Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne - Been here a month ... now what?

Melbourne - Been here a month ... now what?

Old Mar 11th 2004, 6:17 am
Just Joined

chrismcevoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Melbourne - Been here a month ... now what?

Hey everyone, I've been reading this forum since about September but this is my first post.

Long story short, I've been in Australia since the end of January, having arrived in Perth on Jan 26th. Since then I've driven over to Melbourne with my Aussie partner, got a house in Clayton (SE Suburbs) and ... umm ... that's about it.

So far I'm loving it, but I've yet to get a job or meet anyone (apart from the neighbours!).

I'm not really sure what the point of all this is apart from to say hello and ask if anyone else is in my situation?
Old Mar 11th 2004, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

lau and mart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Melbourne - Been here a month ... now what?

Hi Chris, can you just tell us why you drove to Melbourne? Was that the plan or did u not get on in Perth? Also what were your initial thoughts of Perth compared to those of Melbourne? Any info would be appreciated.
Mart

Originally posted by chrismcevoy
Hey everyone, I've been reading this forum since about September but this is my first post.

Long story short, I've been in Australia since the end of January, having arrived in Perth on Jan 26th. Since then I've driven over to Melbourne with my Aussie partner, got a house in Clayton (SE Suburbs) and ... umm ... that's about it.

So far I'm loving it, but I've yet to get a job or meet anyone (apart from the neighbours!).

I'm not really sure what the point of all this is apart from to say hello and ask if anyone else is in my situation?
Old Mar 11th 2004, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Hello
Old Mar 11th 2004, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

jezdavies is an unknown quantity at this point

You live in Clayton and you love it? Are there any nice parts of Clayton? At least you're taking a positive attitude over there even though the surroundings aren't exactly pleasant.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 2:03 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I suppose theres something to love in every suburb but I kinda agree with you jez, don't see Clyton in many travel Brochures but good on you, I'm glad you love Melbourne.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point

You caught your flight into Australia on Australia Day - it must be a sign!
Old Mar 11th 2004, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum. How come it has taken you 6 months to post something??

Surely, there must have been times when you were itching to slag someone off on here !!
Old Mar 11th 2004, 4:11 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

He was on the road between Perth & Melbourne
Old Mar 11th 2004, 8:54 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not really sure what the point of all this is
We arn't sure either. but generally posts fall into these categories

1) Visa how do I get it
2) What about my tv
3) What about my wood (piles upon piles of it (If you had to ask you wouldn't understand))
4) Do you think my cat is nasty
5) Which burb
6) I GOT IT !! I GOT IT !!!!
7) How much \ which airline
8) I've arrived

or of course theres the old favs

1) The "Oz is crap" "No it ain't"
2) Have you seen my piles (Sorry recuring theme)
3) Lettuce HOW MUCH
4) Cut and paste something out of the papers ......discuss

Anyway that about sums it up . Welcome to Melbourne

Last edited by HUP; Mar 11th 2004 at 9:29 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 9:19 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Ug Ug Ug Ug

Tis the intermittent sound of the troll
Old Mar 11th 2004, 9:27 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bix
Ug Ug Ug Ug

Tis the intermittent sound of the troll
No its the intermittent sound of my tongue in cheek humour.

Some more posts types to add

1) ............... is a troll
2) WBB love him or loathe him
3) Removals which one
4) Wheres my sodding furniture
Old Mar 11th 2004, 9:31 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

Oh and the

1) God this forums gone to the dogs recently
2) Wheres my dancing kangaroos?
Old Mar 11th 2004, 9:31 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HUP
No its the intermittent sound of my tongue in cheek humour.

Some more posts types to add

1) ............... is a troll
2) WBB love him or loathe him
3) Removals which one
4) Wheres my sodding furniture
Tax....Tax....Tax....
Baggage weight

Old Mar 12th 2004, 1:02 am
HUP
Brain Drained

Originally posted by Bix
Tax....Tax....Tax....
Baggage weight

Or

Marmite where can I find it.
Aus TV is crap
I came here for the wide open spaces
I've got a ute and I know how to use it.
Aus is racist and backward.....Oh no it isn't..... oh yes it is........
Leave the whicker decorations in the UK
Old Mar 12th 2004, 1:09 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

What about do your knackers look bigger in speedos poll? Not been done yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.