British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Men why are they so calm (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/men-why-they-so-calm-372710/)

angipipsqueak May 10th 2006 3:36 pm

Men why are they so calm

My husband rang me on my mobile whilst I was out shopping. He asked me where I was, I explained I was in Toys R Us buying our 6 year old little boy a few birthday presents its his birthday next week. He then very calmly asked me how big the present was, did it come in a box, was it something I thought I could sell on, or take to Australia. I asked him why he calmly said oh
We've got the visa. I was so shocked the woman in Toys R Us offered me a cup of tea. Well I've had to wait all day to tell someone, so I'm telling you all We've got it. I'm now in major panic, and my husband has casually carried on working. Men :rolleyes:

Wendy May 10th 2006 3:40 pm

Re: Men why are they so calm

Originally Posted by angipipsqueak
My husband rang me on my mobile whilst I was out shopping. He asked me where I was, I explained I was in Toys R Us buying our 6 year old little boy a few birthday presents its his birthday next week. He then very calmly asked me how big the present was, did it come in a box, was it something I thought I could sell on, or take to Australia. I asked him why he calmly said oh
We've got the visa. I was so shocked the woman in Toys R Us offered me a cup of tea. Well I've had to wait all day to tell someone, so I'm telling you all We've got it. I'm now in major panic, and my husband has casually carried on working. Men :rolleyes:

CONGRATULATIONS :beer:

Mine was the same. I cried with relief when our agent told me, the hubby just said that's good and went to work.

4 months later and nearing the end of the house sale, he has started to realise that we ARE going and is now excited.

Men indeed !!

Juliecabs May 10th 2006 3:40 pm

Congratulations Angie.
Well Done!
Oh, and my hubby will be exactly the same as yours :rolleyes:

Julie. x

geordie mandy May 10th 2006 3:44 pm

Well done thats men for you .
Mandy :beer:

Bordy May 10th 2006 3:45 pm

Congratulations. :beer:

And just for the record I wasn't so calm. :p

Nicky & Dave May 10th 2006 3:47 pm

Congratulations - and make sure you get yourself something stronger than tea to celebrate tonight!

Nicky

sparks124 May 10th 2006 3:47 pm

it's because we men are calm, casual, calculating and completely rational, unlike you women. :D :D

Wendy May 10th 2006 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by sparks124
it's because we men are calm, casual, calculating and completely rational, unlike you women. :D :D

yeah right :rolleyes: :D

sparks124 May 10th 2006 3:48 pm

many congratulations by the way :D

pioneer May 10th 2006 4:01 pm

Big big congratulations.
Brilliant news.
Sharon

Juliecabs May 10th 2006 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by sparks124
it's because we men are manic, stressed, cold and calculating and completely irrational, unlike you women. :D :D

I agree with you there Sparks :D :p

Julie. x

Luma May 10th 2006 4:18 pm

CONGRATULATIONS :beer:

sparks124 May 10th 2006 4:25 pm

:D

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
I agree with you there Sparks :D :p

Julie. x

that will be the sex thing then.

the difference in :D

furkew May 10th 2006 4:43 pm

wait till he gets home.

Well done getting the visa BTW.

Just remember the 2 magic BE rules.

Don't panic at any time at all,

and never never never forget to keep your glass filled :D

:beer:

helinuk May 10th 2006 5:09 pm

Congratulations :beer: :beer:
Helinuk