Melbourne

Old Jul 12th 2003, 3:10 am
Just Joined

Ranger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Melbourne

I am emmigrating to Melbourne in the next few weeks. I have been looking on this site and some people think the cost of living is high. What would you say is a good wage for Mealbourne.

Could any one tell me if the tv is on UHF or VHF so we know weather to bring our tv's or not

Many thank
Ranger

Old Jul 12th 2003, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Melbourne

Hi Ranger,

This thread will tell you about the telly - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=161742 - although the discussion did get slightly side tracked!

Gra...
Old Jul 12th 2003, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Jeannie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ranger,

Been in Melbourne three months now. When we packed everything up we got rid of our tele cause we thought it wouldn't work.

We brought the little portable with us to use for the Playstation. My husband then got the bright idea - if we bought a video, we could tune in the little tele through the video, and lo and behold, it works just fine.

We were going to buy a vidoe anyway, so it has saved us the cost of a tele.

Don't know about the UHF VHF stuff - that's too technical for the likes of me.

Jeannie