Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne & Perth info please

Melbourne & Perth info please

Old Oct 20th 2002, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Paula Foot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Melbourne & Perth info please

We are hopefully moving over to Australia in February 03, just waiting for visa's to come through.
We are moving to Melbourne first for about 10 months and then to Perth.
Any info would be great, but also is it true its hard to sell cars in different states? As we had planned to buy a car in Melbourne.
My husband is joining the Navy, we have 3 children 15,13 & 9, so any info on things for kids would be great too.
Thanks
Paula
Old Oct 20th 2002, 8:14 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne & Perth info please

Originally posted by Paula Foot:
We are hopefully moving over to Australia in February 03, just waiting for visa's to come through.
We are moving to Melbourne first for about 10 months and then to Perth.
Any info would be great, but also is it true its hard to sell cars in different states? As we had planned to buy a car in Melbourne.
My husband is joining the Navy, we have 3 children 15,13 & 9, so any info on things for kids would be great too.
Thanks
Paula

It would be harder to sell a car with Victorian plates in W.A. but what you'd also need to consider is it's a bloody long drive. You'd probably be better off selling it in Vic. and buying another in W.A.

This is entirely personal prejudice but Perth is better than Melbourne. Better weather. Melbourne sees itself as the cultural capital of Australia, and if that's your bag then you might like it better.

If you like nice weather, cheap houses, lovely beaches then Perth is for you.

In my experience most of the nutters & loonies I've come across in Australia have been Victorians.
Old Oct 21st 2002, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

ywoods is an unknown quantity at this point

lol I live in Melb and if it were not for me being a looney I would be offended

I love it here.. but only been here 5 weeks... 15.8 year old child here .. he loves it also... too much to tell but yea it is a preference thing I spose

Yvonne

Originally posted by renth:

It would be harder to sell a car with Victorian plates in W.A. but what you'd also need to consider is it's a bloody long drive. You'd probably be better off selling it in Vic. and buying another in W.A.

This is entirely personal prejudice but Perth is better than Melbourne. Better weather. Melbourne sees itself as the cultural capital of Australia, and if that's your bag then you might like it better.

If you like nice weather, cheap houses, lovely beaches then Perth is for you.

In my experience most of the nutters & loonies I've come across in Australia have been Victorians.
Old Oct 21st 2002, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebo is on a distinguished road

What sort of information are you chasing, besides the car situation. Agreed it would be better to sell your car in Vic b4 moving to Perth. It will be basically impossible to offload a car in WA with Vic plates