Reload this Page >

melbourne suburbs

melbourne suburbs

Old Jan 16th 2004, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

railman2404 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question melbourne suburbs

hi all a quick poser
what suggestions for a nice area to the south east of melbourne for a family with two young children ages 2 & 4
i know you will all think your areas are great but lets see what results come back

many thanks we are just in the process of starting the visa application and are doing as much home work as possible in case of success

things i must consider are access to melbourne town
schooling, kindergarten etc.

any help will be greatly received
cheers
peter & faye +2
:scared:
Old Jan 16th 2004, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future
Default Re: melbourne suburbs

Originally posted by railman2404
hi all a quick poser
what suggestions for a nice area to the south east of melbourne for a family with two young children ages 2 & 4
i know you will all think your areas are great but lets see what results come back

many thanks we are just in the process of starting the visa application and are doing as much home work as possible in case of success

cheers
peter & faye +2

I,m off to melly as well with other half and two boys age 6 & 4 so I'll push this thread back to the top

come on guys where should we be looking????????

Andy
Old Jan 16th 2004, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by andy thomas
I,m off to melly as well with other half and two boys age 6 & 4 so I'll push this thread back to the top

come on guys where should we be looking????????

Andy
how far have you progressed in your application
which way are you going
Old Jan 16th 2004, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

krissy is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all a quick poser

cheers
peter & faye +2
We are off there too, hopefully!
Boys are also 2 & 4.
We have looked at, Hallam, Berwick, Boronia etc......
All around that area. I for one would definitely like to know about schools etc with regards to the kids.
We'd like to get into a nice community with other young families really.
Railman2404, let us know how you are getting on, feel free to send me a PM .

Kris
Old Jan 16th 2004, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

how far have you progressed in your application
which way are you going

applied for STNI Visa (Carpenter/Joiner) quoted 4 months processing so should have it April if not sooner. Doing meds 020204 unrequested to hopefully speed it up. everthing crossed at the mo

Andy
Old Jan 16th 2004, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

applied for STNI Visa (Carpenter/Joiner) quoted 4 months processing so should have it April if not sooner. Doing meds 020204 unrequested to hopefully speed it up. everthing crossed at the mo

Andy
Hiya Andy!

At least there will be some fellow lancastrians out there!

Kris
Old Jan 16th 2004, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by krissy
Hiya Andy!

At least there will be some fellow lancastrians out there!

Kris

Hi Krissy

Well at least 2. How long you got left to wait?

Andy
Old Jan 16th 2004, 1:59 pm
Madwoman

katyjoy is an unknown quantity at this point

depends how far out the city you want to be and how much you want to spend really.
We are looking at house/land package. Lynbrook estate caught our eye - its about 35-40km SE from the city with good access and has schools etc on site/nearby.
Obviously we will rent somewhere nearby while we get sorted and get it built.

We looked at heaps of display homes when over there last year and it really is a cheap way of doing it.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Krissy

Well at least 2. How long you got left to wait?

Andy
Stuff going into the TRA asap, (hopefully, fingers crossed, pray to anyone who'll listen!!!) after this STNI and the main app (Alan will do this at the same time he said, so one is in the pipeline while waiting for the STNI). Going with Go Matilda so feel very comforted in the knowledge that they know their stuff.
How fast is STNI?
If we do the main app. in say 8 weeks (TRA should have a decision by then?) how ong do you reckon it would take? Hopefully they should go quicker getting towards the infamous June deadlines!

Take care

Kris
Old Jan 16th 2004, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by katyjoy
depends how far out the city you want to be and how much you want to spend really.
We are looking at house/land package. Lynbrook estate caught our eye - its about 35-40km SE from the city with good access and has schools etc on site/nearby.
Obviously we will rent somewhere nearby while we get sorted and get it built.

