Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meet ups in West Yorkshire ?

Meet ups in West Yorkshire ?

Old May 9th 2007, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Meet ups in West Yorkshire ?

Originally Posted by carolinejones3
Hi all,

I have been to the Cornmill today. Informed them of numbers expected on Saturday.They said it won't be a problem, enough staff onto cope. They said if its not to0 busy they could secure an area for us to chat etc..however eating together would be a problem, but big enough to go off and eat and come back etc.. Loads of eating space and out door space and seating weather permitting.

Child friendly, smoke free areas and smoking areas for those of us that do..
Have a menu in front of me...Usual pub food with a slight twist on traditional meals..veggie options, starters, mains, grills, steaks, fish etc...
Nice pud's as well, all sourced fish and meat, care gone into menu..All sounds home made and well put together..Prices more expensive than usual pub food but not ridiculous.. Child menu also available, pasta, fish, cottage pie, sausage etc..

Side dishes al well as extra cost ie bowl of chips £2.69, side salad £2.00, G bread £2.29 and so on...

I made a ball park figure of around 30 people poss, did say it might be more or it could be a little less, they didn't seem fazed by this. They said busy time is around 6pm for eating...

Hope this okay, hope everyone can come and enjoy...Let me know if anything else I can do. Are we doing name badges?? Is so people can do there own??

Caroline

High chairs also
Thanks very much for you trouble Caroline, we will see you on Saturday
Old May 10th 2007, 2:44 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Thanks very much for you trouble Caroline, we will see you on Saturday
Hi Paula sorry to hijack thread just asking did you get my PM?

Loz x
Old May 10th 2007, 2:48 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oscars mum
Thanks for sorting that out caroline, looks like we will be celebrating as well............
Just got the email from our agents, peter has passed his TRA

See you on saturday
Sue
Sorry everybody am jumping in again Just noticed Sue was from Wakefield so being a recently moved to Brissie from Wakefield person was wondering where abouts you were Sue Oh and welcome to BE

Loz x
Old May 10th 2007, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by loz
Sorry everybody am jumping in again Just noticed Sue was from Wakefield so being a recently moved to Brissie from Wakefield person was wondering where abouts you were Sue Oh and welcome to BE

Loz x
Hi Loz,

Where about's in Wakefield are you from. We live in Rothwell at the mo but used to live in Lofthouse - OH is from Stanley.

How long have you been in Brisbane - what can you share with all us eager beavers still stuck in the uk...

Shelley
Old May 10th 2007, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

oscars mum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by loz

Loz x
hi loz, we live in wrenthorpe, but have also lived in stanley and newton hill.
We are coming over in august for two weeks, so no doubt i'll be picking your brains for info!!!!
sue
Old May 10th 2007, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by loz
Hi Paula sorry to hijack thread just asking did you get my PM?

Loz x
Hi Loz, yes thanks I did we will be in touch when we arrive. Looking forward to seeing you and having a couple of "Cold ones".
Old May 10th 2007, 10:21 pm
loz
this is home!!

Originally Posted by oscars mum
hi loz, we live in wrenthorpe, but have also lived in stanley and newton hill.
We are coming over in august for two weeks, so no doubt i'll be picking your brains for info!!!!
sue
Talk about a small world!!!!!!!!!!! My brother-in-law and family came out nearly 5 years ago.................from Stanley and we joined them in October and brought Deans Mum and Dad.................from Wrenthorpe. We lived at Flanshaw. Look forward to answering any questions. Good luck

Loz x
Old May 10th 2007, 10:24 pm
loz
this is home!!

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Hi Loz, yes thanks I did we will be in touch when we arrive. Looking forward to seeing you and having a couple of "Cold ones".
Old May 10th 2007, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

Lylesie is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Meet ups in West Yorkshire ?

Hi its Lylesie
Sorry to be a pain but we have managed to change things around on saturday and asked our friends who is getting married if we can escape for a while on saturday, they said no probs. Dont think they will miss us too much!!! Hope that doesnt put anyone out too much.
2adults + 2kids
Old May 11th 2007, 3:48 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
Just to say im looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.
Should be good fun.
Janice.
Old May 11th 2007, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,
look forward to seeing everyone tomo, see you then!!!
Caroline
Old May 12th 2007, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Hi there

Just to let you know to also add my hubby and small child (I will be taking older one to birthday party). We are Andy and Lindsey (used to live in Ossett - now Doncaster). We both work in Wakefield. We got our visa's last week and hopefully once house is sold will be heading out to Adelaide September time. I am sorry I cant make it too - but you know how five year olds and parties are! Maybe next time

Anyway Andy will see you there and is looking forward to it

Lindsey
Old May 12th 2007, 7:01 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

Hi to you all.
Just got back from the meet and thought i would just post to say how much i enjoyed meeting you all.
I was quite apprehensive before we arrived but i thought it all went very well.
Everyone seemed to get on well and lots of information was shared so that was good.
Hope to keep in touch with lots of you.
Janice x
Old May 12th 2007, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Ditto Janice!!
Sorry it wasn't that child friendly!!! Next time find a better place, hopefully beer garden, childs play area and sunshine!!
Enjoyed meeting all of you, we all did well, and I got an lot of info from everyone, thankyou all!!
Good luck to everyone what ever syage you are at..
Caroline
Old May 12th 2007, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carolinejones3
Ditto Janice!!
Sorry it wasn't that child friendly!!! Next time find a better place, hopefully beer garden, childs play area and sunshine!!
Enjoyed meeting all of you, we all did well, and I got an lot of info from everyone, thankyou all!!
Good luck to everyone what ever syage you are at..
Caroline

The kids seemed to have a great time and that is all that matters , we had a great time too and really enjoyed meeting those of you we managed to speak to. It was very informative and also really interesting to hear others views and also what you had done to achieve the dream. Thanks for a lovely afternoon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.