Melbourne DVD

Old Jan 7th 2005, 9:37 pm
making your move easier

melbournehelp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Melbourne DVD

If you were to buy a DVD about Melbourne, what would you want to see on the DVD ?
Old Jan 7th 2005, 9:38 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne DVD

Originally Posted by melbournehelp
If you were to buy a DVD about Melbourne, what would you want to see on the DVD ?
Melbourne

D D
Old Jan 7th 2005, 9:59 pm
making your move easier

very droll....all of Melbourne ?
Old Jan 7th 2005, 10:21 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melbournehelp
very droll....all of Melbourne ?
Sorry MH, couldn't resist!

Personally would like to see the burbs of geelong, mornington pen, yara ranges. What type of houses I could buy with my money in the different areas, amenities, things to do and see - is that a starter for ten?

D D

PS did buy the DVD that was touted on here not so long ago and it was utter c**p. Consisted of some blokes drive from melbourne to about as far as patterson lakes with the steering wheel in prominent view most of the time!! Not much dialog so you had no idea where he was for the most part - would've been a good idea if he'd have informed the punter on how many kms he was away from melbourne and how long the driving time was so we could get an idea if a certain area was commutable or not.

Are you thinking of doing one yourself?
Old Jan 7th 2005, 11:17 pm
making your move easier

Thanks for the info, yes I did see the DVD ,one of my clients gave it to me .
I hope people didn't buy it !
I am thinking of putting one together, so yours and anyone else'd thoughts would be most appreciated.

Steve
Old Jan 7th 2005, 11:29 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Steve dont know about melbourne but hope this helps...

When you start looking at Aus & havent been you will watch anything consumately.... Then you start to focus in on differnt things, so instead of watching 'get a new life' to see how the families are settling I find myself looking at the houses,, the cleanliness of the streets, what style clothes, are the blokes wearing suits to work , etc.

I reckon if you were to do a DVD you could cram HOURS of film and it would be worth just like for example 5 minutes at the main places / tourist attractions / places where people congregate or shop....

Whats it like in an aussie supermarket - mundane stuff

Then of course if you could do 5 minutes / 10 minutes on each major suburb/area to give a flavour that'd be great for people looking around.

If you could cover things that are mundane and generic like supermarkets, local shops, you might broaden your market - even if it were just videos of melbourne Id still buy it and Im going to Brisbane!. (Fool + Money).. you get suspicious of the tourist board/etc videos because they're all edited + flash "the beautiful people" I want to know what the streets look like, are the cars really all old bangers. etc. ( Im generalising)
Old Jan 8th 2005, 11:12 pm
making your move easier

Thanks, SP

It's interesting to know what people want .I've been here since 1996 and wouldn't have a clue as to what people need and want in information .
Any further comments would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Steve
Old Jan 9th 2005, 9:51 pm
making your move easier

Anyone else ?