Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

meet ups essex sunday 22nd april

meet ups essex sunday 22nd april

Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

justcantwait will become famous soon enoughjustcantwait will become famous soon enough
Smile meet ups essex sunday 22nd april

hi all
we are new on here first posting so here goes,we live in Basildon area and have arranged a meeting for this sunday at the Halfway House on the a127 at Horndon have some coming from Romford and Kent also,meeting at 12o.clock if anyone fancies coming.we are justing starting out our tra has just been sent to oz.theres me,hubby,two sons 17 and 19, and a daughter 9.

anne marie
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

frances is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: meet ups essex sunday 22nd april

Hi Anne marie,

Good luck with the application we came over to Oz six months ago with our two children 17 and 13, and we are living on the Central Coast N.S.W. we are from Chelmsford in Essex, we never actually went to a meet while we were in the U.K. didn't know of any actually, but we have been to a couple here, it is good to get together and discuss your plans you will find people have so much in common and the same fears and expectations, and so much to look forward to it is a big step but an adventure. Take Care Frances.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

justcantwait will become famous soon enoughjustcantwait will become famous soon enough

hi frances
thanks for the reply,we just thought that it would be nice to get together with others as we dont know any one in oz and would be nice as you say to discuss your plans with others that understand.cant wait to get there feels like it takes forever.

anne marie xx
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

I can remember that feeling but the time will fly so manke the most of the time there before you know you will be in Oz where are you going to be living Frances
Old Apr 19th 2007, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

wendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by justcantwait
hi all
we are new on here first posting so here goes,we live in Basildon area and have arranged a meeting for this sunday at the Halfway House on the a127 at Horndon have some coming from Romford and Kent also,meeting at 12o.clock if anyone fancies coming.we are justing starting out our tra has just been sent to oz.theres me,hubby,two sons 17 and 19, and a daughter 9.

anne marie
Hi,

We emigrated from Basildon to Sydney four years ago and are returning next month back to Basildon.......what is it like there any major changes to speak of in the last four years?

Hope you enjoy your meet at the Halfway house, ate there many a time!
Old Apr 19th 2007, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Why are you going back, are you not happy here, we are living on the Central coast Frances
Old Apr 19th 2007, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

hi
are you coming back to stay?did you not like the ozzie way?dont know if theres many changes more people from london way now,house prices obviously gone up big jump this year as my friend from spain has just found out:curse: never been halfway house just thought it was big enough and easy to find.
anne marie xx
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

ozziegirl is a jewel in the roughozziegirl is a jewel in the roughozziegirl is a jewel in the roughozziegirl is a jewel in the rough

hi all

anne marie
hi annemarie
i am an essex girl from rayleigh just down the road, and came out to the gold coast in dec i love the ozzie way and my kids are enjoying the sun, sea, sand, surf.
i can ensure u, when u get here u will love it to (never give up on your dreams) i never and i am here now.
once everything is done (hopefully that will not take to long) where are u thinking of moving to, all i will say is i did not like sydney it's just like london and if u go up the central coast from sydney, u are having to travel 1 to 2 hrs to get to work. houses and rent in sydney are not cheap if u want to stay in the nice area believe me u will want to stay in the nice areas just think of some of the areas u have in london and bingo.
i will say there's lots of work in sydney and the money is good.
enough of the bad it's a nice place to visit for me but not live.
come and live in the gold coast u have all the fab beach's it's the fasts growing state in oz ,brisbane cbd is lovely and easy to park and drive round there is only a 10% wage different from syd to bris rent and houses are cheaper to buy, petrol is cheaper here in queensland. i can think of loads of things but will be going on forever.

if u just want a chat my thead is mum of three want to make friends
ozziegirl
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Steve-Sharon is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all

anne marie
hi, will def try to make this one, no football this week.

how will we know whos who, have you booked a table?

sharon
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Janet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud of

Hi all

We are a family of six who are emigrating to Brisbane in August. The wait has been just over five months from the visa application. We live in Chingford, East London. Hopefully will come on Sunday with hubby and eleven year old daughter. Other three are older and are revising for GCSE's and A levels so may not be able to persuade them. As other poster said how will we know who is from British expats?
Thanks

Janet
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

jodi666 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all

anne marie
Hi Anne Marie,

We emmigrated to the Gold Coast 6 months ago from Billericay three children 17, 12, and 5 all my family still live in Wickford and Billericay. Where abouts are you heading. Good luck with the meet I am going to my first one here next weekend. If you need any info just let me know. Have a good day jodi.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

hi everyone
have booked some tables but meet is growing by the minute so i think we will move to the garden as weather is going to be very hot.i think i will stick some ozzy flags on the tables lol!!!!!cant think of anything else.hope to see you all

anne marie xx

p.s hi ozziegirl
thanks for the message will keep in touch when i get five mins will make a list of questions lol xx
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Unfortunately we can't make this meet, but if you do another, we'll be up for it....

Mark & Anita

hi all

anne marie
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Janet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud of

Hi Ann Marie

Thanks for arranging yesterday. It was nice to meet everybody and find out how far along the way they are. feeling a bit sunburnt today as the weather was so glorious!!! Keep us posted with your TRA and good luck to everybody else especially Sue and Steve anxiously waiting for their visa grant.

Janet and family x
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

HI Janet,

Where do you live in chingford, My Mother-in-Law lives there in Yardley Lane and a friend of mine in The Ridgeway Frances

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.