia took it back in put it back where I found it told him I was sorry and went off to bed.I don't think he was a bit pleased with me cos his evening meal was stone cold and probably tasted of soil.Came down this morning no fly and no Clive.He has gone back under the fridge freezer motor where it is warm and cosy. Tonight we are promised an overnight temp of 1C with frost, rising to a daytime high of 20C so he will not emerge until the sun heats up a bit.Unless he sits on top of the log heater which will be going all night i do assure you.You must all look after your Huntsmans cos they are looking after you... Cheers

Can't you just get a dog like everyone else.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TheColebecks
:scared: :scared: :scared:

This is [B]definitely [/B] a female Huntsman coz if it was a male it would have used all the loo roll and NOT bl**dy replaced it !!!

I HATE SPIDERS :scared: BUT I'LL LEARN TO *GULP* APPRECIATE THEM ... IN TIME!

Karen
It can't be a female its got hairy legs!!!!!
cheers oldgit
Old Mar 25th 2005, 11:11 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Not bothered about Huntsman now, as they eat Cockroaches. I've had both btw, but never at the same time

BUT one thing I was told by a woman at work here in Australia, was that male redbacks DO NOT always have a red mark on their backs.
While not quite as dangerous as the females, they can still make you pretty poorly.

Cas
Old Mar 25th 2005, 11:14 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

youre all mad!!!
Old Mar 25th 2005, 11:20 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

youre all mad!!!
Who, why and where?
Old Mar 25th 2005, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bordy
Can't you just get a dog like everyone else.
You can't talk to a dog like you can to a spider !!!!!
My dog is still back in the UK and I do miss her.She will be coming out to join me in a few months
cheers......oldgit
Old Mar 25th 2005, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

youre all mad!!!
I do assure you I have possession of all my mental faculties.What's more I talk to the Cookaburras too.... we both like a laugh!!!!
Cheers Oldgit.
PS This thread is turning out to be one of the year's highlights.Thankyou so much I find it highly entertaining
Old Mar 25th 2005, 11:57 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oldgit
I do assure you I have possession of all my mental faculties.What's more I talk to the Cookaburras too.... we both like a laugh!!!!
Cheers Oldgit.
PS This thread is turning out to be one of the year's highlights.Thankyou so much I find it highly entertaining

believe me, i had no idea...!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.