Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Message for all people emmigrating to Adelaide

Message for all people emmigrating to Adelaide

Old Jan 30th 2004, 7:05 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by podgypossum
Thats a good idea..

As we have some more Adelaide newbies i am bonking this up again..

PTlabs.. you are such a spunky kind of guy and i know how helpful you like to be. I reckon you must be the answer to every girls prayer.
(is that good enough?)

Can we have this put at the top of the thread list?...hmmm?..please?
Can we have a poll first please ?
Old Jan 30th 2004, 7:28 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Bix
Podgy,

I am beginning to think u never go to bed or is it that u are not really in Adelaide ?

I have one or two special threads prepared so watch this space as they say. I think; nay I hope u will enjoy them.

PS
Elaine M is due out there in 14 days so escape while u can.

Oi!! Cheek - and BTW it's only 11 days till I set off now (13 days till arrival in the fair city of Adelaide).

You're only jealous, Bix.

Elaine
Old Jan 30th 2004, 7:33 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Elaine M
Oi!! Cheek - and BTW it's only 11 days till I set off now (13 days till arrival in the fair city of Adelaide).

You're only jealous, Bix.

Elaine
Alas, it is true; I am but a jealous fool.
I haven't even been able to start the visa process yet.

Hey, if u need a cab when u get there phone PP she is good at arranging those.

Old Jan 30th 2004, 7:43 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

If pp could organise me a cheap rate for being ferried about over the next few weeks I'd love it!

Had my strategy all worked out for getting enough money over to Aus to buy my car but it's all fallen apart - the damn application for additional loan got lost in the post so my mortgage lender won't get the money to me before I go.

Am looking at 2.75% charge on credit card now - £137 on £5000 - I was going to transfer from my account to my sister's for £20.

%$**er!

Elaine
(oops I dont normally swear!!)
Old Jan 30th 2004, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

If pp could organise me a cheap rate for being ferried about over the next few weeks I'd love it!

Had my strategy all worked out for getting enough money over to Aus to buy my car but it's all fallen apart - the damn application for additional loan got lost in the post so my mortgage lender won't get the money to me before I go.

Am looking at 2.75% charge on credit card now - £137 on £5000 - I was going to transfer from my account to my sister's for £20.

%$**er!

Elaine
(oops I dont normally swear!!)

Hi Elaine..wher ein Adleiade will you be staying, and what type of vehicle do you need..i vaguely remember you posting saying you had special needs for a car.
Old Jan 30th 2004, 8:03 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally posted by podgypossum
Hi Elaine..wher ein Adleiade will you be staying, and what type of vehicle do you need..i vaguely remember you posting saying you had special needs for a car.

Not wishing to downgrade a serious question but 4 wheels would be nice
Old Jan 30th 2004, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Are you looking for a poke in the eye with a big stick?
Old Jan 30th 2004, 8:06 pm

Hiya pp,

I'm staying in Salisbury North, and I need a (fairly small) automatic adapted with a left accelerator pedal. I emailed the SA Disability Information Resource Centre in Adelaide asking if they knew of anywhere I can hire an adapted car but didn't get a reply.

I'm annoyed with myself for not chasing the loan application sooner - posted the form 31 December but didn't twig that I should have at least had an acknowledgement, only checked this week.

I'll pay the credit card charge if I have to, I'm just annoyed at wasting over £100 I could have put to better use, like

You don't have any ideas do you?

Elaine
Old Jan 30th 2004, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

I will try ringing around a few places Elaine.. i might have ot wait till Monday though, as i not sure if some places will be open as its Saturday.
Old Jan 30th 2004, 8:17 pm

Cheers pp,

You're a star.

Roll on next Friday - last day at work for 4 and a half weeks!

That thought's cheered me up....

Elaine
Old Jan 30th 2004, 8:32 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Cheers pp,

You're a star.

Roll on next Friday - last day at work for 4 and a half weeks!

That thought's cheered me up....

Elaine
Need a porter ?
I is a strong young lad.
Old Jan 30th 2004, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just wannna check something Elaine.

I have found a disabled car modifcication company in the phone book.. no point ringing yet as its only 8am, but wanted to ask you if you would be prepared to hire one that wasnt from a rental comany providing it was obviously in good nick etc?...who knows..they might have someone about who would lend you theirs
Old Jan 30th 2004, 8:35 pm

If I could fit you in my case AND you weigh less than 10kg you can have the job.

Otherwise you're going to have to wait till you get your very own visa...

Elaine
Old Jan 30th 2004, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

OMG!!..i may have found you a solution Elaine!!

just ofund this website

www.lesbrazier.com.au

and he is based in Elizabeth!!

he does hire out wheelchair vehicles but you never know, he might have what you are looking for, or could point you in the right direction
Old Jan 30th 2004, 9:13 pm

Thanks pp,

I've just emailed them to ask if they have anything suitable.

You're brilliant!

Elaine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.