Mid-life crisis

Old Sep 15th 2004, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mid-life crisis

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Just read your post but thought I'd answer it here.....confused? I am...

I've got some dusty old slides somewhere in a box. This was just before digital cameras really took off.

There's some nice little towns just outside Melb'n, especially to the east and southeast. If you don't drive, the train system is pretty good, though the only train to Emerald was the 'Puffing Billy', tourist steam railway!

Wow! Your application is coming along apace *envious*, very best of luck.

Oh, one more thing, I'm a Sagittarius too......spooky....
When is you birthday? - mine is the 20th
Old Sep 15th 2004, 10:24 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
When is you birthday? - mine is the 20th
I'm 39 on November 30th.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

I'm 39 on November 30th.
I'm a 'typical' Sagittarius - love the countryside, flora and fauna, have great love of horses - love to travel, someone recently called me a gypsy - don't know if they meant 'tinker', but I have known some very nice Romanys' with links to horses. I am impulsive and maybe a little headstrong - fight for what I believe is right, but also tend to open my mouth, then think later - also talk a lot (some would say too much!)
You still have the advantage of youth over me still being in your 30s - least my hair is not going grey though yet!
Old Sep 15th 2004, 10:49 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a 'typical' Sagittarius - love the countryside, flora and fauna, have great love of horses - love to travel, someone recently called me a gypsy - don't know if they meant 'tinker', but I have known some very nice Romanys' with links to horses. I am impulsive and maybe a little headstrong - fight for what I believe is right, but also tend to open my mouth, then think later - also talk a lot (some would say too much!)
You still have the advantage of youth over me still being in your 30s - least my hair is not going grey though yet!
Blimey, you could be describing me there (except for the bit about horses), though most things that bark, chirp and smell interest me.

I've had one grey hair on my temple now for years, all by its lonesome! So long as I don't become too 'beige' in my middle age I think I'll stay a bit of a big kid at heart.

They say that Sagittarians are natural socialites. Actually I kind of have a built in 'bullshit detector', so even though I'll talk to practically anyone, I won't be led by the nose too easily.....

Anyhoo, here's a toast to all Sags, gypsies, and free spirits everywhere...

Tony.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

Blimey, you could be describing me there (except for the bit about horses), though most things that bark, chirp and smell interest me.

I've had one grey hair on my temple now for years, all by its lonesome! So long as I don't become too 'beige' in my middle age I think I'll stay a bit of a big kid at heart.

They say that Sagittarians are natural socialites. Actually I kind of have a built in 'bullshit detector', so even though I'll talk to practically anyone, I won't be led by the nose too easily.....

Anyhoo, here's a toast to all Sags, gypsies, and free spirits everywhere...

Tony.
Are you my male variant of a doppleganger then ?- I nearly asked you if you looked like me as well, but we have never met have we?? !(never been to Kent)
Also don't suffer fools gladly
Like you say - here's to all '.....free spirits'
Cas x
Old Sep 15th 2004, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

Are you my male variant of a doppleganger then ?- I nearly asked you if you looked like me as well

Only kidding!
Old Sep 15th 2004, 11:19 pm
Account Closed

Only kidding!
No! Meant that we seem to have similarities in what we like and don't like and what we are like as people - wandersome chatterboxes who don't like ingenuine people - thinking that our physical makeup may be similar too (ie doppleganger) I have slim build, fair hair, green eyes (probably due to me being direct decendent of Old Mother Shipton the Yorkshire Witch/Seer!!)
Cas
ps - my Dads nickname for me is 'saggy-arse', but I HAVE NOT got one of those
Old Sep 15th 2004, 11:29 pm
Account Closed

No! Meant that we seem to have similarities in what we like and don't like and what we are like as people - wandersome chatterboxes who don't like ingenuine people - thinking that our physical makeup may be similar too (ie doppleganger) I have slim build, fair hair, green eyes (probably due to me being direct decendent of Old Mother Shipton the Yorkshire Witch/Seer!!)
Cas
ps - my Dads nickname for me is 'saggy-arse', but I HAVE NOT got one of those
Aah, I see

Well I'm slim-build, dark brown hair and hazel eyes. My mum's old nickname for me was 'scruff', as my hair seems to have a mind of it's own.

Oh...and I haven't got a saggy arse either!
Old Sep 15th 2004, 11:43 pm
Account Closed

Aah, I see

Well I'm slim-build, dark brown hair and hazel eyes. My mum's old nickname for me was 'scruff', as my hair seems to have a mind of it's own.

Oh...and I haven't got a saggy arse either!
Glad to hear it Re: saggy arse
Hazel eyes are also linked to mysticism - Hazel tree ( well I'm pretty sure of Druidic Yew trees, but think Hazel trees are mystical as well - I'll double check, unless you know) - also Harry Potter has hair with a mind of its' own - and he's a witch, Also nurse are healers - as are witches - so there you go!
Shame about the dark hair - I like dark hair, but it does mean that you cannot be my male-counterpart doppleganger - so I will never recognise you if we met in Melbourne when you are a fully-fledged witch (sorry - nurse!)

