Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne the worlds most liveable city once more!

Melbourne the worlds most liveable city once more!

Old Sep 17th 2012, 10:24 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne the worlds most liveable city once more!

terrible weather.
nice to be back in sydney under a sunny sky!
Old Sep 17th 2012, 12:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
....and as for "pompous al la carte".....just read any Australian newspaper supplement to see how popular they are with the pretentious classes in this 'classless' society
So they are all 'plebs' then, in Derbyshire, are they? I knew a guy from Derbyshire who was more than eager to get around and find new places to visit - because of the food...

All Sunday supplements contain reviews of places to eat....that's all it is..
Old Sep 17th 2012, 7:17 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont go shattering the illusion

Originally Posted by bcworld
...everytime I have to be in early the trains are cancelled! Standing waiting on the platform now knowing that if I can't squeeze myself on to the next one I'll be late for my meeting. Thought the cancelled train was actually coming but it trundled through the station with smashed windows. Nice @ #mostliveable city! And that next train just keeps getting delayed too!
Old Sep 17th 2012, 8:43 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

i dont think the phrase "most livable" equates to "perfect"
Old Sep 21st 2012, 1:35 am
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

There must be reasons as to why Melbourne is up there each year as being the best city in the world to live in, I have never been, but it just doesn't appeal to me, I can't put my finger on why, but just why is it always voted near the top?
Old Sep 21st 2012, 2:35 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont know really, it is always the same people that do the 'survey' and it is always the same cities in the top. It's weird really because I have lived in Melbourne and it it does nothing for me, no more than any other city.

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
There must be reasons as to why Melbourne is up there each year as being the best city in the world to live in, I have never been, but it just doesn't appeal to me, I can't put my finger on why, but just why is it always voted near the top?
Old Sep 21st 2012, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

These surveys mean naff all as it is how the individual percieves where they live that matters. I know someone who went from a council house in Middlesbrough to a fairly smart part of Vancouver - one of the most liveable cities and thought it was a crap hole and left.

Perth is often in the list and yet most of the Brits i know who came around the same time as me have left and gone back and certainly not to places that appear on these lists.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 12:25 am
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Originally Posted by verystormy
These surveys mean naff all as it is how the individual percieves where they live that matters. I know someone who went from a council house in Middlesbrough to a fairly smart part of Vancouver - one of the most liveable cities and thought it was a crap hole and left.

Perth is often in the list and yet most of the Brits i know who came around the same time as me have left and gone back and certainly not to places that appear on these lists.

But I don't understand why London is never high up on the list, surely there's no better city in the world than London, as good as maybe, but better surely not.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 1:17 am
Daffyd Duck

But I don't understand why London is never high up on the list, surely there's no better city in the world than London, as good as maybe, but better surely not.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 2:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

London is a fantastic city but liveable? I think not. Well not if you're under 18 and over 30.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 3:04 am
Banned

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
London is a fantastic city but liveable? I think not. Well not if you're under 18 and over 30.

Fair point.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 5:03 am
Banned

It just seems to depend what survey you read but yes it is hard to fathom thats for sure.