Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

melbourne - 1 month on & dog

melbourne - 1 month on & dog

Old Mar 5th 2005, 9:09 pm
Merlot

Default Re: melbourne - 1 month on & dog

[QUOTE=lauralollipop]hello,

i have also replied tothe other one, but we liked, Chelsea,Mordiallioc, Aspendale, Parkdale and Mentone,all really nice and 30-40 mins train into city!

Mornington is lovely but yesto far to commute.

Freematler, thought you were in Perth, what happened r u staying here now?

Goodluck to everyone who is bringing their dogs!

Ta muchly, will use these as my research start.

We are bringing back our moggy so felt relieved with your stories of renting.

Cheers
M

Old Mar 5th 2005, 9:16 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

hi

talking to you on 2 threads now i think

Yes with the rental bring as much paperwork as you can,mind you saying that, we were only refused the first one as it was in a shared complex and there was some law preventing dogs living there. And then we were offered both the other 2 we applied for, so after the initial knockback it was easy.

I think its easier to find somewhere to take dogs the further out you live, as there are lots of rental properties and compitition is high, where as near the city the rentals seem to get snapped up really quick.

We like the city,but I couldnt live there, I need open space and quiet,the city is nice to go to by train, but I coulnt drive there, its mad!!

Goodluck with your research, when r u expecting to arrive?
laura
Old Mar 5th 2005, 9:22 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
hi

talking to you on 2 threads now i think

Yes with the rental bring as much paperwork as you can,mind you saying that, we were only refused the first one as it was in a shared complex and there was some law preventing dogs living there. And then we were offered both the other 2 we applied for, so after the initial knockback it was easy.

I think its easier to find somewhere to take dogs the further out you live, as there are lots of rental properties and compitition is high, where as near the city the rentals seem to get snapped up really quick.

We like the city,but I couldnt live there, I need open space and quiet,the city is nice to go to by train, but I coulnt drive there, its mad!!

Goodluck with your research, when r u expecting to arrive?
laura
Hey listen we are females, we can have two conversations at the same time .

Return is money dependant, we would like to be back June 2006 BUT may not be possible until the following year, a just wait and see thing.

M

Old Mar 5th 2005, 9:27 pm

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
Hey listen we are females, we can have two conversations at the same time .

Return is money dependant, we would like to be back June 2006 BUT may not be possible until the following year, a just wait and see thing.

M

unlike men LOL

So why did you leave, have you already got your PR from before? Where were you before? Tell me EVERYTHING as I havent been on here for over a month and I no nothing!

Is it Hartlepool you live now? Have you lived there all your life?

Questions, questions....Just PM me if you want.

Mother says that been snowing there again, its hard to imagine while your here, it feels like another life!! Its so wired, as feel like I have been here ages and when I try to remember my old life I picture it being sunny and nice, in reality it was rarely sunny in Teesside LOL

laura
x
Old Mar 5th 2005, 9:46 pm
Merlot

unlike men LOL

So why did you leave, have you already got your PR from before? Where were you before? Tell me EVERYTHING as I havent been on here for over a month and I no nothing!

Is it Hartlepool you live now? Have you lived there all your life?

Questions, questions....Just PM me if you want.

Mother says that been snowing there again, its hard to imagine while your here, it feels like another life!! Its so wired, as feel like I have been here ages and when I try to remember my old life I picture it being sunny and nice, in reality it was rarely sunny in Teesside LOL

laura
x
PM sent, off to see mam for M Day! xx

Old Mar 6th 2005, 11:47 pm
pea
Just Joined

pea is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: melbourne - 1 month on & dog

Excellent post, nice read. We are heading to Melbourne 9th June with our pooch too.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 2:37 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Laura - what a brilliant post! You sound so happy - I'm really pleased that you get montu back on Saturday - She sounds like she has coped fairly well - like humans i'm sure Montu will adjust to the heat over time - its good your house it by the sea because you will catch those sea breezes then and that will keep montu cooler - do you have A/C?

Montu has given me hope that Poppy will manage the flight too as like montu she is also very spoilt and a real people dog - constantly after cuddles

She can be a nervous dog as well in unfamiliar territory - i'm just praying she will go to sleep on the flight once the plane is in the air!

what about making friends, or have you not had time for that yet!!? I'm sure you will have no problems anyway!

Take care!
Lynn - p.s keep those stories coming, karma coming your way!
Old Mar 7th 2005, 9:34 am

Lynn

you have changed your avatar again, oh you do like to confuse me dont you girl??

Yes Montu has coped fine, I think that they just ajust to whatever situation they are in, she seems happy enough and funnily enough seems to be putting on weight now, so maybe it has done her some good, being in there and not having me pussy footing around her trying to get her to eat!!!

Its me who is finding it the hardest, crying all of the time, i miss her and think of her outside in the baking sun and then outside in the cold on a night......

We dont have a/c in here, we have only had a couple of nights where it was too hot and we had the cieling fans on, we could really do with some central heating tho as its cold on a night more often that hot here, so I dont need A/C need central heating..........

Keep in touch, when are you going then, do you know yet?

laura
xxx
Old Mar 7th 2005, 9:48 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Lynn

you have changed your avatar again, oh you do like to confuse me dont you girl??

Yes Montu has coped fine, I think that they just ajust to whatever situation they are in, she seems happy enough and funnily enough seems to be putting on weight now, so maybe it has done her some good, being in there and not having me pussy footing around her trying to get her to eat!!!

Its me who is finding it the hardest, crying all of the time, i miss her and think of her outside in the baking sun and then outside in the cold on a night......

We dont have a/c in here, we have only had a couple of nights where it was too hot and we had the cieling fans on, we could really do with some central heating tho as its cold on a night more often that hot here, so I dont need A/C need central heating..........

Keep in touch, when are you going then, do you know yet?

laura
xxx
Hi
Still aiming to go in november to Brisbane. My frontloaded application arrived with DIMIA 3rd February - so fingers crossed to hear something in the next few months!

Enjoy having montu back on Saturday!
Keep the stories coming - they keep me going at the minute coz Oz still seems so far away!

Lynn x