Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

MELBOURNE - BUZZY'S RECCIE PART 2!!!

MELBOURNE - BUZZY'S RECCIE PART 2!!!

Old Dec 14th 2006, 1:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MELBOURNE - BUZZY'S RECCIE PART 2!!!

Originally Posted by jond
I did this for 6 months, it is quicker to walk up Toorak Road than sit on a tram, it gets stuck at the lights on Pump Road forever. It takes 15-20 minutes max to walk to St Kilda Road and is a very pleasant walk.

I suppose it depends were you work, but I was next door to the Police headquarters so it wasn't too bad.
It depends. I like the tram journey and don't mind the time.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
It depends. I like the tram journey and don't mind the time.

The time I used to get there about 8.10am I could never get a seat on the tram, anyway the fast walk never did my waistline any harm I lost about 4 kg when I was working up there.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 3:27 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

The time I used to get there about 8.10am I could never get a seat on the tram, anyway the fast walk never did my waistline any harm I lost about 4 kg when I was working up there.
Good for you mate
Old Dec 14th 2006, 3:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

There's a bloke I know who walks as I wait - I think he gets there earlier.
I get there (South Yarra) about 730am, and the tram is nice then.

If going in later, did you ever see a bloke who does his stretching exercises in the park on the left on Toorak Rd about 830? You can set your watch by him.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

If going in later, did you ever see a bloke who does his stretching exercises in the park on the left on Toorak Rd about 830? You can set your watch by him.

Yes I did what about the personal trainer who used to have people shadow boxing and doing weights. That was the scary thing I used to see the same people doing the same thing every day.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 6:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes I did what about the personal trainer who used to have people shadow boxing and doing weights. That was the scary thing I used to see the same people doing the same thing every day.
I love it. Lots of eye candy, a bit of piece and quiet on the way in. I love those little shops the tram goes past when it does that little detour in the direction of the boys schools. Always meant to go to that huge cafe there.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 7:21 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: MELBOURNE - BUZZY'S RECCIE PART 2!!!

Originally Posted by parentsof2
Just wanted to add my thanks Buzzy for the great report and the pics. Even my 11 year old read it and got excited! (that is where we are hoping to move to next year if we get our visa.)

We are thinking of the Mornington, Mount Eliza area so it was nice to see some pics of these areas. Do you and your family have any particular areas in mind that you would like to live?

Karen

P.S The buzzy babies are gorgeous.
Thanks for the compliment. We're pretty set on Frankston South. That will give me a similar commute to the one I do now.

Buzzy
Old Dec 14th 2006, 7:22 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loz4Oz
How do you rate the Big4 site. we will need to arrange short term accomodation prior to getting a rental once we arrive.

Cheers, Loz
Big4 is fine for what it is. It's about £40 a night so don't expect luxury. It's a bit like the inside of a campervan.

Buzzy
Old Dec 14th 2006, 7:23 am
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by pippin lara
Buzzy Bee - I have 1 question - what's the name of the great pie shop in Mount Martha?

Cheers David
I have their business card at home. I'll look it out.

Buzzy
Old Dec 14th 2006, 7:25 am
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by martinw01908
Can I ask Buzzy what his profession is and how he managed to get agency interviews? When called in or phoned a few and nobody wanted to see me. Here I was, CV in hand, in AUSTRALIA and nobody wanted to talk to me unless I had a visa.!
Martin, I'm sorry to sound cocky, but I just rang them up and arranged a meeting. Some wanted to see me immediately, some didn't. One agency I met with called me back unexpectedly for a 2nd interview with different consultants. I'm in IT Data Network and Offshoring Project Management.

Buzzy
Old Dec 14th 2006, 7:30 am
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rascal
Wow Buzzy, thats some report! You could have sold Melbourne to me now! Thing is, we do have a choice of Melbourne or Brissy, Brissy for the climate, but Melbourne is now calling!
Hello Rascal. Listen, we were very spolit for weather in Melbourne. It was sunny for most of every day. It rained twice for about 10 seconds each time. Some days started off overcast and by about 11am it was sunny.

I'm not the one to advise on the climate in Melbourne, someone who lives there will I'm sure jump in. Equally I find the climate in Brisbane not for me for a few reasons - too hot some of the time, I don't want to spend my life with the curtains drawn in semi-darkness and I like some variation. Also the early darkness in Brisbane is a bit annoying. It was dark at 6.50pm every day when I was there.

Good luck with your decision.

btw for what it's worth I didn't like Malta when I visited. A barren rock covered with bingo-playing English pensioners!

Buzzy
Old Dec 14th 2006, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by parentsof2
Just wanted to add my thanks Buzzy for the great report and the pics. Even my 11 year old read it and got excited! (that is where we are hoping to move to next year if we get our visa.)

We are thinking of the Mornington, Mount Eliza area so it was nice to see some pics of these areas. Do you and your family have any particular areas in mind that you would like to live?

Karen

P.S The buzzy babies are gorgeous.
Just in case you aren't aware of these:

http://www.travelvictoria.com.au/mounteliza/photos/

http://www.travelvictoria.com.au/mornington/photos/

Click the town or suburb drop down list for lots of other places on and near the MP.

OzTennis
Old Dec 14th 2006, 8:53 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

You don't have to do that, we have tinted windows that help keep the hear out and stops any fading, not dark at all inside.

Will be interesting to see if you feel the same way about the place on those cold and gray days

Must admit the cafe culture is really nice, I find it hard to get any good food in the city (Brisbane) at lunch, most of it seem to be rubbish from food courts served on plastic plates

How did you find the people in Mel, more friendly thin Brisbane ?

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I don't want to spend my life with the curtains drawn in semi-darkness
Old Dec 14th 2006, 8:53 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I love it. Lots of eye candy, a bit of piece and quiet on the way in. I love those little shops the tram goes past when it does that little detour in the direction of the boys schools. Always meant to go to that huge cafe there.
Bit dangerous driving near chapel street today lads
Old Dec 14th 2006, 8:58 am
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by themerlin
You don't have to do that, we have tinted windows that help keep the hear out and stops any fading, not dark at all inside.

Will be interesting to see if you feel the same way about the place on those cold and gray days

Must admit the cafe culture is really nice, I find it hard to get any good food in the city (Brisbane) at lunch, most of it seem to be rubbish from food courts served on plastic plates

How did you find the people in Mel, more friendly thin Brisbane ?
Every house I went into in Brisbane had the curtains drawn and exterior blinds to make it even darker. Most houses I see on real estate websites in Brisbane are in permanent semi-darkness.

I found people in both Brisbane and Melbourne to be friendly.

Buzzy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.