Merlot????

Old Aug 1st 2005, 3:46 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Merlot????

I go away for the weekend, come back and Merlot is no longer registered on here??

What did I miss??
Old Aug 1st 2005, 3:53 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Merlot????

I had noticed she had gone quiet, but thought she was just taking a break as she had indicated she was a bit fed up with some things on here recently.

But yes, it looks like she has de-registered. In some ways it isn't surprising, as it may not be worth the hassle to be on here at times.

I wonder if something else happened, or if she just decided to make a break for freedom while she had the chance

Good luck to her, I say Maybe she will appear on one of the forums local to her when she comes back

Old Aug 1st 2005, 3:59 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I had noticed she had gone quiet, but thought she was just taking a break as she had indicated she was a bit fed up with some things on here recently.

But yes, it looks like she has de-registered. In some ways it isn't surprising, as it may not be worth the hassle to be on here at times.

I wonder if something else happened, or if she just decided to make a break for freedom while she had the chance

Good luck to her, I say Maybe she will appear on one of the forums local to her when she comes back

I would have thought if it was just a break, wouldnt she have stayed registered but just not come online or post on here?

Personally, I will be sad if she does stay away as she was fun to read. I think its sad that anyone feels they have to de-register and just disappear.

Anyway, I just wondered if I had missed something while I was away....

Hels
Old Aug 1st 2005, 5:00 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I knew she was getting fed up, but also didn't realise she'd now deregistered.

Also hadn't really seen what she was fed up with(apart from the usual on here!), but then I haven't been on here as much, and have tried not to participate in the long/argumentive threads(usually by just ignoring the long threads )
Old Aug 1st 2005, 5:24 am
Gone surfin'

Soi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant future

But yes, it looks like she has de-registered.
How do you de-register exactly? I've been looking but I can't find it.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 5:37 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Soi Oz
How do you de-register exactly? I've been looking but I can't find it.

You have to pm the adminstrators (Paul or Sue) I think.
It's useful if you also don't want to recieve pm's anymore, this way no one can send you pm's or emails.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 5:39 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

But you can just choose not to receive PMs without changing your subscription to Usenet. Or is that just a premium feature?

Originally Posted by Simone
You have to pm the adminstrators (Paul or Sue) I think.
It's useful if you also don't want to recieve pm's anymore, this way no one can send you pm's or emails.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 5:45 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by Geordie George
But you can just choose not to receive PMs without changing your subscription to Usenet. Or is that just a premium feature?
Ah true!
No, it's not only a premium feature.....

Hmmm, yes, I don't know the point of it then..... I guess it's a feeling for yourself, and to make a statement of some sorts...
Old Aug 1st 2005, 5:57 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I guess if you feel that you're getting nothing but crap from the forum, but worry that you still might be tempted to log in and get involved, you might be tempted to void your log-in? Kind of like a safe-guard?

It's a shame that Merlot's gone. She was one of the longer-serving members - lots of experience to draw on and stories to share. I hope she has a change of heart after taking a break.

GG

Originally Posted by Simone
Ah true!
No, it's not only a premium feature.....

Hmmm, yes, I don't know the point of it then..... I guess it's a feeling for yourself, and to make a statement of some sorts...
Old Aug 1st 2005, 6:17 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

I guess if you feel that you're getting nothing but crap from the forum, but worry that you still might be tempted to log in and get involved, you might be tempted to void your log-in? Kind of like a safe-guard?

It's a shame that Merlot's gone. She was one of the longer-serving members - lots of experience to draw on and stories to share. I hope she has a change of heart after taking a break.

GG
I agree.
She made plenty of good posts, and started some good threads!

But I can understand wanting to get out of here though. This forum can start to dominate your life, and if you then even get just a bit of 'crap', then it all seems very pointless, and not worth it.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 6:39 am
ABCDiamond

but worry that you still might be tempted to log in and get involved, you might be tempted to void your log-in? Kind of like a safe-guard?
That's the only way some of us will ever be able to escape from here

I can't say it hasn't crossed my mind recently too.

I wonder if it is something to do with the weather (Well, we Brits always blame the weather !)

Old Aug 1st 2005, 6:39 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

I think she is having a break.!! I hope one day she will be back on...!!

I think we all get fed up with the personal attacks that take place on this forum from time to time.!!

Anyway Merlot if you are looking in pls know that you are missed hunny...!!

Enjoy the break !!

Love
P x
Old Aug 1st 2005, 6:42 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
I go away for the weekend, come back and Merlot is no longer registered on here??

What did I miss??
Hi Hels,

I'm absolutely shocked. I knew she wasn't happy for a while but I thought she'd decided to keep on posting....unless something else has happened since.

Bev, if you're out there, come back. You could name yourself 'Merlot MkII'!!.. I always enjoyed your posts and it would be such a shame if one or more people on here have driven you away. Give yourself some time to think about it and then register again.

D D xxxx
Old Aug 1st 2005, 6:51 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Hi Hels,

I'm absolutely shocked. I knew she wasn't happy for a while but I thought she'd decided to keep on posting....unless something else has happened since.

Bev, if you're out there, come back. You could name yourself 'Merlot MkII'!!.. I always enjoyed your posts and it would be such a shame if one or more people on here have driven you away. Give yourself some time to think about it and then register again.

D D xxxx

DD
I have sent you a pm pls can you check as having stress with this comp...arghhhhhhhhhhh

x
Old Aug 1st 2005, 6:54 am
Cup of tea, Father?

I know what you mean, ABC. I've been thinking about it too. But then I decided I'd regret it in the long run. Maybe asking Wayne to temporarily ban me while I beat this addiction is the way forward?!

Perhaps you're right. Maybe the weather's sending us all doolally.

GG

That's the only way some of us will ever be able to escape from here

I can't say it hasn't crossed my mind recently too.

I wonder if it is something to do with the weather (Well, we Brits always blame the weather !)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.