Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

is this the middle of nowhere

is this the middle of nowhere

Old Nov 11th 2005, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

stef will become famous soon enough
Question is this the middle of nowhere

I ve just been looking at web site with some great houses on but im not too sure if theyd be too far away from work. My husbands a truckie and hasnt got a job lined up so we re adaptable but we dont want to have to travel more than 40 mins to work. The houses are in toogoom, kawunga and woodgate beach. We also like redland bay and aroona but have no way of knowing if there in the middle of nowhere. Wish we had enough money to just tour around for a year or two - so does everyone else i bet! If anyone has any info on these places id be real grateful. There all in Queenland

Last edited by stef; Nov 11th 2005 at 10:10 pm.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

wannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: is this the middle of nowhere

Originally Posted by stef
I ve just been looking at web site with some great houses on but im not too sure if theyd be too far away from work. My husbands a truckie and hasnt got a job lined up so we re adaptable but we dont want to have to travel more than 40 mins to work. The houses are in toogoom, kawunga and woodgate beach. We also like redland bay and aroona but have no way of knowing if there in the middle of nowhere. Wish we had enough money to just tour around for a year or two - so does everyone else i bet! If anyone has any info on these places id be real grateful. cheers
looked in the lonely planet book and could not see where they were! what state and area??? may be able to give you better advise if I knew where it was!!!
Sounds familiar, but I travelled lots of Australia, not sure from memory!!!
Old Nov 11th 2005, 9:53 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

I ve just been looking at web site with some great houses on but im not too sure if theyd be too far away from work. My husbands a truckie and hasnt got a job lined up so we re adaptable but we dont want to have to travel more than 40 mins to work. The houses are in toogoom, kawunga and woodgate beach. We also like redland bay and aroona but have no way of knowing if there in the middle of nowhere. Wish we had enough money to just tour around for a year or two - so does everyone else i bet! If anyone has any info on these places id be real grateful. cheers
Errrrrrr where are you heading for?

Redland Bay is bayside Brisbane, Woodgate is 4 hrs north near Bundaberg , so not really commutable & I dont even recognise the others, so I doubt they are around Brisbane.

Suggest that you search by area on Realestate.com.au , not by price .
Old Nov 11th 2005, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

stef will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: is this the middle of nowhere

[QUOTE=MrsDagboy]Errrrrrr where are you heading for?

Redland Bay is bayside Brisbane, Woodgate is 4 hrs north near Bundaberg , so not really commutable & I dont even recognise the others, so I doubt they are around Brisbane.

Suggest that you search by area on Realestate.com.au , not by price .[/

The site i was on was just on Queensland. But thanks for your help
Old Nov 11th 2005, 10:18 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=stef]
Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Errrrrrr where are you heading for?

Suggest that you search by area on Realestate.com.au , not by price .[/

The site i was on was just on Queensland. But thanks for your help
If you are looking at moving to Brisbane, Redland Bay would be the only one suitable out of that lot.

Try this Realestate.com.au search by map you should be able to find where you want to live.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

The houses are in toogoom, kawunga and woodgate beach. We also like redland bay and aroona but

As Mrs D said Pialba - Bundaberg way: toogoom, kawunga and woodgate beach.

aroona - near Currimundi on the Sunshine Coast

Try www.whereis.com.au to help find places and (conservative) travel times.

WW