Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

"Migrant expats priced out of property market"

"Migrant expats priced out of property market"

Old Oct 29th 2009, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Migrant expats priced out of property market"

Originally Posted by johnnyx0
I was talking to a girl a few weeks ago. She's 22, got no regular income, wants to be a successful singer songwriter, but can't sing and is procrastinating about taking singing lessons. She said she wants to buy her first house soon, and it MUST have four bedrooms, a disco room, a pool, a tennis court, and a roller derby rink! Nothing less will do. It'll need to be near her parents house as she can't cook and doesn't know how to use a washing machine.....

I think they need to start teaching a new subject in schools: "Reality 101"
Doesn't need school for that - life will teach her soon enough
Old Oct 29th 2009, 1:55 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnnyx0
I was talking to a girl a few weeks ago. She's 22, got no regular income, wants to be a successful singer songwriter, but can't sing and is procrastinating about taking singing lessons. She said she wants to buy her first house soon, and it MUST have four bedrooms, a disco room, a pool, a tennis court, and a roller derby rink! Nothing less will do. It'll need to be near her parents house as she can't cook and doesn't know how to use a washing machine.....

I think they need to start teaching a new subject in schools: "Reality 101"

she may be an airhead but krudd recently gave billions to banks so they could continue lending to these types,at the expense of services,health etc.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 2:21 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Catch
she may be an airhead but krudd recently gave billions to banks so they could continue lending to these types,at the expense of services,health etc.
He did ? I must have missed that...

Old Oct 29th 2009, 3:35 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Me too.

Just because Cyclops, the one eyed Scottish idiot did it in the UK doesn't mean Rudd has done it here.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 4:18 am
Account Closed

i think it was 8 billion to make lenders "more competitive" especially small lenders.Do a search something should come up ,the story was buried the day after.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 4:25 am
Account Closed

it was in the Australian in early october,just read it after searching it .Forgot how to do a paste on article.if you would take the pleasure to do it ABC
Old Oct 29th 2009, 4:28 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

the story was buried the day after.
How was it buried?
Old Oct 29th 2009, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

i think it was 8 billion to make lenders "more competitive" especially small lenders.Do a search something should come up ,the story was buried the day after.

Here you go. Go to keep both sides up so people can try and work out whats going on.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...-29277,00.html

Not sure whether that is the same thing as occurred in the UK or not, which is another reason why I went looking.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 5:02 am
ABCDiamond

This was 11th October 2009, and they did specify that it was for 'High Quality residential mortgage-backed securities", are these the airheads that you said it was for ?
"The Government will direct the Australian Office of Financial Management to provide up to a further $8 billion of support to new issuances of high-quality RMBS, depending on market conditions," Mr Swan said today
I was wondering if this was anything to do with the Rudd Bank... but that was only $4 billion, and it died out anyway.
I wonder if this attempt will do better.

Just looking at it ... is this the same one that was here, or an extension:
22 July 2009
On 14 July 2009, the Australian Office of Financial Management (AOFM) announced that it had selected two further proposed issues of Australian residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) in which it would invest, as part of its mandate from the Federal Government to invest in up to A$8 billion in such securities.
It could mean a total of $16 Billion .

Old Oct 29th 2009, 7:30 am
Account Closed

This was 11th October 2009, and they did specify that it was for 'High Quality residential mortgage-backed securities", are these the airheads that you said it was for ?

if the banks are so robust,why do they need government help,when services are being cut

I was wondering if this was anything to do with the Rudd Bank... but that was only $4 billion, and it died out anyway.
I wonder if this attempt will do better.

Just looking at it ... is this the same one that was here, or an extension:

It could mean a total of $16 Billion .
my point is why use government to support banks which are bleating that they are finnancially sound,if they where not cutting back on services eg health etc this would not be a problem.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 7:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Amazulu
How was it buried?
given no editorial priority,as likely to cause controversy.Did you think it was buried in the garden with next doors dead cat.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 7:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Here you go. Go to keep both sides up so people can try and work out whats going on.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574...-29277,00.html

Not sure whether that is the same thing as occurred in the UK or not, which is another reason why I went looking.

far more deserving causes to spend 8 billion on
Old Oct 29th 2009, 7:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

given no editorial priority,as likely to cause controversy.Did you think it was buried in the garden with next doors dead cat.
Thanks for the sarcastic reply to my reasonable post.
Here is an article from 13th October - 2 days after the article quoted earlier:
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-36418,00.html
This was reported on national TV and radio news (including on PM on ABC radio - I listened to it) and in the press. I fail to see how it was buried.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 8:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Thanks for the sarcastic reply to my reasonable post.
Here is an article from 13th October - 2 days after the article quoted earlier:
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-36418,00.html
This was reported on national TV and radio news (including on PM on ABC radio - I listened to it) and in the press. I fail to see how it was buried.
sorry i thought i was only returning the volley
Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:28 am
Proudly Deplorable

sorry i thought i was only returning the volley
Sweet as.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.