Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne meetup ?when ?where

Melbourne meetup ?when ?where

Old Jun 1st 2008, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

whitesatin is just really nicewhitesatin is just really nicewhitesatin is just really nicewhitesatin is just really nicewhitesatin is just really nicewhitesatin is just really nicewhitesatin is just really nicewhitesatin is just really nice
Default Melbourne meetup ?when ?where

Hi all,

We only have 6 days before we leave the UK for Oz, we were just wondering if there is a meet up being organised for this month in Melbourne. We will be in Melbourne from the 11th June - 17th June and would love to meet some expats.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Richard & Tanya
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:21 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Melbourne meetup ?when ?where

Originally Posted by whitesatin
Hi all,

We only have 6 days before we leave the UK for Oz, we were just wondering if there is a meet up being organised for this month in Melbourne. We will be in Melbourne from the 11th June - 17th June and would love to meet some expats.

Richard & Tanya
Think there is a meet up on this forum

http://s7.zetaboards.com/BritVics/topic/101086/1/#new
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

Richard & Tanya
Dont panic

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=540608

Said id do it on that date for you

Mines a whiskey and dry!

Have a bloody good flight and hope you settle well

where are you staying when you get here
al
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

whitesatin is just really nicewhitesatin is just really nicewhitesatin is just really nicewhitesatin is just really nicewhitesatin is just really nicewhitesatin is just really nicewhitesatin is just really nicewhitesatin is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mr Anderson
Dont panic

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=540608

Said id do it on that date for you

Mines a whiskey and dry!

Have a bloody good flight and hope you settle well

where are you staying when you get here
al
Hi ya,

We are staying at the Jika International, they had some really good deals on when I was looking.

We are really excited but nervous about the flight from the UK to Perth, as neither of us have ever travelled that long before!! So much rides on this visit as whether or not we come back permenantly or not. My husband is anxious that he won't be able to find a job that he can do as he has no paper qualifications but I told him to chill he can do anything he wants!!

My husband lkes JD and coke!! So sure we will get you a couple to say thanks for your help ;o) Not long now, packed last Friday, just wish it was tomorrow we were leaving and that I didn't have to do another 3 night duties!!

Tanya
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Hi ya,

We are staying at the Jika International, they had some really good deals on when I was looking.

We are really excited but nervous about the flight from the UK to Perth, as neither of us have ever travelled that long before!! So much rides on this visit as whether or not we come back permenantly or not. My husband is anxious that he won't be able to find a job that he can do as he has no paper qualifications but I told him to chill he can do anything he wants!!

My husband lkes JD and coke!! So sure we will get you a couple to say thanks for your help ;o) Not long now, packed last Friday, just wish it was tomorrow we were leaving and that I didn't have to do another 3 night duties!!

Tanya
perth?

thought you werre coming to melbourne?

What line of work is he in?

al
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

We are going to Perth first for 3 days, then Melbourne for 6 nights and then back to Perth, as my husband has family there but we want to settle in Melbourne.

My husband is a service garage manager here but he is also a mechanic/welder/MOT tester but back in the 80's you learnt on the job and as he has been management for the last 15 years, then no company would put him through his City in Guilds or NVQ's, as it wasn't a requirement for his job ;o)

Tanya
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are going to Perth first for 3 days, then Melbourne for 6 nights and then back to Perth, as my husband has family there but we want to settle in Melbourne.

My husband is a service garage manager here but he is also a mechanic/welder/MOT tester but back in the 80's you learnt on the job and as he has been management for the last 15 years, then no company would put him through his City in Guilds or NVQ's, as it wasn't a requirement for his job ;o)

Tanya
ahh i remember now, and you are a nurse?

most of the garages here are the same as the uk, theres nolthing different at all apart from a few of the older cars

holdens are basically just vauxhalls with different badges on and they are a plenty on the roads but little jap cars oand european vws and pugs are coming on here too

what street is your hotel in?

al
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Hi ya,

Tanya
Is that the Jika international in fairfield? If so, that's not far from us (me and my boyfriend) - we're just up the road in Ivanhoe.
It's on a very busy main road and not an awful lot to do in the direct vicinity, but you're near the Fairfield and Alphington train stations which are direct into the city - takes 15 - 20 minutes.
Also, if you get a nice day, pop down to the Fairfield Boathouse on the river - a lovely setting for a breakfast/lunch, and/or a few beers. It's not far from there - just ask at your hotel - they'll know where it is
If you fancy meeting up at all during the week (in the evenings, as I'll be working) send me a PM and we'll try and sort something out. I'll hopefully be at the expats meet in the city too.
Have a great time
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DianneH68
Is that the Jika international in fairfield? If so, that's not far from us (me and my boyfriend) - we're just up the road in Ivanhoe.
It's on a very busy main road and not an awful lot to do in the direct vicinity, but you're near the Fairfield and Alphington train stations which are direct into the city - takes 15 - 20 minutes.
Also, if you get a nice day, pop down to the Fairfield Boathouse on the river - a lovely setting for a breakfast/lunch, and/or a few beers. It's not far from there - just ask at your hotel - they'll know where it is
If you fancy meeting up at all during the week (in the evenings, as I'll be working) send me a PM and we'll try and sort something out. I'll hopefully be at the expats meet in the city too.
Have a great time
Very unlikely youll make it!

LOl

al
Old Jun 4th 2008, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

ahh i remember now, and you are a nurse?

most of the garages here are the same as the uk, theres nolthing different at all apart from a few of the older cars

holdens are basically just vauxhalls with different badges on and they are a plenty on the roads but little jap cars oand european vws and pugs are coming on here too

what street is your hotel in?

al
The Jika hotel is on Heidelberg road, Alphington ;O)

My husband is hoping to bring his MR2 turbo with him, I am hoping he will sell it!! LOL He had to settle for this after I made him sell his motorbike!! He has never forgiven me yet. I suspect it will take him years!!

Tanya
Old Jun 4th 2008, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DianneH68
Have a great time
Hi there,

It would be lovely to meet up, I will send you a PM when I am more with it!! Right now I am on night duties and have had no proper sleep for 2 days!!

Tanya
Old Jun 4th 2008, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi there,

It would be lovely to meet up, I will send you a PM when I am more with it!! Right now I am on night duties and have had no proper sleep for 2 days!!

Tanya
stayt up, it will be better training for the jetlag!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

stayt up, it will be better training for the jetlag!
Hi Al,

I would do but not too safe for my patients me thinks!! LOL Had a couple of terrible nights, really busy with poorly people and no support, nothing new there!!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!! I am soooo excited, suitcase has been packed for a week now!! LOL