Melways

Old May 10th 2003, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice
Default Melways

I know i've read it before on here somewhere but i can't find it. Where can i get a Melways (or other good street map of Melbourne) whilst still in the uk?
Mandy
Old May 10th 2003, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Melways

Originally posted by Mandyisere
I know i've read it before on here somewhere but i can't find it. Where can i get a Melways (or other good street map of Melbourne) whilst still in the uk?
Mandy

http://www.melway.com.au/index2.html

It costs $50 to ship to the UK

I purchased last years LARGE format for £29 inc delivery - it seriously is worth it - there is SO much info in there - really helps when looking at suburbs to buy / rent.

The 2003 version costs $65 + $50 delivery to UK - I got the 2002 version for $75 delivered

go for it
Old May 10th 2003, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice

Thanks Terry has I knew you'd have the answer
Mandy
Old May 10th 2003, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Terry has I knew you'd have the answer
Mandy

anytime Mandy

BTW user Simonconner is a psychiatric nurse too

Old May 10th 2003, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Terry my order has gone through. $72 for last years edition. How long did they take to deliver yours?
Mandy
Old May 10th 2003, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Terry my order has gone through. $72 for last years edition. How long did they take to deliver yours?
Mandy
Excellent !

Mandy - its 886 pages you know

u been to Melb b4 ?

Took about 6 months for delivery - only joking - about 5 working days

Old May 10th 2003, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried search facility at www.movingdownunder.co.uk/files/books.php

It links to Amazon and they should have it.
Old May 10th 2003, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by karawara88
Have you tried search facility at www.movingdownunder.co.uk/files/books.php

It links to Amazon and they should have it.
yes - not there I'm afraid
Old May 11th 2003, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Mandy
I just bought a 2003 edition of the UBD of Melbourne (same as a Melways) from Amazon. Cost about £15.00 and was delivered next day.

Regards
Old May 11th 2003, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Jaykay
I just bought a 2003 edition of the UBD of Melbourne (same as a Melways) from Amazon. Cost about £15.00 and was delivered next day.

Regards

Hi Jaykay

there really is no comparison

This is A3 with nearly 900 pages.

Also most realestate sites give you a reference.

If youre gonna splash out do it in style.

Cheers mate and good luck
Old May 11th 2003, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by terryg
Hi Jaykay

there really is no comparison

This is A3 with nearly 900 pages.

Also most realestate sites give you a reference.

If youre gonna splash out do it in style.

Cheers mate and good luck
Hi Terry

My Melways is back at my Parent's house in Melbourne so I didn't want to buy another one (and the cost is ridiculous to buy another one and have it shipped here) so I compromised.

It's really for him outdoors who just wants to see where all the suburbs are and the distances from each other. He doesn't really need a Melways for that, the UBD will suffice!!

Will pick the Melways up once we're back in Melbourne

Regards
Old May 11th 2003, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Terry

My Melways is back at my Parent's house in Melbourne so I didn't want to buy another one (and the cost is ridiculous to buy another one and have it shipped here) so I compromised.

It's really for him outdoors who just wants to see where all the suburbs are and the distances from each other. He doesn't really need a Melways for that, the UBD will suffice!!

Will pick the Melways up once we're back in Melbourne

Regards

Jaykay

When you off and which suburbs you aiming at ?
Old May 11th 2003, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

Melways is the Melbourne Bible,don't go for the inferior UBD.The majority of references given in Melbourne will be Melway map grids.
There is also a Victorian style edition of the Melways that covers every street,road & town in regional Victoria.VicRoads is what it was called a while ago.
Old May 11th 2003, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by terryg
Jaykay

When you off and which suburbs you aiming at ?
Hoping to move back in September as long as the house sells, and I can transfer jobs with the company I'm working with now.

Probably stay with the parents for a little while. They live in Kilsyth which is at the bottom of the Dandenongs.

Plan to find somewhere in that area as well, as the rest of the family all live locally, as do most of my friends there.

Will probably rent for 6 months and then look to buy a block of land and build something nice on it.

Where are you looking at?
Old May 11th 2003, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Hoping to move back in September as long as the house sells, and I can transfer jobs with the company I'm working with now.

Probably stay with the parents for a little while. They live in Kilsyth which is at the bottom of the Dandenongs.

Plan to find somewhere in that area as well, as the rest of the family all live locally, as do most of my friends there.

Will probably rent for 6 months and then look to buy a block of land and build something nice on it.

Where are you looking at?
JK

just sent you a PM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.