Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Rozzers - Useless?!

Melbourne Rozzers - Useless?!

Old May 24th 2011, 8:57 am
Banned

knowlton is on a distinguished road
Default Melbourne Rozzers - Useless?!

Man gets his iPad stolen - he tracks it down using its internal tracking software to an address.

Rings Melbourne's Rozzers - and what do they do? Nothing!!?

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/i...524-1f1zi.html

Has anyone else experienced this incompetence?
Old May 24th 2011, 10:48 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne Rozzers - Useless?!

Originally Posted by knowlton View Post
Man gets his iPad stolen - he tracks it down using its internal tracking software to an address.

Rings Melbourne's Rozzers - and what do they do? Nothing!!?

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/i...524-1f1zi.html

Has anyone else experienced this incompetence?
Strange that ...well its not like the cop did nothing he applied for a search warrant and failed for it to be granted.

If they did go and ask questions its not like the bloke would have thrown his hands up and gone "its a fair cop guv" you got me. What he would have done is moved all gear out of his house at the first opportunity.

Really I don't see more the cop could have done. The cop could be doing more for all we know.
Old May 25th 2011, 6:44 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm more irritated that the police used a helicopter to find a phone
Old May 27th 2011, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Branded is an unknown quantity at this point

The search warrant thing is definitely an issue. The bloke would have been luckier in South Australia where detectives, officers in charge of stations and senior officers have a general search warrant issued to them and they simply need to have sufficient cause to believe stolen property is in a location to go look for it.

On the other hand the Victorian detective could simply have been a slackarse

Bit rough though labelling all Victorian coppers as being incompetent.
Old May 28th 2011, 7:57 am
Just Joined

Brownie is an unknown quantity at this point

I got pulled over the first time I drove into the CBD in Melbourne as I messed up on a hook turn. Anyways there was a woman across the road that had I think a bag snatched and was shouting at the police pointing out the two guys which were running down the road. The coppers seemed more worried about my traffic infringement then this poor woman. One of the coppers said to the other one I will radio that one ahead as we don’t want to be late finishing are shift do we.