Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

melbourne here i come...

melbourne here i come...

Old May 20th 2004, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

dawn a is an unknown quantity at this point

Evening all,
just been watching No Going Back, can't watch it any longer it looks like a disaster... so depressing. Hubby can tell me later what happens.

Bordy - I hope the fish and chips are cheap there, its so expensive over here. True to form its pouring down now! Speciality house salads are now off the menu. Also Bordy, do you know if they have Pataks products in Oz?

helinuk - We are looking to rent in either Ringwood / Croydon / Boxhill. And hope to buy a place in Lilydale eventually. No we don't have jobs lined up, will start looking after we have settled in somewhere. I can't wait to start looking at houses. Are you heading in that direction?

Good luck Helen with your trip from the US. Remember to post to let us know how it goes.

dawnxx
Old May 20th 2004, 9:10 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by dawn a
Evening all,
just been watching No Going Back, can't watch it any longer it looks like a disaster... so depressing. Hubby can tell me later what happens.

Bordy - I hope the fish and chips are cheap there, its so expensive over here. True to form its pouring down now! Speciality house salads are now off the menu. Also Bordy, do you know if they have Pataks products in Oz?

helinuk - We are looking to rent in either Ringwood / Croydon / Boxhill. And hope to buy a place in Lilydale eventually. No we don't have jobs lined up, will start looking after we have settled in somewhere. I can't wait to start looking at houses. Are you heading in that direction?

Good luck Helen with your trip from the US. Remember to post to let us know how it goes.

As far as I remember Helen theres plenty of Pataks products in the supermarkets.
By the way don't make the mistake I did on my first night in Aus, I asked for 4 bags of chips for wife myself & 2 daughters, the guy said are you sure??? I said YES, 4 bags please. Little did I know there is about 3Lbs of potatoes in each bag. So its minimum chips you ask for & that would feed 4 of you.
dawnxx
Old May 20th 2004, 9:11 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

And the Helen should be DAWN. Geez I need my bed.
Old May 20th 2004, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Evening all,

dawnxx
Dawn it all ended happily on the programme

AHH Box Hill I visited a friend in Box Hill, great for the trains and trams ...and I seem to remeber the end of the line is Lilydale
Well I'd love to say I'm heading to Melb. I've bored enough people with my dream of doing just that!! unfortunately my hubby has decided we should stop the application process, he wants to stay in uk So I'm having to be content with the memories of the recce trip I made in November! Perhaps he'll change his mind in a few yrs and go for the retirement visa - I live in hope
Have a great trip there. Good luck
Old May 20th 2004, 11:42 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and safe journey
Old May 21st 2004, 2:31 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

do you know if they have Pataks products in Oz?
Yep they do Pataks over here. They've just started a big advertising campaign here

Glad to be of service on the things that really matter .