Melbourne on a WHV: a couple of questions

Melbourne on a WHV: a couple of questions

Old Jun 26th 2008, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

ajhurley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Melbourne on a WHV: a couple of questions

Hi,

Wondering could anyone help.

I'm considering a number of options now, all of which involve leaving London in September.

One destination I'm considering is Melbourne. I have quite a large interest in the Arts, and by all accounts this city should suit. Has anyone any opinions in that regard?

Also, I'm trying to understand how much money I would need initially. I currently work as a financial analyst (earn low £40k's) and would seek immediate employment in the same line of work. I would most likely look to move into a one bedroom apartment. With all that in mind, how much would people recommend is needed to goto Australia. I will be on a WHV.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Andrew
Old Jun 26th 2008, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

_Australia will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Melbourne on a WHV: a couple of questions

For arts your going to the right place. For work you need to remember you can only work in the same job for 6 months max. To get another year in Australia under WHV you can do farm work for min 3 months.

Andrew