Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne - practical experience?

Melbourne - practical experience?

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 7:37 pm
Oz Passport Holder ;)

Julez82 is on a distinguished road
Default Melbourne - practical experience?

I've had some Aussie mates recommend Melbourne to me (I'm aware they're probably biased) but is there anyone on here who lives there?

Prices for the properties I'm looking into seem a whole lot cheaper than the Gold Coast, and there is a bigger selection of jobs (not surprising).

Are there decent schools there? Is it community minded or are the residents all for themselves?

Jules
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:45 pm
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of
Default Re: Melbourne - practical experience?

Originally Posted by Julez82
I've had some Aussie mates recommend Melbourne to me (I'm aware they're probably biased) but is there anyone on here who lives there?

Prices for the properties I'm looking into seem a whole lot cheaper than the Gold Coast, and there is a bigger selection of jobs (not surprising).

Are there decent schools there? Is it community minded or are the residents all for themselves?

Jules
Try Britvics where all the Melbournites hang out in their forum. Its good.

D
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice
Default Re: Melbourne - practical experience?

Hi,

I originally come from Rickmansworth and have been living on the Mornington Peninsula, Melbourne for over 17months.

I am living in the South Frankston/Mt.Eliza area and find it very community spirited and the schools, both public and private, have very good reputations. The city is approx 1hrs train ride or drive away. Your Aussie mates will probably warn you away from Frankston North and Karingal as it has a rough reputation.

Melbourne is good for us as we like a change of seasons and living by the sea. The city is fab and there's always something on plus where we are we can go in if we are interested but come away and enjoy the country side and beaches if that's what we fancy.

As someone has already mentioned Britvics is a great friendly site and people are very good at providing decent info.

Good luck.
Caroline

Originally Posted by Julez82

Jules