Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meet ups in West Yorkshire ?

Meet ups in West Yorkshire ?

Old Mar 28th 2007, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Meet ups in West Yorkshire ?

Originally Posted by carolinejones3
Welcome aboard, more the merrier!!
Are you okay with the Cornmill? Time etc..
Caroline
Hi Caroline

We know the Cornmill, Saturday the 12th May at 4 o Clock, are you just meeting for drinks or food too ? It's already in my diary

Tracy
Old Mar 28th 2007, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hi Caroline, Saturday 12th May at 4pm is fine by us, there will be three of us, Myself, OH and 8 year old son.

Janice, it was also be good to talk to you as we will be heading to Brisbane on 19th May.
I am also going to inform some friends of ours as they are just in the process of waiting for their visas, but did not know about this site! so I will let you know if our numbers change.
Caroline if you need any help with anything please send me a pm and let me know. Paula.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Hello you Yorkshire peeps. We are Yorkshire peeps too from Leeds but live in OZ Perth now.
Aggrah and Akbars in Bradford were delicious...god i miss a good curry!
Akbars is our favourite, it has to be the best curry in Bradford
Old Mar 29th 2007, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Does anyone mind if we join in, we are Jason, Tracy, Tom 15, Sam 10 and Mollie aged 6, we currently live in Northowram Halifax and know Queensbury, and Bradford very well. We have just started the process and Jason is currently pulling together the information he needs for the ACS to job match him
Hi Jason,

My OH - Mitchell, works at Marshalls West Lane which I think is just up from you.

Where abouts are you heading in Oz?

Shelley
Old Mar 29th 2007, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sheli0508
Hi Jason,

My OH - Mitchell, works at Marshalls West Lane which I think is just up from you.

Where abouts are you heading in Oz?

Shelley
Hi Shelly

Yes Southowram isn't too far away from us at all, my Aunt works for Marshalls, I think at the Southowram office .

We have our hearts set on Melbourne, but to be honest are open to suggestions and if a job offer were to come up elsewhere, we would seriously consider it

Everything seems to revolve around getting a job, but we are in the early stages and Jason is still completing his RPL for the ACS before we can even think about applying for a visa

Tracy & Jason
Old Mar 29th 2007, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Loiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant future

We may well join you. Im a nurse hoping to end up in Queensland summer 2008. Hubby is a teacher. 2 daughters 7 and 1. I always feel a little awkward about these kind of events though.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Guys,

I think its quite natural to feel a little odd re these things, after all we don't know each other from adam, yet seem to share private info about ourselves!!
I am sure we will get from it what we want to, info, support and a friend or two!

I am too no where near completing the visa app, still waiting for skills assessment to come from ANMC, there seems to be a back log there at the mo, Very frustrating. So we can share are frustrations and hopefully see that at some point we have and are in the same boat...Limbo land!!
Caroline
My god Ive gone smilies mad!!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Sorry forgot to add, do all people want to eat or do just drinks. I think people with kids may need to feed them bacause of the time, I know mine are devils if I don't throw them a bone or two regular!
Caroline
Old Mar 29th 2007, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Loiner
We may well join you. Im a nurse hoping to end up in Queensland summer 2008. Hubby is a teacher. 2 daughters 7 and 1. I always feel a little awkward about these kind of events though.
We own a rental villa in Florida and there are similar Florida HomeOwner forums, which we are also contribute to. We have attended similar meets with other home owners, a little reluctant to start, as we do not know these people other than through discussions, but we have found them very useful and have made some wonderful friends from these

We all have one thing in common and that is a desire to live and work in Australia, and all at different stages of the process, I am sure we will get along just fine.

Tracy & Jason
Old Mar 29th 2007, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by carolinejones3
Sorry forgot to add, do all people want to eat or do just drinks. I think people with kids may need to feed them bacause of the time, I know mine are devils if I don't throw them a bone or two regular!
Caroline
I am happy either way, although my kids are going through that stage at the moment where you would think I didn't feed them at all, so even if I feed them just before we set off on the 20 minute drive they will still want something to eat when we get there

Tracy
Old Mar 29th 2007, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

Lylesie is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Meet ups in West Yorkshire ?

Hi a bit nervous, never done this before.

I live in batley and cant wait to move to Australia. Would it be alright to come along and join you all and pick your brains

I have two children aged 9 and 10 and a husband that works away a lot but is home on the weekends.

Thankyou
Old Mar 30th 2007, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lylesie

I live in batley and cant wait to move to Australia. Would it be alright to come along and join you all and pick your brains

I have two children aged 9 and 10 and a husband that works away a lot but is home on the weekends.

Thankyou
Hi

We also have a 10 year old, hopefully they will get along and leave us to chat and pick each others brains
Old Mar 30th 2007, 4:20 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Hi Caroline

We know the Cornmill, Saturday the 12th May at 4 o Clock, are you just meeting for drinks or food too ? It's already in my diary

Tracy
Will be on Perth reccie then, shame.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mindblower
Will be on Perth reccie then, shame.
It is a shame, but lucky you, I know where I would much rather be, no offence to anyone attending the meet , but being on a reccie in Aus would be great. Have a truly wonderful time

Tracy & Jason
Old Mar 31st 2007, 8:48 am
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lylesie

Thankyou
Hello and welcome.
It would be great to see you along with all the rest of us.
Remember none of us have met before so are all in the same boat as you.
Just have to tell you Yorkshire peeps...we got our PR visas granted yesterday!
Cant believe it.
Looks like we can validate whilst we are on our recce next week too so thats brill!!!
I may not be posting for 3 weeks now because we will be in Brisbane.I may get opportunity but i may just be too busy lying on the beach or by the pool etc etc!
Seriously...will be in touch about the meet at some point so speak soon xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.