British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Melbourne CBD Friday Drinkers Club Part 2, Friday 7th MARCH (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/melbourne-cbd-friday-drinkers-club-part-2-friday-7th-march-516282/)

Mr Anderson Feb 22nd 2008 6:35 am

Melbourne CBD Friday Drinkers Club Part 2, Friday 7th MARCH

3 Attachment(s)
Hi

The monthly MDC has come around quickly! 16 people attended the first and all had a great time. I dont think anyone left unappy or not looked after by Zok, the best barman in the world.

If anyone else is up for another one here goes. The more the merrier and there are no clicky groups in this club. Singles/ couples or mates very welcome, new or old.

venue: Charles Dickens Pub

time: 6pm Onwards

Date : Friday 7th March.

Ill stand as near to the end of the bar as i can where the staff go in and out of which is the right hand side as you walk in through the doors.Like the guy in the photo as this is the actual bar,

The bar is on collins street. It is almost on the corner of elizabeth and collins street. It is between swanston and elizsabeth street on the same side as a big arcade called "Australia on Collins" which also has a novotel.

If you get lost, get on to collins/elizabeth street junction and ask where the charles dickens pub is, itll be about 20 yards from you. If very stuck ask a cabbie outside the novotel as there is a taxi rank there, but most people who work round there know the charles dickens pub. The novotel is about 4 doors down from the arcade with the pub(bourke arcade)

Its just inside a little arcade and generally has an A Board on the street bearing the pubs name. Photos show where ill be stood in the bar and what the front of the bar looks like on the street.

I have a grade zero haircut (which is uncommon in the city) and a big scar on my head.

And i dont look like a city worker. Ill watch out for people looking left and right when they come in. Its only a small bar so dont be scared of not being seen.

Im happy to shout EXPATS??? at total strangers to see if you are part of the group .

Welcome one welcome all.

Al

Margaret3 Feb 22nd 2008 12:07 pm

Re: Melbourne CBD Friday Drinkers Club Part 2, Friday 7th MARCH

oh me, me, me, can i come again:lol:,

i promise to behave and not harass the rest of the pub at the end of the night:o

DianneH68 Feb 23rd 2008 1:05 am

Excellent. Reckon I should be able to make it this time :beer:

Mr Anderson Feb 23rd 2008 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Margaret3 (Post 5968629)
oh me, me, me, can i come again:lol:,

i promise to behave and not harass the rest of the pub at the end of the night:o

And im not your teacher........ :rofl:

Margaret3 Feb 25th 2008 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Mr Anderson (Post 5972267)
And im not your teacher........ :rofl:

hubby says hes coming to make sure i behave:( his friend is also tagging along, he's scottish too, been in aus about six months after spending the last six years in mexico

Mr Anderson Feb 25th 2008 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Margaret3 (Post 5979806)
hubby says hes coming to make sure i behave:( his friend is also tagging along, he's scottish too, been in aus about six months after spending the last six years in mexico

Aye course all the jocks are crawling out of the woodwork as they think zok maybe giving free drinks away LOL.

:D:D

So far

Alan (mr anderson)
Margaret 3 plus 2
DianneH68
Matt n Emma

Margaret3 Feb 25th 2008 10:20 am

Originally Posted by Mr Anderson (Post 5980204)
Aye course all the jocks are crawling out of the woodwork as they think zok maybe giving free drinks away LOL.

:D:D

So far

Alan (mr anderson)
Margaret 3 plus 2
DianneH68
Matt n Emma

at the mention of free wine, my friend jane has just phoned to say shes coming too:lol: (she's english btw!!, you see am not fussy, i'll talk to anyone!!)

onepearlyb Feb 25th 2008 8:15 pm

Did someone mention free grog?

Count me and the hubster in provisionally. We'll be moving house on that day AND it's his birthday so we may or may not pop in for a few that night.

*pearly* and David.

Margaret3 Feb 25th 2008 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by onepearlyb (Post 5982396)
Did someone mention free grog?

Count me and the hubster in provisionally. We'll be moving house on that day AND it's his birthday so we may or may not pop in for a few that night.

*pearly* and David.

oh look another couple of jocks looking for free booze, try to pop in, ave got a feeling your oh and alan will hit if off:D, which means we can sit in the corner and guzzle wine and plan our escape back to scotland, lol

busterboy Feb 27th 2008 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Margaret3 (Post 5982679)
oh look another couple of jocks looking for free booze, try to pop in, ave got a feeling your oh and alan will hit if off:D, which means we can sit in the corner and guzzle wine and plan our escape back to scotland, lol

I wish you two weren't going back! I might pop in for one or two myself.

onepearlyb Feb 27th 2008 2:57 am

Originally Posted by busterboy (Post 5987897)
I wish you two weren't going back! I might pop in for one or two myself.

Doooo Itttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

xxx

busterboy Feb 27th 2008 3:00 am

Originally Posted by onepearlyb (Post 5988078)
Doooo Itttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

xxx

You are on! I will!

onepearlyb Feb 27th 2008 5:35 am

Originally Posted by busterboy (Post 5988085)
You are on! I will!

Excellent - another easily sh*t faced scottish participant!

:D

Mr Anderson Feb 27th 2008 5:46 am

Alan and maybe clare(mr anderson)
Margaret 3 plus 3
DianneH68
Matt n Emma[/QUOTE]
onepearlyb plus 1
busterboy
d burgess will drop in

Margaret3 Feb 27th 2008 7:08 am