Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne next Terror target

Melbourne next Terror target

Old Sep 11th 2005, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light
Default Melbourne next Terror target

Not sure if this has already been posted

http://www.theage.com.au/news/war-on...377213164.html

I am surprised that it's Melbourne, felt sure it would be Sydney or Canberra.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 11:05 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Melbourne next Terror target

True, that does come as a surprise. Perhaps they've decided that alfresco cafes are haram.

Still, they did mention LA as well, so we might have a bit of breathing space while they kick the Yanks again.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne next Terror target

Maybe the terrorists are offended by the fed Square building????...not overly attractive (from my point of view!).
Old Sep 11th 2005, 11:19 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games is my bet.

Tickets anyone?
Old Sep 11th 2005, 11:27 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Melbourne next Terror target

Perhaps they're planning to hit Jeff's Shed...

...unaware of the widespread popularity that this would immediately win them.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 11:27 pm
Fighting my corner

Wink Re: Melbourne next Terror target

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games is my bet.

Tickets anyone?
Ooooh, now there's a thought.

See you there!
Old Sep 11th 2005, 11:39 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Ooooh, now there's a thought.

See you there!
Not on your life mate - got better things to do than get blown up .
Old Sep 11th 2005, 11:42 pm
Fighting my corner

Not on your life mate - got better things to do than get blown up .
Ah, come on - where's your sense of adventure?
Old Sep 11th 2005, 11:48 pm
Rocket Scientist

Ah, come on - where's your sense of adventure?
I sent it off for a service but havent got it back yet - bloody Australia Post, cant trust 'em to do anything right .
Old Sep 11th 2005, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

I would have also suggested the monstrosity which is Southern Cross Station (currently Spencer Street), but if the popularity of the recent open day was anything to go by, the terrorists would not even know it exists!!
Old Sep 11th 2005, 11:58 pm
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: Melbourne next Terror target

I sent it off for a service but havent got it back yet - bloody Australia Post, cant trust 'em to do anything right .
LOL, how dare you - I used to work for Aussie Post!

Erm... so yeah, I see your point...
Old Sep 12th 2005, 12:01 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pomster
I would have also suggested the monstrosity which is Southern Cross Station (currently Spencer Street), but if the popularity of the recent open day was anything to go by, the terrorists would not even know it exists!!

There was an official opening???

Gee, must have blinked and missed that one....

MrsD.....I am working as a volunteer at the Comm Games.....Think I should be composing my resignation letter?? :scared:
Old Sep 12th 2005, 12:11 am
Rocket Scientist

Ohhhhh did you? Ooops would never have known .

Hels, you're not even getting paid?? I'd be asking for double time + danger money chick .
Old Sep 12th 2005, 12:14 am
Rocket Scientist

Erm... so yeah, I see your point...
BTW, my boy was just standing next to me when I was reading your post readinbg over my shoulder & piped up with "Ohh look that old man with the glasses (pointing at your avatar) is online".

Sorry LOL.
Old Sep 12th 2005, 12:17 am
Fighting my corner

BTW, my boy was just standing next to me when I was reading your post readinbg over my shoulder & piped up with "Ohh look that old man with the glasses (pointing at your avatar) is online".

Sorry LOL.
LOL! In that case I'd better go to bed; it's probably 'way past my bedtime...!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.