Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meet ups in West Yorkshire ?

Meet ups in West Yorkshire ?

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Meet ups in West Yorkshire ?

Hi Janice,

Ok I will wait for every one to give the okay for the cornmill and get rough numbers.

Right West Yorkshire..
I will Need to know..
How many coming,
What dates people cannot do in May
If people pref a weeknight or weekend.
Is the cornmill okay? If not please suggest.

Janice I really do work on Lumb lane!!

I have friends in Mirfield, their kids go to Crowlees and they live not far from it..Do yours?

Thanks everyone Caroline
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by carolinejones3
Hi Janice,

Ok I will wait for every one to give the okay for the cornmill and get rough numbers.

Right West Yorkshire..
I will Need to know..
How many coming,

I have friends in Mirfield, their kids go to Crowlees and they live not far from it..Do yours?

Thanks everyone Caroline
Hi Caroline,

We (me ,OH and 3 children) can make it on any thur, fri, sat and sunday in May....

Shelley
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 7:14 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Janice,

Right West Yorkshire..
I will Need to know..
How many coming,

Thanks everyone Caroline
Hi Caroline.

Really any time is ok for us.....we will work around what everyone else wants to do.Weekend or weekday too is fine..whatever.
Early May is good as we come back from Brisbane 23rd April so we will still be buzzing i expect and can tell you all our adventures!!
Did you train at Dewsbury then?
Where is the hospital on Lumb Lane...is it BRI?
Ok guys out there...who would prefer a week night or a weekend?
Cos i think the best thing to do is decide that then set a date for say the first Thursday maybe or the first weekend in May.Although the first weekend is May day weekend so people may be going away.Maybe the 2nd weekend then...11th or 12th of May?
What does everyone else think?
Janice x
PS. My youngest goes to Battyeford and my eldest is at Heckmondwike Grammar doing A levels.

Last edited by Dreams of Oz; Mar 23rd 2007 at 7:18 pm. Reason: Forgot to add.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hi guys, the Cornmill is good for us too. We have an 8 year old son so a weekend, early to mid afternoon would be good for us as we struggle with sitters. Early May should also not be a problem.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 8:33 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Hi guys, the Cornmill is good for us too. We have an 8 year old son so a weekend, early to mid afternoon would be good for us as we struggle with sitters. Early May should also not be a problem.
do you have alink to a map for the cornmill? if its easy to get to, we might come and join you

sue x
we are me, oh and 3 kids -9, 6 + 6
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Okay, second weekend in May it is on a Saturday. What time everyone for people with kids would you prefer a lunchtime/dinner time/or eve.
Will get a link for cornmill today, its easy to get to.

Janice I trained in Bradford so Bri is my ground, although did a child placement at dewsbury on the pead ward some time back.
lumb Lane is notorious for ladies of the night incase any one wondering what I am going on about..Its an in joke with my family and friends.. I work through the day just incase anyone wondering I work in a large medical centre and care for a few of these girls.

Anyway it will be good to hear of your experiances Janice fresh from Bris!
Caroline
Old Mar 24th 2007, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Address

Old Cornmill
Wakefield Rd
Brighouse
HD6 4HA

Tel - 01484-400069

Junction 25 of the M62.
Old Mar 24th 2007, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

Okay, second weekend in May it is on a Saturday. What time everyone for people with kids would you prefer a lunchtime/dinner time/or eve.

Caroline
That's fine for us. We are happy lunch til late - our 3 all like to go out for tea so there's no problem there...

I've attached a link or you can use route finder to locate it:

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...itle=Corn+Mill

cheers,

Shelley
Old Mar 25th 2007, 6:46 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

If everyone seems happy with the cornmill thats fine for me weekend would be best but I am flexible.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

cookiecook is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, another for the list, were near Skipton (sounds loads better than Keighley!) Steeton to be precise, we have 2 girls 8 & 5.

We have just applied hoping to have visa by end of summer, we need to talk to people in same boat we call limbo land!?!??!

Theres a couple of others on the jan applicants who are local who might be interested
Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookie could you send them a message re this ?

Have rang the Cornmill several times today, no answer? Will try again later. Was just going to ask them if we need to book re large numbers and menu etc..
Would around 4.00pm be okay for everyone?
That way its set and we can concentrate on getting numbers, long way off yet it seems, but if it goes as quick as the rest of this year then soon here!!
Caroline
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Caroline,

We're (2ad + 3ch) are fine with 4pm.

cheers,

Shelley
Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:33 am
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

Cookie could you send them a message re this ?

Have rang the Cornmill several times today, no answer? Will try again later. Was just going to ask them if we need to book re large numbers and menu etc..
Would around 4.00pm be okay for everyone?
That way its set and we can concentrate on getting numbers, long way off yet it seems, but if it goes as quick as the rest of this year then soon here!!
Caroline
Hi Caroline.

Yep 4 pm is fine with us ( there will be 4 of us ...if i can persuade my 17 year old to come!)
Thanks so much for doing this.
Janice x
Old Mar 28th 2007, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Janice I trained in Bradford so Bri is my ground, although did a child placement at dewsbury on the pead ward some time back.
lumb Lane is notorious for ladies of the night incase any one wondering what I am going on about..Its an in joke with my family and friends.. I work through the day just incase anyone wondering I work in a large medical centre and care for a few of these girls.

Anyway it will be good to hear of your experiances Janice fresh from Bris!
Caroline

Does anyone mind if we join in, we are Jason, Tracy, Tom 15, Sam 10 and Mollie aged 6, we currently live in Northowram Halifax and know Queensbury, and Bradford very well. We have just started the process and Jason is currently pulling together the information he needs for the ACS to job match him
Old Mar 28th 2007, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Welcome aboard, more the merrier!!
Are you okay with the Cornmill? Time etc..
Caroline

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.