Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne better than sydney - your havin a laugh

Melbourne better than sydney - your havin a laugh

Old Apr 16th 2004, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

mrs bluerobot is an unknown quantity at this point

Well weve been in Melbourne\Victoria for a week now and its great. I love it. In fact I love it so much were not going back to Sydney. Ever. (well only to gather our belongings and run off before the landlord catches us )

We've seen Hev's enourmous piles :scared:
Been bitten by countless mozzies
Been to the Lang Lang Rodeo.. yeehaaa lookie at those mullets
Been snogged by the savage dog
Been chatted to death by Badge and Mr Booboo
Put up with HUPs p*ss taking humour
and basically seen how the other half live.

Sydney maybe more pleasing to the eye, (well untill you get up close to the opera house ) but Melbourne has a less shallow beauty and we've really seen how the other half live whilst being here.

Also Aussie rules, rules and the Sydney Swans look gay, so we want to be down here where we can make "friday night footie" a regular part of our week. GO THE BOMBERS!!!

Last edited by mrs bluerobot; Apr 16th 2004 at 11:41 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2004, 11:59 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by mrs bluerobot
We've seen Hev's enourmous piles :scared:
Been bitten by countless mozzies
Been to the Lang Lang Rodeo.. yeehaaa lookie at those mullets
Been snogged by the savage dog
Been chatted to death by Badge and Mr Booboo
Put up with HUPs p*ss taking humour
and basically seen how the other half live.
Makes me feel "really" happy to be up here in Brisbane, so far away

Old Apr 17th 2004, 11:07 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne better than sydney - your havin a laugh

Originally posted by badgersmount

There's the feisty, good looking, crowd pleaser me
Geeeeez Badge, how do you ever get out into the big wide world everyday through that incy wincy tincy little doorway in your house?
Old Apr 17th 2004, 12:24 pm
Badge

have to admit it hurts my ears as they squeeze past the doorway everytime..

Last edited by badgersmount; Apr 18th 2004 at 12:13 am.

Old Apr 17th 2004, 2:03 pm
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

well guys your acting like poms .......or keeping up with the jones

However I'm going to put my pennies worth in, I've visited both Sydney and Melbourne. Spent 1 year in Sydney and a few days in Melbourne.

I do love Sydney over Melbourne, Melb is more euro for me, trams, etc. Sydney is London business without the crap.

Plus if you ask any girl or guy in the U.K. to name a city in Australia I guess Sydney would come top as there first choice.

You have the beaches & ferries. I love chilling catching a ferry around the different bays in Sydney or walking around the cliff track from Bondi to Coogee. The blue mountains, etc. etc.

There is one bad side to having a great city like Sydney........b*** house prices, I guess I'm going to have to live 1 hour out of the city to afford a house when I move there in a few months !!!!
Old Apr 17th 2004, 10:20 pm
Badge

Originally posted by rapitts
There is one bad side to having a great city like Sydney........b*** house prices, I guess I'm going to have to live 1 hour out of the city to afford a house when I move there in a few months !!!!
don't let the trams fool you. Looks Euro and effing GAY but there're pretty handy.

1hr away, you lucky bugger - you must be rich.

Old Apr 17th 2004, 11:52 pm
I'm an individual!

Centurix is an unknown quantity at this point

I've lived in Sydney (5 years), Melbourne (4 years) and Adelaide (5 years). My choice at the moment is to live in Brisbane, which is exactly where I will be living on Friday. There are tons of personal reasons why we're doing this and we've found things we like and dislike about each place. But this is all personal opinion at the end of the day. I do have a slight preference for Sydney over Melbourne (it's weather related basically. Sure, Melbourne does have nice days, but you can keep your 4 seasons in one day thanks), and a definite preference of Melbourne over Adelaide (nice place to retire to, and lots of people have had the same idea in the past if you know what I mean) I've spent a *lot* of time in Brisvegas over the years, and its a sort of goal for us to end up there for a while now.
Old Apr 18th 2004, 12:11 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Centurix
My choice at the moment is to live in Brisbane, which is exactly where I will be living on Friday. There are tons of personal reasons why we're doing this
Let's face it: the big reason is you sold up elsewhere and made a big capital gain and Brisbane is cheaper.
Old Apr 18th 2004, 12:25 am
I'm an individual!

well, you know what they say. you can buy into adelaide or perth but you can't buy back out.
Old Apr 18th 2004, 12:25 am
I'm an individual!

oh, and I was joking with the last post.
Old Apr 18th 2004, 12:39 am
Badge

After rereading this:

1) Have to admit, Sydney is my fav city in the world for Wow!!!
You could spend a week there, dividing your time between the Harbour and environs, North Sydney and the Eastern Beaches and you would be very happy. I hate Manly and all those other ones. And, it still feels small and personable. London, Paris don't.
You have to 'fight' them all the time.

2) Having said that, my agent has an office in Melbourne on the 15th floor of a block opposite Flinders. His office overlooks the clock of flinders, the top of the stn to the river, the entire southbank complex, downriver and MCG- what a view!!

BM

Old Apr 18th 2004, 12:53 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
don't let the trams fool you. Looks Euro and effing GAY but there're pretty handy.

1hr away, you lucky bugger - you must be rich.
What's gay about a tram?
Old Apr 18th 2004, 12:54 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Centurix
well, you know what they say. you can buy into adelaide or perth but you can't buy back out.
I think that means you are worried about the way the property mkt is going? I would be, too.

Please tell us your thoughts.
Old Apr 18th 2004, 11:32 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Amazulu
What's gay about a tram?
We had a teenager in the house and EVERYTHING was gay, we're all saying it now

Cheers teenage bluerobot, you KNOW who you are. You're soooooooooo gay
Old Apr 18th 2004, 8:00 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by anya4oz
OMG, this is like the 'Oxford vs. Cambridge' debate! I'm not playing- I *know* which one is best

Anya.
Yeah, watch it Anya.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.