Meet ups

Old Nov 7th 2008, 11:05 am
Just Joined

janette eley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Meet ups

Hi Everyone

If there are any meet ups in the Albury.Lavington.Wodonga, area we would love to hear when and where.

Emmigrated from Scotland 6 weeks ago and and have settled really well but have to admit are struggling a little bit because we miss hearing our own accent.

Love Australia but need to speak to people in the same boat as us.

Fingers crossed.

The Eleys
x
Old Dec 8th 2008, 7:53 am
Just Joined

amorris2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Meet ups

Hi, live in Albury. If you want to meet up in Albury anytime, drop us a line. I have sent you an email too!
Old Jan 10th 2009, 9:48 am
Just Joined

icec111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for the delay in responding to this thread, I've only just come across it.

We've been in the Albury/Wodonga region for about 18 months and we're enjoying it. We struggled a bit with homesickness early on, mainly me missing my mates. I love bumping into other Brits and there are a surprising amount in the region.

We went to an expat night about six months ago in Sodens, a pub in Albury. It wasn't very well advertised and only about ten of us rocked up. It was a good night though, the owner put on Shepherds Pie and cheese and pickles on sticks. It was going to be a monthly thing but that hasn't eventuated as yet, but keep your eye on the Border Mail for an advert for it.

Meantime if you fancy a get together let us know. We live in Wodonga with our two young daughters and enjoy a good social whenever we can.

Cheers,
Craig.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

We are just down the road in Eldorado (just north of Wangaratta) and until December I was working at Xavier High School in North Albury. I am working in Wangaratta this year but would love to meet up some time as I am often in the area visiting friends. We have been here for just over 3 years now and there are quite a few expats in the general area.
Nicky