Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

melbourne a good choice ?????????

melbourne a good choice ?????????

Old Mar 14th 2007, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

tonycannell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default melbourne a good choice ?????????

to all looking at emigrating to melbourne a good choice or not . as a class 1 hgv driver hope so
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: melbourne a good choice ?????????

Originally Posted by tonycannell
to all looking at emigrating to melbourne a good choice or not . as a class 1 hgv driver hope so
Great choice in my opinion its a beautiful city and Victoria is not named the garden state for nothing its green rolling hills are beautiful. The weather is great as well, yes its not as hot as other places in Oz but remember you have to work, you are not on holiday so having a varied climate can be an advantage.

Basically no one can choose for you but melbourne is for my family we love it.

Cheryl
Old Mar 14th 2007, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

I would say that you couldnt fail to be impresed with any of the major cities in oz. Each state and city have there very own charms! Perth being my favourite.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 2:50 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tonycannell
Depends on what you are wanting from Aussie life. Each city is different and generally stereotyped. Perth for example is more laid back country sorta feel, melbourne more cultural, sydney quite urban. All you can do is try. I am living in Perth and working in Melbourne. Melbourne is busy, lively and energetic, whereas I go back to Perth to relax as its much quieter.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 4:35 am
Just Joined

glazfolk is a jewel in the roughglazfolk is a jewel in the roughglazfolk is a jewel in the roughglazfolk is a jewel in the rough

If I had to live in a mainland capital city, Melbourne would be my first choice. It would also be my second. Oh, and probably my thitd as well.

By the way, did I forget to mention that Melbourne's a great place?
Old Mar 16th 2007, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

pippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud of

We picked Melbourne because we already had friends based here and because, when we researched into it, Melbourne seemed to be the most suited to us. The weather is much better than Scotland obviously, but I don't think the heat is as humid as some of the other areas. I think a very humid spot woul be too draining.

It's very brown in Mel just now, although it rained today for a bit.

We're down on the Mornington Peninsula and only really have experiences of that area, which are all positive (except maybe the flies).

David
Old Mar 16th 2007, 3:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pippin lara
We picked Melbourne because we already had friends based here and because, when we researched into it, Melbourne seemed to be the most suited to us. The weather is much better than Scotland obviously, but I don't think the heat is as humid as some of the other areas. I think a very humid spot woul be too draining.

It's very brown in Mel just now, although it rained today for a bit.

We're down on the Mornington Peninsula and only really have experiences of that area, which are all positive (except maybe the flies).

David
David,

I cannot tell you how much my hubby hates flies (and they love him). He has stated that he cannot live in Oz if the flies are too much. How bad are they on Mornington Pen as that is where we hope to live. I must say that I thought they would not be as bad by the sea,

Cheryl
Old Mar 16th 2007, 8:18 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait to get to Melbourne.
I've even started watching Neighbours so I can get a glimpse of it
Old Mar 16th 2007, 8:37 pm
jmc
Midlands to Mornington

jmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to alljmc is a name known to all

Hi
We are moving out to mornington as soon as we manage to sell property,we visited last year and loved it.

Louise x
Old Mar 16th 2007, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevensfamily
David,

I cannot tell you how much my hubby hates flies (and they love him). He has stated that he cannot live in Oz if the flies are too much. How bad are they on Mornington Pen as that is where we hope to live. I must say that I thought they would not be as bad by the sea,

Cheryl
Lived there for 3 months in winter, cool, damp and grey a lot of the time and never noticed a single fly. Went back in december whoaa! yes victoria melb definately gets flies, the sort that get into your ears eyes nose etc.

Dont expect too much green, they have had a hot dry summer and its brown as brown, its often brown in summer but as you fly in now its incredibly brown for as far as you can see.

Its a nice city, bit of variety, very multi racial, huge variety of housing, main problem we have with it now is if you want to live anywhere inner city (not outer burbs with the dreaded commute) is the price! of property, inner city seems to have caught up with sydney prices
Old Mar 16th 2007, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really niceNeil S is just really nice

Don't think the flies have been as bad this year as previous years. Could be due to the extremely dry weather. Besides good swatters are only 59 cents from Safeway.