Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne CBD Friday Drinkers Club Part 2, Friday 7th MARCH

Melbourne CBD Friday Drinkers Club Part 2, Friday 7th MARCH

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold
Default Melbourne CBD Friday Drinkers Club Part 2, Friday 7th MARCH

Hi

The monthly MDC has come around quickly! 16 people attended the first and all had a great time. I dont think anyone left unappy or not looked after by Zok, the best barman in the world.

If anyone else is up for another one here goes. The more the merrier and there are no clicky groups in this club. Singles/ couples or mates very welcome, new or old.

venue: Charles Dickens Pub

time: 6pm Onwards

Date : Friday 7th March.

Ill stand as near to the end of the bar as i can where the staff go in and out of which is the right hand side as you walk in through the doors.Like the guy in the photo as this is the actual bar,

The bar is on collins street. It is almost on the corner of elizabeth and collins street. It is between swanston and elizsabeth street on the same side as a big arcade called "Australia on Collins" which also has a novotel.

If you get lost, get on to collins/elizabeth street junction and ask where the charles dickens pub is, itll be about 20 yards from you. If very stuck ask a cabbie outside the novotel as there is a taxi rank there, but most people who work round there know the charles dickens pub. The novotel is about 4 doors down from the arcade with the pub(bourke arcade)

Its just inside a little arcade and generally has an A Board on the street bearing the pubs name. Photos show where ill be stood in the bar and what the front of the bar looks like on the street.

I have a grade zero haircut (which is uncommon in the city) and a big scar on my head.

And i dont look like a city worker. Ill watch out for people looking left and right when they come in. Its only a small bar so dont be scared of not being seen.

Im happy to shout EXPATS??? at total strangers to see if you are part of the group .

Welcome one welcome all.

Al
Attached Thumbnails Melbourne CBD Friday Drinkers Club Part 2, Friday 7th MARCH-cd-bar.jpg   Melbourne CBD Friday Drinkers Club Part 2, Friday 7th MARCH-cd-sign.jpg   Melbourne CBD Friday Drinkers Club Part 2, Friday 7th MARCH-cd-map.jpg  

Last edited by Mr Anderson; Feb 22nd 2008 at 6:42 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Melbourne CBD Friday Drinkers Club Part 2, Friday 7th MARCH

oh me, me, me, can i come again,

i promise to behave and not harass the rest of the pub at the end of the night
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Excellent. Reckon I should be able to make it this time
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Margaret3
oh me, me, me, can i come again,

i promise to behave and not harass the rest of the pub at the end of the night

And im not your teacher........
Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mr Anderson
And im not your teacher........
hubby says hes coming to make sure i behave his friend is also tagging along, he's scottish too, been in aus about six months after spending the last six years in mexico
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

hubby says hes coming to make sure i behave his friend is also tagging along, he's scottish too, been in aus about six months after spending the last six years in mexico
Aye course all the jocks are crawling out of the woodwork as they think zok maybe giving free drinks away LOL.

So far

Alan (mr anderson)
Margaret 3 plus 2
DianneH68
Matt n Emma
Old Feb 25th 2008, 10:20 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mr Anderson
Aye course all the jocks are crawling out of the woodwork as they think zok maybe giving free drinks away LOL.

So far

Alan (mr anderson)
Margaret 3 plus 2
DianneH68
Matt n Emma
at the mention of free wine, my friend jane has just phoned to say shes coming too (she's english btw!!, you see am not fussy, i'll talk to anyone!!)
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:15 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Did someone mention free grog?

Count me and the hubster in provisionally. We'll be moving house on that day AND it's his birthday so we may or may not pop in for a few that night.

*pearly* and David.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Did someone mention free grog?

Count me and the hubster in provisionally. We'll be moving house on that day AND it's his birthday so we may or may not pop in for a few that night.

*pearly* and David.
oh look another couple of jocks looking for free booze, try to pop in, ave got a feeling your oh and alan will hit if off, which means we can sit in the corner and guzzle wine and plan our escape back to scotland, lol

Last edited by Margaret3; Feb 25th 2008 at 9:22 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:50 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

oh look another couple of jocks looking for free booze, try to pop in, ave got a feeling your oh and alan will hit if off, which means we can sit in the corner and guzzle wine and plan our escape back to scotland, lol
I wish you two weren't going back! I might pop in for one or two myself.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:57 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
I wish you two weren't going back! I might pop in for one or two myself.

Doooo Itttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxx
Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:00 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Doooo Itttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxx
You are on! I will!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:35 am
shoot from the hip,baby

Originally Posted by busterboy
You are on! I will!

Excellent - another easily sh*t faced scottish participant!

Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Alan and maybe clare(mr anderson)
Margaret 3 plus 3
DianneH68
Matt n Emma[/QUOTE]
onepearlyb plus 1
busterboy
d burgess will drop in
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:08 am
Account Closed

ok lets change this to 'scots hit the cbd for a schwally'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.