midwifes pay

Old May 29th 2007, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

madwifekaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation midwifes pay

Hi Everyone, Ive just joined this forum. I finish my training as a midwife in Septemebr and am hoping to get out Australia by December/January. Have emailed a couple of hospitals and so far so good, sounds reasonably positive. Just wondering how much does a midwife get paid out there?? Im hoping to go to Adelaide...
Also what are chances of hubby getting an apprenticeship/trainee trade job??
Have any of you gone out as newly qualified? How is it??
AAAGH!! sorry, lots n lots of questions!!!
Kaz x
Old May 29th 2007, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: midwifes pay

A search on the nursing forum on this site will get you loads of info and I'm sure there will be midwives around for you to fire more questions at.
Old May 29th 2007, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future
Default Re: midwifes pay

Hi there

I am a madwife too - We got our visa about three weeks ago and hope to be in Adelaide before the end of the year. I think (and someone will correct me if I'm wrong) that your pay is in levels that correspond to the number of years you have been qualified - I have been a midwife for 9 years now (argh!!!!!!) and I was a nurse for 2 years before that. I would move onto level 9 (I think that's as high as it goes). There is a link somewhere to the amount of pay as it varies state to state - will see if I can find it. Post this on the nursing forum, I am sure someone will give you a more definate answer!

Lindsey