We looked at heaps of display homes when over there last year and it really is a cheap way of doing it.
can't seem to find lynbrook on map where is it near please
also if you don't mind answering what sort of price does land/house package cost
many thanks
faye pete & 2
Old Jan 16th 2004, 2:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

hi all a quick poser

cheers
peter & faye +2
Peter and Faye

Crops up a lot - do a search on Melbourne. I've posted lots of stuff (including the median prices for all Melbourne suburbs) so do a search on all things Melbourne. Obviously it depends on your budget, whether you want to be near the beach, near public transport, how far from the CBD do you want to be, what type of schools for the kids etc, etc.

Notwithstanding if you want South East then Brighton would be my number one choice ($987,500 median), followed by in no particular order Brighton East (move away from the beach $656,000 median), Sandringham ($722,00), Beaumaris ($641,000), Black Rock ($684,000). Cheltenham ($375,000), Bentleigh ($457,000) and the like would be more affordable. This area is often referred to as the 'sand belt' and it is where all so many of those great golf courses are located.

Hope this helps. Check out realestate.com.au and domain.com.au if you want to look at properties in the different suburbs.

OzTennis
Old Jan 16th 2004, 2:15 pm
Madwoman

katyjoy is an unknown quantity at this point

here is the developers site:

http://www.vicurban.com.au/index.php...lynbrook_index

When we were there in August there was loads of loads of plots left. not sure how much is left though, probably best emailing them really.

land ranged from $98000 to $145000 for the plots that were due to be released when we were there. and ranged from 513 to 757 (m2 or squares - they have funny ways of measuring them).

A large 4 bed single story house with double garage etc ranged from $130000 to $200000 depending on all the luxuries/extras and size. Also some of them came with all carpets/fittings, whilst others didnt.

dont forget you pay less gst on a new build.

let me know if you need any more info - we got loads of brochures etc when we went over.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

jezdavies is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya. I'm from Melbourne now living in the UK. The south east of Melbourne has some of the most affluent parts but the outer south east is horrible. I wouldn't go anywhere near Hallam, Dandenong, Clayton or Springvale. Not only are they rough areas with "undesirable" people, but there's not a lot to do there. Although some parts of that area are nice.
Where to live depends entirely on your budget. Malvern, South Yarra and Toorak are all very nice but expensive. Oztennis mentioned some good places but they tend to be more to the south of the city centre. Looking further east; Ormond, Carnegie and Caulfield are quite good. Further east than that is Glen Iris, East Malvern, Chadstone and Ashwood. A bit further out is the Waverley and Mulgrave area which is decent.

Also, heading directly east from the city centre, it's kind of hard to wrong. Whereas the south east get very rough the further you go out, the outer east such as Lilydale, Belgrave, Fertree Gully, Boronia, Ringwood, Mitcham, Vermont and Ringwood are all pretty good. And the inner east from Surrey Hills, Canterbury, Camberwell and Hawthorn are all very affluent.

I think I've listed almost every suburb to the east of the city here. I hope it's of some help to you.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

jezdavies is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to add to that, if you're thinking about access to the city centre, you might want to get a map of the train system. I'm sure you could find one online. Almost every suburb is represented by a train station and the trams and buses fill the gaps. It will help you work out what parts of Melbourne make it easy to get to the city.

The website http://www.realestate.com.au is also very handy in finding property. Each property listed describes how many schools, post offices, restaurants, etc are within 2 km.

I would also suggest getting yourself a copy of a Melways. It's probably the most detailed street directory anywhere in the world and you'll be able to see how far each property you look at online is from a train station or tram/bus route. You can buy them online at http://www.ausway.com.au It also has public transport maps.
Old Jan 16th 2004, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by katyjoy
here is the developers site:

http://www.vicurban.com.au/index.php...lynbrook_index

When we were there in August there was loads of loads of plots left. not sure how much is left though, probably best emailing them really.

land ranged from $98000 to $145000 for the plots that were due to be released when we were there. and ranged from 513 to 757 (m2 or squares - they have funny ways of measuring them).

A large 4 bed single story house with double garage etc ranged from $130000 to $200000 depending on all the luxuries/extras and size. Also some of them came with all carpets/fittings, whilst others didnt.

dont forget you pay less gst on a new build.

let me know if you need any more info - we got loads of brochures etc when we went over.
thanks for that nice brochures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.