Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne weather?

Melbourne weather?

Old May 21st 2006, 1:10 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne weather?

Originally Posted by ladywithatorch
Bloody bugger!!!!

xRachx
I know....I was planning a nice day indoors watching telly and doing other inane inside type things, but it looks like I'm gonna have to go out....
Old May 21st 2006, 1:12 am
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
I know....I was planning a nice day indoors watching telly and doing other inane inside type things, but it looks like I'm gonna have to go out....
Now you're being just downright vindictive......where are ya?

I'll have ya!!!

oh sh*t - -sounding like I'm from manchester - -and I'm no-where near there!!!!!

xRachx

p.s - -I'm loving all those from manchester!!!!!
Old May 21st 2006, 1:15 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Now you're being just downright vindictive......where are ya?

I'll have ya!!!

oh sh*t - -sounding like I'm from manchester - -and I'm no-where near there!!!!!

xRachx

p.s - -I'm loving all those from manchester!!!!!
I'm nowhere near Manchester, thank God

Shit, even the mere mention of Manc and there's a cloud popped in the sky
Old May 21st 2006, 1:20 am

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute

I'm nowhere near Manchester, thank God

Shit, even the mere mention of Manc and there's a cloud popped in the sky

Hey - -don't run it down - -I spent a very plaesant evening there once!

Robbie the W was great--but if I'm honest - -he was the only reason I went there.

Getting out was scary :scared: Ran out of fags and walked round a place called Salford - - only when we got home did we find out it was a no-go area for the bloody police and ambylancyes.

Its a real - - -dial 999 for a taxi place!!!! :scared:

xRachx
Old May 21st 2006, 1:24 am
Take it easy

Hey - -don't run it down - -I spent a very plaesant evening there once!

Robbie the W was great--but if I'm honest - -he was the only reason I went there.

Getting out was scary :scared: Ran out of fags and walked round a place called Salford - - only when we got home did we find out it was a no-go area for the bloody police and ambylancyes.

Its a real - - -dial 999 for a taxi place!!!! :scared:

xRachx
Just before leaving the UK I was about 20 miles south of Manc near Congleton in Cheshire. I've spent enough time in and around Manchester to know I'd rather be living in Melbourne....the satellite towns are even worse...Oldham, Bolton, Rochdale...... :scared:
Old May 21st 2006, 1:26 am

Just before leaving the UK I was about 20 miles south of Manc near Congleton in Cheshire. I've spent enough time in and around Manchester to know I'd rather be living in Melbourne....the satellite towns are even worse...Oldham, Bolton, Rochdale...... :scared:
Hail to the ex mancs
Old May 21st 2006, 1:30 am
Take it easy

Hail to the ex mancs

It did hail a bit, but it hails here too and that can be frightening.

ps. I'm originally a Southerner
Old May 21st 2006, 1:33 am

Bloody cockneys!!!

xRachx
Old May 21st 2006, 1:33 am

and I'm from Burningum

x
Old May 21st 2006, 1:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

The weather turns in September. Basically the average temperature goes up. It will hit 20 degrees since before say April or May. Melbourne does not enjoy the 20 degree winter days like Sydney- it averages about 3 or 4 degrees less. This is basically because Sydney gets a fair bit more winter sun. That is not to say we don't - yesterday we did get to 20 or thereabouts (we've got winter weather quite early this year) and it was very pleasant.

This does not mean that it will be warm or even hot, but there will be sunny and 'warm' days that will indicate that warm weather (equivalent to British summer are on the way). In 2004, on the last weekend in September (Grand Final day) I was sweating outside in the sun wippersnipping and enjoying the warmth.

Last year, the first week was sunny and nice, then it rained for 2 weeks. By October it was pleasant. You could say it starts to warm up in October. Basically a good British summer. By November it was hot by British standards and we were well in to Australian style temperatures, with the promise of 4-5 months to come of 'summer' temperatures.
Old May 21st 2006, 1:37 am
Take it easy

and I'm from Burningum

x
I lived in Cov for 12 years :scared:

And not a cockney....more of a yokel
Old May 21st 2006, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
The weather turns in September. Basically the average temperature goes up. It will hit 20 degrees since before say April or May. Melbourne does not enjoy the 20 degree winter days like Sydney- it averages about 3 or 4 degrees less. This is basically because Sydney gets a fair bit more winter sun. That is not to say we don't - yesterday we did get to 20 or thereabouts (we've got winter weather quite early this year) and it was very pleasant.

This does not mean that it will be warm or even hot, but there will be sunny and 'warm' days that will indicate that warm weather (equivalent to British summer are on the way). In 2004, on the last weekend in September (Grand Final day) I was sweating outside in the sun wippersnipping and enjoying the warmth.

Last year, the first week was sunny and nice, then it rained for 2 weeks. By October it was pleasant. You could say it starts to warm up in October. Basically a good British summer. By November it was hot by British standards and we were well in to Australian style temperatures, with the promise of 4-5 months to come of 'summer' temperatures.
Sound blo*dy scrummy to me!!

Can't wait!!

Love it coz you can!!

xRachx
Old May 21st 2006, 1:39 am

I lived in Cov for 12 years :scared:

And not a cockney....more of a yokel
COVENTRY - -thats even worse!!!!!!! :scared:

went there once too - -too scared to speak - -let alone leave!!!!

x
Old May 21st 2006, 1:42 am
Take it easy

COVENTRY - -thats even worse!!!!!!! :scared:

went there once too - -too scared to speak - -let alone leave!!!!

x
Agreed Cov is horrible, with a pervading feeling among the inhabitants that it won't get better.

The weather in Aus is a huge bonus, but the generally more positive attitude has been the main attraction of here for me.
Old May 21st 2006, 1:47 am

Agreed Cov is horrible, with a pervading feeling among the inhabitants that it won't get better.

The weather in Aus is a huge bonus, but the generally more positive attitude has been the main attraction of here for me.
I'M POSITIVE - -- OH YES I AM!!!!

POSITIVE,POSITIVE,POSITIVE.

xRachx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.