Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne CBD Friday evening after work drinks 13th June 2008

Melbourne CBD Friday evening after work drinks 13th June 2008

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold
Default Melbourne CBD Friday evening after work drinks 13th June 2008

Hi

If anyone else is up for another one here goes. The more the merrier and there are no clicky groups in this club. Singles/ couples or mates very welcome, new or old.

venue: Charles Dickens Pub

time: 8pm Onwards
(Note, this is a new time as ive started my shop)if anyone wants to get there early its fine by me, you just have to sort each other outDate : Friday 13th JUNE

Walk in and ask for ZOK the barman and ask where the english are. He will direct you if you cant find us

The bar is on collins street. It is almost on the corner of elizabeth and collins street. It is between swanston and elizabeth street on the same side as a big arcade called "Australia on Collins" which also has a novotel.

If you get lost, get on to collins/elizabeth street junction and ask where the charles dickens pub is, itll be about 20 yards from you. If very stuck ask a cabbie outside the novotel as there is a taxi rank there, but most people who work round there know the charles dickens pub. The novotel is about 4 doors down from the arcade with the pub(bourke arcade)

Its just inside a little arcade and generally has an A Board on the street bearing the pubs name.

I have a grade zero haircut (which is uncommon in the city) and a big scar on the back of my head, designer stubble and a few teeth missing( i dont sound too pleasant from this description but looks arent everything!)

Ill watch out for people looking left and right when they come in as much as i can. Its only a small bar so dont be scared of not being seen.

If you are stuck ask ZOK the barman where the english lot are, he knows us now.

Welcome one welcome all. Last time there was quite a few people, close to 40 in the end.

Anyone on their own and a bit shy, give me a PM and ill pm you my mobile for the night so you can call me and i can tell you were we are.

Al
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

whitesatin is just really nicewhitesatin is just really nicewhitesatin is just really nicewhitesatin is just really nicewhitesatin is just really nicewhitesatin is just really nicewhitesatin is just really nicewhitesatin is just really nice
Default Re: Melbourne CBD Friday evening after work drinks 13th June 2008

We will be there with bells on!! Not really LOL.

Looking forward to meeting everyone who has already made the move down under and how you are all finding it!!

Richard & Tanya
(visiting from the UK)
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by whitesatin
We will be there with bells on!! Not really LOL.

Looking forward to meeting everyone who has already made the move down under and how you are all finding it!!

Richard & Tanya
(visiting from the UK)
loving it
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 12:09 am
disability worker

shazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond repute

I will be there

Richard and tanya you will love it and you will be made welcome on the 13th they are a good bunch
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

steve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the rough

Pick the day I move into my new house dont you! lol
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by steve_uk
Pick the day I move into my new house dont you! lol
You will have moved in by 8pm and in need of a drink

Rome wasnt built in a day

lol

al
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

steve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mr Anderson
You will have moved in by 8pm and in need of a drink

Rome wasnt built in a day

lol

al
Will def need a drink by then but good luck getting the OH to drive me to CBD lol
Old Jun 4th 2008, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

neil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud of

me and the mrs will be there mate. hopefully have a beer later this week if all goes according to plan, if you can make it?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by neil_hick
me and the mrs will be there mate. hopefully have a beer later this week if all goes according to plan, if you can make it?
beer defo

List so far

Mr Anderson (alan)
Shazmac (sharon)
Whitesatin (rich and tanya)
Margaret3
Neil Hick
Ali rose

Probables/maybes:
Ukecadet (danny)
Steve_uk
Djamesburgess (dave)
Old Jun 5th 2008, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

Ada07 has a brilliant futureAda07 has a brilliant futureAda07 has a brilliant futureAda07 has a brilliant futureAda07 has a brilliant futureAda07 has a brilliant future

Count me in!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

List so far

Mr Anderson (alan)
Shazmac (sharon)
Margaret3
Neil Hick
Ali rose
Ada07

Probables/maybes:
Ukecadet (danny)
Steve_uk
Djamesburgess (dave)
Old Jun 5th 2008, 8:07 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I cant make this one, its a first for me
Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Margaret3
I cant make this one, its a first for me
WHAT!!!!

No probs mags, hopefully see you on saturday

al
Old Jun 5th 2008, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

List so far

Mr Anderson (alan)
Shazmac (sharon)
Neil_Hick
Ali rose
Ada07

Probables/maybes:
Ukecadet (danny)
Steve_uk
Djamesburgess (dave)
Old Jun 5th 2008, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mr Anderson
List so far

Mr Anderson (alan)
Shazmac (sharon)
Neil_Hick
Ali rose
Ada07

Probables/maybes:
Ukecadet (danny)
Steve_uk
Djamesburgess (dave)
Wow - I've made it onto the maybes list! I mentioned it to OH today and she laughed so if there is any energy left after house move then will try and make it. If not will have to be the next one ;-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.