Reload this Page >

Melbourne v Hawkes bay NZ

Melbourne v Hawkes bay NZ

Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:40 am
Just Joined

scif is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Melbourne v Hawkes bay NZ

Hi
has anyone here lived in Napier , Hastings areas of Hawkes bay NZ and now live in Melbourne as i`m after some first hand info to a couple of Q`s plz
1. Can you tell me how does the climate compare in general ?
2. Was it a good move for you ?

tx all for any help.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

bjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nicebjddavies is just really nice
Default Re: Melbourne v Hawkes bay NZ

Not lived in either place but have lived in other parts of NZ and Oz.

You are not really comparing like with like but Hawkes Bay generally has the warmest weather in NZ in the summer months but a bit cold in winter. The climate in Hawkes Bay is often described as Mediterranean presumably because it is a wine producing region. However, the South of France it is not. Quite isolated from the rest of NZ and about 100,000 people live there.

I went to Hawkes Bay on business while I was in NZ and the people there had nothing bad to say about the place, clear skies and good weather.

I's say the climate of the two places is comparable with warm summers and colder winters but Melbourne somewhat warmer all year round. I suggest you check www.wunderground.com for the stats. HB is dry by NZ standards hence the wine industry.

If you want a quiet family life then maybe Hawkes Bay is best for you. If you are single and like the big city things that Melbourne has to offer then go for the big city.

Last edited by bjddavies; Apr 4th 2008 at 2:41 am.