Cas x
Old Sep 15th 2004, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

Glad to hear it Re: saggy arse
Hazel eyes are also linked to mysticism - Hazel tree ( well I'm pretty sure of Druidic Yew trees, but think Hazel trees are mystical as well - I'll double check, unless you know) - also Harry Potter has hair with a mind of its' own - and he's a witch, Also nurse are healers - as are witches - so there you go!
Shame about the dark hair - I like dark hair, but it does mean that you cannot be my male-counterpart doppleganger - so I will never recognise you if we met in Melbourne when you are a fully-fledged witch (sorry - nurse!)

Cas x
Don't know much about tree mysticism other than Elders shouldn't be cut as they're supposed to contain evil spirits. Well, they smell of cats pee anyway!

Like Harry Potter I wear glasses (or unlike HP, contact lenses)!
*cue twilight zone music*

You'll recognise me in Melb'n, I'll be the one with the big pointy wizard's hat, being given a wide berth by people giving me uncomfortable sideways glances...

You might find me lurking in Melbourne Market or the Botanical Gardens looking at the wild fruit bats that live there! Otherwise, I'll be sunning myself on the beaches of North East New South Wales, esky full of cold beer close to hand. Though I'll get some JD in if you're ever passing through.

Mind you, that's if Aussie immigration let me have my way.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 12:05 am
Account Closed

Don't know much about tree mysticism other than Elders shouldn't be cut as they're supposed to contain evil spirits. Well, they smell of cats pee anyway!

Like Harry Potter I wear glasses (or unlike HP, contact lenses)!
*cue twilight zone music*

You'll recognise me in Melb'n, I'll be the one with the big pointy wizard's hat, being given a wide berth by people giving me uncomfortable sideways glances...

You might find me lurking in Melbourne Market or the Botanical Gardens looking at the wild fruit bats that live there! Otherwise, I'll be sunning myself on the beaches of North East New South Wales, esky full of cold beer close to hand. Though I'll get some JD in if you're ever passing through.

Mind you, that's if Aussie immigration let me have my way.
Re: JD - sounds good to me - have some here if you are ever passing through Cheshire !
Course Aussie Immi will let you have your way - won't be long before you are filling your forms in....
Old Sep 16th 2004, 12:21 am
Account Closed

Re: JD - sounds good to me - have some here if you are ever passing through Cheshire !
Course Aussie Immi will let you have your way - won't be long before you are filling your forms in....
That reminds me.....did you apply as 'skilled independent'? I worked it out that I'd have a job to pass the points system without 3 years experience and a job offer. That could take forever! Well, 3 years anyway!

Just wondering......or being nosey!
Old Sep 16th 2004, 12:36 am
Account Closed

That reminds me.....did you apply as 'skilled independent'? I worked it out that I'd have a job to pass the points system without 3 years experience and a job offer. That could take forever! Well, 3 years anyway!

Just wondering......or being nosey!
No, I have applied for employer sponsorship - 457 visa - 1 to 4 year temp visa. Began my application end of July; as I said, I'm looking at getting the visa in December - so that's not too long is it?
Once I get to Aus then I will apply for PR (hopefully my employer will sponsor me for it) Getting PR once there should only take about 6 months ( much better than the 18 month wait from here) and I have been assured that there should be no problem for nurses.
I am being assisted by Affinity Nursing recruitment who have been very helpful and efficient.
Don't leave it too long re: age
Cas
ps see you ignored the bit about Cheshire !!!!! Don't you drink JD??

Last edited by carolinegorka; Sep 16th 2004 at 12:47 am.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 1:02 am
Account Closed

No, I have applied for employer sponsorship - 457 visa - 1 to 4 year temp visa. Began my application end of July; as I said, I'm looking at getting the visa in December - so that's not too long is it?
Once I get to Aus then I will apply for PR (hopefully my employer will sponsor me for it) Getting PR once there should only take about 6 months ( much better than the 18 month wait from here) and I have been assured that there should be no problem for nurses.
I am being assisted by Affinity Nursing recruitment who have been very helpful and efficient.
Don't leave it too long re: age
Cas
ps see you ignored the bit about Cheshire !!!!! Don't you drink JD??
That's a revelation to me! I guess I got into this mind-set about having only this route open to me. And then I thought, maybe I could go out on a temporary contract and get my experience that way. It would seem that you're virtually doing the same thing, but for some reason I thought it took a lot longer, I don't know why... I'll be going to the migration fare in October....hope to get lots of useful advice on the path to choose and get some idea of how long it all takes. I'll have to look out for your nursing agency if you recommend them.

What's PR sponsorship by the way?

I love whisky! I wasn't ignoring you, just forgot to drop in a 'thanks for the invite', in my response!

You're welcome to drop by mine in Kent anytime as well! I live in a wee village, which doesn't mean it smells of wee, it just isn't all that big!
Old Sep 16th 2004, 1:05 am
Account Closed

Sorry, forgot to mention that I knew about the 45 age limit. Anyways, I'm impatient for my Aussie fix NOW, or I might go all cold turkey! :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.