Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meet ups in West Yorkshire ?

Meet ups in West Yorkshire ?

Old Mar 11th 2007, 3:32 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Meet ups in West Yorkshire ?

Originally Posted by Dreams of Oz
Hi to you all.
Was wondering if anyone could tell me when there will be another meet around the West Yorks area.
We are in Mirfield near Huddersfield so anywhere around there will be great.
Thankyou!!!!
The Corn Mill.......junction 25 off M62 ...nrear Huddersfield anybody.

Dave
Old Mar 20th 2007, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mindblower

Dave
Hi I live in Batley, planning to move out to Peth end of year Visa permitting of course. would also love to meet up at some point. Know Mirfield well have friends there!!
Caroline ;0)
Old Mar 21st 2007, 6:09 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

just wondering if anything further had been planned regarding a meet up
Old Mar 21st 2007, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

It seems it may be difficult unless one of us sets a date and we can all agree on time place etc...It seems most people can be flexible, but people with kids will need time to sort sitters out unless the older one's are coming. Mine will be SO in bed!!! Any suggestions? April some time?
Caroline
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Hereandnow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carolinejones3
Hi I live in Batley, planning to move out to Peth end of year Visa permitting of course. would also love to meet up at some point. Know Mirfield well have friends there!!
Caroline ;0)
Hi I am from Batley, havnt lived there for a long time but my mum is there, lives at Carlinghow. Would love to meet with you all but I am in Perth, will be in Batley visiting family in July so will watch this thread incase any meets organised for then. Good luck to everyone coming over to Oz.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

Hi,

I've searched for a West Yorkshire meet before and couldn't find anything - obviously hadn't searched hard enough!! 'll have to put it down to me stressing my self waiting for a CO, anyway excuses over.

We (me, OH and 3 children) are aiming to be out in Brisbane/Gold Coast by Aug/Sept this year and would really be love to come too if that's ok. We live in Rothwell, Leeds but are happy to travel over.

cheers,

Shelley
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 10:58 am
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mindblower

Dave
Hi Dave.

Thats just around the corner from us so that would be great!!

Anyone want to take it up a step and organise something?I m so crap at organising stuff like this.

Apparently the food there is good if thats the plan.

By the way we will be in Brisbane from 2nd April to 23rd April so couldnt come those dates.

Thanks to you all.

Janice x
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 11:03 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Handyandy180
If its the Aggrah that i know on Leeds rd near Laisterdyke ure in for a treat its brill had many a curry there.
Chris
Hello you Yorkshire peeps. We are Yorkshire peeps too from Leeds but live in OZ Perth now.
Aggrah and Akbars in Bradford were delicious...god i miss a good curry!
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 11:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Handyandy180
It would be easier to get a flight back and go to Mumtaz!!!! X Bradford lad here so i'm in need of a curry!!
Good luck to all that are trying to get here hope tpo see u soon in the Antipodes.
Regards Chris and Andrea
Hi

I'm from Bradford too, now living in South Aus. What part of Bradford do you come from? I've lived in Buttershaw , Allerton and Thornton

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Hello you Yorkshire peeps. We are Yorkshire peeps too from Leeds but live in OZ Perth now.
Aggrah and Akbars in Bradford were delicious...god i miss a good curry!
I'll try to write down my hubby's recipe and PM it to you. He tells me it's very good but I don't eat them so I have to take his word for it
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

owen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really nice

Originally Posted by sheli0508
Hi,

I've searched for a West Yorkshire meet before and couldn't find anything - obviously hadn't searched hard enough!! 'll have to put it down to me stressing my self waiting for a CO, anyway excuses over.

We (me, OH and 3 children) are aiming to be out in Brisbane/Gold Coast by Aug/Sept this year and would really be love to come too if that's ok. We live in Rothwell, Leeds but are happy to travel over.

cheers,

Shelley
Me and my future wife (next month in Brisbane) hope to go in sep/oct to brisbane as well, we live in Ackworth nr pontefract) we would like to say hello.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by owen709646
Me and my future wife (next month in Brisbane) hope to go in sep/oct to brisbane as well, we live in Ackworth nr pontefract) we would like to say hello.
Hi

I sort of know Ackworthl - well, I worked with someone that lives there and I've been to Garden Centre if that counts.

How far r u with visa. Where hoping to go on a 136 modl - OH, Mitchell is Fitter and hails from Stanley, Wakefield.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

owen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really niceowen709646 is just really nice

Hi, we have just got 136 visas each. I am an electrician (been office bound pen pushing for the last 10 years, but swotting up) and Carol is a Midwife. Carol has a position offered in Brisbane city as a Midwife. We hope to leave in late Sept after my sons 16th (he lives with his mum).
We live down the road from the garden centre, towards wakefield.
I know Rothwell ish.
Have you decided where you want to gos, its a big place.

Regards, owen
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by owen709646
Hi, we have just got 136 visas each. I am an electrician (been office bound pen pushing for the last 10 years, but swotting up) and Carol is a Midwife. Carol has a position offered in Brisbane city as a Midwife. We hope to leave in late Sept after my sons 16th (he lives with his mum).
We live down the road from the garden centre, towards wakefield.
I know Rothwell ish.
Have you decided where you want to gos, its a big place.

Regards, owen
We've got friends in Ashmore. I was thinking more hinterlanad than coast. Possibly Jimboomba. With having 3 children under 8 I want them to grow up in a 'normal' enviroment not too touristy if that makes sense. Although our next door neighbour has given Mitchell details of a guy he used to work with who comes from Rotherham who now has his own mining/engineering business up in Mackay. I think it's a bit too far but Mitchell is open to offers. We had intend to look at the Sunshine coast - more low rise than Gold Coast but most of the beeter paid jobs seem to be south side Brisbane... and there is always Ikea to consider... don't want to be too far if I nee a shot of home.
That sounds daft reading it back with Ikea being Swedish but I feel that we spend most our life there.... excellant, cheap full breakfasts.....
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shall we set a date for early may, that way we all have time to sort 'stuff', people who are away should be back. GOOD LUCK with Bris reki!! It should also give people time to find the West Yorkshire meet. I'm happy with the cornmill, it seems central for most people, (but Bradford do the best curries in the world!!) Happy to kind of organise with help. Could ring cornmill and ask menu details, book for amount of people if needed etc..Let me know if this is what most people want and will try to help get this moving..
Talk about small world, I used to live in Carlinghow, now top end of Whitelee, Wendy Know Bradford well, work there, on Lumb Lane actually!!! As a nurse Not kidding!
Caroline
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 2:59 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carolinejones3
Shall we set a date for early may, that way we all have time to sort 'stuff', people who are away should be back. GOOD LUCK with Bris reki!! It should also give people time to find the West Yorkshire meet. I'm happy with the cornmill, it seems central for most people, (but Bradford do the best curries in the world!!) Happy to kind of organise with help. Could ring cornmill and ask menu details, book for amount of people if needed etc..Let me know if this is what most people want and will try to help get this moving..
Talk about small world, I used to live in Carlinghow, now top end of Whitelee, Wendy Know Bradford well, work there, on Lumb Lane actually!!! As a nurse Not kidding!
Caroline
Hi Caroline.
That would be great if you could help to organise something.
Cornmill is ok for us....there will be 4 of us (a 17 and 9 year old and us two adults).
We will be back from Oz at the end of April so May time is good for us.
We used to live near White Lee by Robin Hood Watersports.
Are you a nurse at Dewsbury....i may know you.I work in theatres there.
Small world!!
Keep us posted.
Janice x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.