Wikiposts

Melbourne peeps

Old Jul 26th 2006, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

Tom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to all
Default Melbourne peeps

Until now we've been quietly observing on the sidelines of this (brilliant!) forum so I thought it only right that I should write a quick piece about us.

I'm 30 and girlfriend is 28. We've been to Oz before on a working holiday about 4 years ago and loved it. Now we are heading to Melbourne with 457 visas. I've got a job with my current employer which should commence around 12th Sept and OH will be looking for a job when we get there. We are thinking about PR and citizenship in the future.

We just sold our first little house (in 3 days!) which is great, and sad at the same time. We'll rent when we get there. We're looking around Prahran and Elwood.

It would be nice to know that there are others over there that do a bit of and would be up for hooking up some time...

Tom
Old Jul 26th 2006, 9:05 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Melbourne peeps

From what i've read on the meets bit, i'm up for a melbourne curry night http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...php?t=382083:D

Last edited by Margaret2; Jul 26th 2006 at 9:08 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

As well as the Curry nights the ladies get together once a month for a chat and 1 or 2 alcoholic beverages and in Spetember a family bowling meet is being arranged at Crown. The blokes are starting a booze up night as well I believe but I don't really know any details
Old Jul 26th 2006, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

we are a very sociable bunch...basically there is a curry night get together once a month, which is a good way to meet people.

And Melbourne is a great place to live.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 9:29 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with what everyone else has said - we are a bunch of p!ss-heads who enjoy getting together every so often. And the bowling day is not just for families and will be the perfect place for you to get to meet a few of us and enjoy several bevvies as well. Elwood is absolutely fab and there are a few on here who are around Prahran and a few in Elsternwick as well.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

Tom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to allTom and Maria is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pomster
we are a very sociable bunch...basically there is a curry night get together once a month, which is a good way to meet people.

And Melbourne is a great place to live.
Cool, we're sociable and we like curries. Especially the Thai varieties. I heard yesterday that Melbourne has more restaurants than London

Can't wait to get there (despite all the doom and gloom stories we've read). We're not expecting too much out of it all. We just want to explore Melbourne and see if Australia is a place we might want to live. Nothing in life is permanent and security is a myth so we just do what we can as well as we can.

There's also the holidays in NZ, Fiji, Taz......

Loads of family and friends reckon they're coming to visit us. I wonder if they really will.... hmmmmm.

Anyway, I'm fixing up Skype and Messenger so we can have video calls with our peeps back home. BTW, has anyone else tried this?
Old Jul 26th 2006, 9:49 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom and Maria
Until now we've been quietly observing on the sidelines of this (brilliant!) forum so I thought it only right that I should write a quick piece about us.

I'm 30 and girlfriend is 28. We've been to Oz before on a working holiday about 4 years ago and loved it. Now we are heading to Melbourne with 457 visas. I've got a job with my current employer which should commence around 12th Sept and OH will be looking for a job when we get there. We are thinking about PR and citizenship in the future.

We just sold our first little house (in 3 days!) which is great, and sad at the same time. We'll rent when we get there. We're looking around Prahran and Elwood.

It would be nice to know that there are others over there that do a bit of and would be up for hooking up some time...

Tom
Hey Tom

We are close to you either Elwood or Prahan. Cas and Shakamaty will be along soon to welcome you

Kiwi
Old Jul 26th 2006, 9:54 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tom and Maria

Tom
Hello

Carl (shakmaty) and I live in Elsternwick...so just down the road from Elwood and Prahran.
I went down the 457 to PR route myself..........now been here 18 month and got PR a year ago.

Welcome to the forum (for real!) and get in touch if you want anything...info, picking up from the airport, coffee, beer

Cas
Old Jul 26th 2006, 9:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by thebears
Hey Tom

We are close to you either Elwood or Prahan. Cas and Shakamaty will be along soon to welcome you

Kiwi
Ha!! how did you know ?
Old Jul 26th 2006, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
Ha!! how did you know ?
Who is stalking who here?
Old Jul 26th 2006, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Who is stalking who here?
:scared: