Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne F1 2011

Wikiposts

Melbourne F1 2011

Old Feb 7th 2011, 6:38 pm
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light
Default Melbourne F1 2011

Hi can anyone help me
Im a volunteer Fire and Rescue marshall at this years Melbourne F1 2011 and i am finding it hard to find a place to stay that is priced fairly (for one person).
I will be travelling down by myself and would be very great full if any one could point me or help me find accommodation for myself over the event.
I dont mind B&B as that would be fine with me, i did look at back packers but im 44 and i would be the oldest their.
If you know any one that could help me,if i rented a room from someone that would be great.
I would need to be in the area of albert park within 20mins travel etc
I would be arriving by flight on the 23march and leave early 28march to catch flight back to Brisbane/gold coast
Pm if you can help
Thanks

Last edited by Trevski; Feb 7th 2011 at 7:23 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne F1 2011

Originally Posted by Trevski
Hi can anyone help me
Im a volunteer Fire and Rescue marshall at this years Melbourne F1 2011 and i am finding it hard to find a place to stay that is priced fairly (for one person).
I will be travelling down by myself and would be very great full if any one could point me or help me find accommodation for myself over the event.
I dont mind B&B as that would be fine with me, i did look at back packers but im 44 and i would be the oldest their.
If you know any one that could help me,if i rented a room from someone that would be great.
I would be arriving by flight on the 23feb and leave early 28feb to catch flight back to Brisbane/gold coast
Pm if you can help
Thanks
Can't help with acomm but good luck mate! You'll enjoy it, brilliant experience!!!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:18 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Hi can anyone help me
I would be arriving by flight on the 23feb and leave early 28feb to catch flight back to Brisbane/gold coast
Pm if you can help
Thanks
Hi Trev, can't help with something for this year, but I normally go down by myself or bunk with a few of the blokes from Qld Fire & Rescue Club www.qfrc.org.au (which I'm part of)
Maybe your best bet at this stage is to try for a cabin in one of the outer suburbs and drive in, but I did some sums and it was going to cost me the best part of $1000 whichever way I went. Not going now this year, but will most likely go to the Telstra 500 in Sydney later in the year (and look up my cousin).
On another note, if you're interested, come along and have a look at our club and I'm sure that we can organise something for the future.
BTW, it's in March, so you just might need to edit.

Carl
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:24 pm
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Hi Trev, can't help with something for this year, but I normally go down by myself or bunk with a few of the blokes from Qld Fire & Rescue Club www.qfrc.org.au (which I'm part of)
Maybe your best bet at this stage is to try for a cabin in one of the outer suburbs and drive in, but I did some sums and it was going to cost me the best part of $1000 whichever way I went. Not going now this year, but will most likely go to the Telstra 500 in Sydney later in the year (and look up my cousin).
On another note, if you're interested, come along and have a look at our club and I'm sure that we can organise something for the future.
BTW, it's in March, so you just might need to edit.

Carl
Hi and thank you for pointing out my month error.
i will have a look at the site, i do miss my ten years as a crew commander in the UK fire service
thxs
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:31 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't discount backpackers.

This place is near me:

http://www.csbackpackers.com.au/

Quoting $85 per night for a twin ensuite room inc. breakfast - charge is per room so you wouldn't have to share - for those dates.

It's very close to the tram which will take you somewhere near Albert Park...and right across the road from the train station for getting to and from the airport (via the airport bus).
Old Feb 9th 2011, 9:20 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and thank you for pointing out my month error.
i will have a look at the site, i do miss my ten years as a crew commander in the UK fire service
thxs
No worries, all welcome. Have been in the club over 5 years now, great bunch of girls and guys, and always looking for new blood. Good social atmosphere and professionalism.