Michael Ball!!!

Old Apr 9th 2004, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road
Default Michael Ball!!!

Am about to emigrate and am a HUGE Michael Ball fan...he's been on tour in Oz recently and I was wondering how popular he was out there and how he was received. Been to nearly every tour for over ten years, except the last one due to arrival of baby Callum, and very excited if Michael Ball will be doing more tours in the future!
No I don't mean Michael Bolton, I do mean the one who was in Eurovision and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!!!!!!!!!!!!
Susan
Old Apr 9th 2004, 7:54 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Don't see much of him on the box anymore since Think of a number finished, does his daughter Zoe go on tour with him?
Old Apr 9th 2004, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Arron
Hi,
Don't see much of him on the box anymore since Think of a number finished, does his daughter Zoe go on tour with him?
Ha Ha Ha...very funny, he normally gets confused with Michael Bolton so Johnny Ball is a new one!
Susan
Old Apr 9th 2004, 9:33 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Who is he?.
Old Apr 9th 2004, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

mary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant futuremary1 has a brilliant future

I went to his concert last week in Brisbane.

(I'd never heard of him but my Ozzie bloke had and loves Phantom and Le Mis and stuff like that and bought us tickets).

The concert was great.Loads of middle aged women up dancing and crowding the stage so there must be a following here too.

I've been trying to get a DVD/ CD but can't find any in the shops.
Old Apr 10th 2004, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Michael Ball!!!

Originally posted by sunny_samantha
Am about to emigrate and am a HUGE Michael Ball fan...he's been on tour in Oz recently and I was wondering how popular he was out there and how he was received. Been to nearly every tour for over ten years, except the last one due to arrival of baby Callum, and very excited if Michael Ball will be doing more tours in the future!
No I don't mean Michael Bolton, I do mean the one who was in Eurovision and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!!!!!!!!!!!!
Susan
When I arrived in Australia I thought , "Yes, no more Robbie Williams, no more Casualty, no more Westlife". I switch on the TV and who do I see...yep, Michael Ball.... swings and roundabouts I guess.

I don't think he's particularly well known - there was a review of his show in (the age I think) and it started by describing who he was. (For what it's worth, the reviewer said his voice was brilliant but he was so cheesy he lost all credibility...... )

The good news in all this is that I still haven't heard anything of Robbie Williams, Casualty, or Westlife.
Old Apr 10th 2004, 3:26 am
Badge

I used to sing a lot when I was a kid...but get this all my fans..

when I am feeling in the mood, and have warmed up, (I have to warm up) I can REALLY belt it out. My speciality is...

Love Changes Everything, by Mr Ball!!!!!

and I can do all the operatic high notes, and end part, and that "Love never , never, never be; theeeeee SAAAAAAMMMMEEEE" always hits the spot, and actually sound like he does. I've always wanted to do it on karoke - as I can only sing 'classic', I can't do pop.

Girlfriends are stunned when they hear me get the voice out. It's always 'wow - never knew'. Noone else ever gets to hear. (!)

I love singing.

Badge

Last edited by badgersmount; Apr 10th 2004 at 3:29 am.

Old Apr 10th 2004, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by badgersmount
I used to sing a lot when I was a kid...but get this all my fans..

when I am feeling in the mood, and have warmed up, (I have to warm up) I can REALLY belt it out. My speciality is...

Love Changes Everything, by Mr Ball!!!!!

and I can do all the operatic high notes, and end part, and that "Love never , never, never be; theeeeee SAAAAAAMMMMEEEE" always hits the spot, and actually sound like he does. I've always wanted to do it on karoke - as I can only sing 'classic', I can't do pop.

Girlfriends are stunned when they hear me get the voice out. It's always 'wow - never knew'. Noone else ever gets to hear. (!)

I love singing.

Badge
Have sung along to his songs many times myself, although I'm not sure if it would be a pleasant experince to listen to me!
The age of fans in this country (UK) has really changed over the past ten years when everyone (except me) seemed to be over 55/60 whereas now there are a lot of younger fans. Still mainly female though, although my husband has sat through and enjoyed many cpncerts. He did also sleep through one though, much to the disgust of the woman next to me!!!!!!
Would love to see Michael Ball perform in Aus one day!
Susan