Reload this Page >

Melbourne Airport Hotels/Motels

Wikiposts

Melbourne Airport Hotels/Motels

Old May 2nd 2005, 8:36 am
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

bert-doozer is on a distinguished road
Default Melbourne Airport Hotels/Motels

Any recomendations for a night or two after we arrive??

Stu
Old May 2nd 2005, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

AvronW is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Melbourne Airport Hotels/Motels

Originally Posted by bert-doozer

Stu
We stayed in the Formula 1 hotel for the rest of the night we arrived and the first night there. It's within easy walking distance from the airport and it's a self-service check-in so you can check yourself in anytime.

-Avron
Old May 3rd 2005, 1:26 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AvronW
We stayed in the Formula 1 hotel for the rest of the night we arrived and the first night there. It's within easy walking distance from the airport and it's a self-service check-in so you can check yourself in anytime.

-Avron
That's where I stayed. As far as I know, it's the cheapest place within the vicinity of the airport. It's basic, clean, comfortable and was very quiet when I was there. I paid something like $65 for one night in January of this year, for a room to myself that could have slept three people. It also had an en suite bathroom and TV.
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:07 am
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

Cheers guys, but with 2 adults & 2 children we need a double & 2 singles or bunks, which alot of hotels wont do.
Maximum occupancy 2/3 people.

Stu
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:09 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Stu

If you don't mind me asking, why the hell would you want to stay near the airport
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:13 am
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

Originally Posted by fraser
If you don't mind me asking, why the hell would you want to stay near the airport
I know where you are coming from, but after a 22hr flt with 2 ychildren 10 & 6, customs & imigration we will get out of the airport around 09:30 PM.

Just didnt want to have to travel to far again.

Stu
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:17 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I know where you are coming from, but after a 22hr flt with 2 ychildren 10 & 6, customs & imigration we will get out of the airport around 09:30 PM.

Just didnt want to have to travel to far again.

Stu

You'll be fine we did it with a 2yr old and a 4 month baby. Book a hotel in St.Kilda a 30 minute drive from the airport crash out get up. Go and have some brekkie at a beachside cafe, take the kids to luna park they'll love it.

You know it makes sense

yours very jealous Fraser
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:20 am
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

You'll be fine we did it with a 2yr old and a 4 month baby. Book a hotel in St.Kilda a 30 minute drive from the airport crash out get up. Go and have some brekkie at a beachside cafe, take the kids to luna park they'll love it.

You know it makes sense

yours very jealous Fraser

Cheers Fraser
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:22 am

Cheers Fraser

You never know if things work out we may be on the same flight as you see you in St.Kilda brekkie for 8
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:36 am
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

You never know if things work out we may be on the same flight as you see you in St.Kilda brekkie for 8
Sounds good to me when are you flying?

We are still to book, but looking at late Aug with Singapore Airways

just waiting to exchange contracts on the house!

Stu
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:38 am

Sounds good to me when are you flying?

We are still to book, but looking at late Aug with Singapore Airways

just waiting to exchange contracts on the house!

Stu

I'm being a bit previous as no visa or house sale although we do have an offer. If all goes well we'll be looking at going around the same time. Have you been before?
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:44 am
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

I'm being a bit previous as no visa or house sale although we do have an offer. If all goes well we'll be looking at going around the same time. Have you been before?

No never been, but we have quite a few friend who have emigrated out there. We have also lived overseas before, so will not be looking through rose tinted glasses!

You obviously have, impressions please.

Stu
Old May 3rd 2005, 9:48 am

No never been, but we have quite a few friend who have emigrated out there. We have also lived overseas before, so will not be looking through rose tinted glasses!

You obviously have, impressions please.

Stu

Stu I absolutley love it, have been 3 times It's a bit like England but more laid back the people are freindly and it's a lot cleaner than London, the food and coffee is fantastic and after saying all that if for some strange reason you don't lik it you can always go home.

I doubt if you will though.

Do you have any idea where you're going to settle.
Old May 3rd 2005, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers guys, but with 2 adults & 2 children we need a double & 2 singles or bunks, which alot of hotels wont do.
Maximum occupancy 2/3 people.

Stu
Ahhh I've got the same problem, 2 adults and 2 kids, beleive it or not the solution really is two rooms at an F1 motel, which will be cheaper than getting a family room in a motel. you should be able to get adjancent rooms for about 118 bucks total cost, whereas a motel room for 4 or more will be more than 120 bucks, and closer to 150 bucks !!!!

Dont have details of the local motel scene available, however try yellowpages aussie, area you need is tullamarine/airport west, or even campbellfeild.
Old May 3rd 2005, 10:20 am
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

Stu I absolutley love it, have been 3 times It's a bit like England but more laid back the people are freindly and it's a lot cleaner than London, the food and coffee is fantastic and after saying all that if for some strange reason you don't lik it you can always go home.

I doubt if you will though.

Do you have any idea where you're going to settle.
All depends on the Job, I am a Satellite / communications Engineer, we would like to settle in South East Subs, about 30Km out from CBD, so we can have a bit of Green! We are also looking at Mornington & some areas of Geelong, if I end up with a job on that side of melbourne.

What about you?

Stu

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.