Reload this Page >

Meet up Perth CBD 4th June 2011 - All Welcome

Meet up Perth CBD 4th June 2011 - All Welcome

Old May 10th 2011, 10:28 am
Just Joined

lisawa2011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Meet up Perth CBD 4th June 2011 - All Welcome

Hi everyone

I have been in Perth for 2 years with my partner (both 31) and loving it. The only down side I have found is that it can be difficult to make new friends.

So I am proposing a meet up on Sat 4th June at the Lucky Shag on the river in Perth at around 3pm (TBC) or later depending on feedback.

I am not really one for organising things and its just an informal meet really for anyone that fancies it, singles,couples and open to all ages etc as I know how hard it is when you have left a big group of friends in the UK to have to start again.

So if like me you want to meet new people then let me know and if ther is enough response then we could make it a regular event

I have started a face book event click on the link:
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?e...22784141072012

Old May 16th 2011, 2:38 am
Just Joined

RachP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Meet up Perth CBD 4th June 2011 - All Welcome

This sounds like a good idea, I would love to come along. I tried to click on the facebook link but it just took me to my facebook page and said that I had not created any events? Don't know if there is another way to find it?
Ive been in Perth 8 months now and I have also found it really tough to make friends so this sounds like a relaxed easy way to meet some fellow brits!
Old May 19th 2011, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

emsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud of

Hi

I'd be interested in this too. I'm English and have been living in Perth for nearly a year now and like lots of others am finding it hard to meet friends.

Old May 21st 2011, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RachP
This sounds like a good idea, I would love to come along. I tried to click on the facebook link but it just took me to my facebook page and said that I had not created any events? Don't know if there is another way to find it?
Ive been in Perth 8 months now and I have also found it really tough to make friends so this sounds like a relaxed easy way to meet some fellow brits!
I couldn't find it either. No matter live fairly close so my wander down. How to know though who is who?can be quite busy there.
Old May 24th 2011, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

holly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really nice

Originally Posted by lisawa2011
Hi everyone

I have been in Perth for 2 years with my partner (both 31) and loving it. The only down side I have found is that it can be difficult to make new friends.

So I am proposing a meet up on Sat 4th June at the Lucky Shag on the river in Perth at around 3pm (TBC) or later depending on feedback.

I am not really one for organising things and its just an informal meet really for anyone that fancies it, singles,couples and open to all ages etc as I know how hard it is when you have left a big group of friends in the UK to have to start again.

So if like me you want to meet new people then let me know and if ther is enough response then we could make it a regular event

I have started a face book event click on the link:
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?e...22784141072012

Hi, I can't make this date, but if you arranging anything in the first 2 weeks in sept, me and my husband would like to come and meet up. We are not emigrating til next year but would be lovely to make few contacts before hand. Cheers. Holly and Chris
Old May 25th 2011, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

emsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud ofemsie has much to be proud of

Hi

Does anybody know if this is still going ahead? I can't access the facebook page. If it is then is it at the same time and how will we know who to look for?

Old May 25th 2011, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Hi Everyone

Meet up is still going ahead, my apologies if the link is not working on facebook I am not sure I have done it correctly

Please search under:
Social Expat Meet PERTH 4/6/11 under the events field

or if you are still having problems let me know and I will add you as a friend and do it that way,

Hopefully see you all there!
Old May 25th 2011, 1:57 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm Lucky Shag eh?
But a 3pm start leaves time for a ferry ride to the Windsor - now you're talking!

Last edited by EvannTel; May 25th 2011 at 1:58 pm. Reason: typo
Old May 26th 2011, 6:45 am
Just Joined

RachP is an unknown quantity at this point

Highly possible that Im just being a dumbass but I still cant get the link to work?
Old May 26th 2011, 7:02 am
Just Joined

peterthepomme is just really nicepeterthepomme is just really nicepeterthepomme is just really nicepeterthepomme is just really nicepeterthepomme is just really nicepeterthepomme is just really nicepeterthepomme is just really nicepeterthepomme is just really nice

Hi Lisa

My husband and I only arrive on Saturday from UK, so can't make this meet-up but good luck I hope everyone enjoys the afternoon on the river there at the LS. Once we've recovered from jet lag we'd love to come along to the next one. Hope it goes well and will keep in touch Karen
Old May 27th 2011, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

I can't access the facebook page so if someone could just confirm if the time is still 3pm and how to recognise the group it would be much appreciated
Old May 30th 2011, 12:08 am
Just Joined

Hi everyone

Meet up is stille going ahead this Saturday at 3pm

I have set up a face book group so that any future events can be arranged for those who cant make this one

The link is:
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...01785473197515

or search Facebook for : Social Expat Meet Up Group

any problems in finding please message me
Old Jun 9th 2011, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

JohnJ is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone

I have set up a face book group so that any future events can be arranged for those who cant make this one

The link is:

Hi Lisa, sorry only found this now, let me know if there are further meetings posted

Thanks

John
Old Jun 10th 2011, 8:16 am
Just Joined

rich1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

The link is:

Afternoon all

Bit late to the discussion but never mind. My partner and myself (27) have been out in Perth for a couple of months sorting ourselves with jobs and accommodation etc but now it'd be good to grow the social scene.

I know this was last weekend but we weren't able to go to so we wondered if there were people interested in an informal meet up on Saturday 18th June. The pub the Lucky Shag by the water front in town is nice and central.

We'll be down there for some drinks and maybe a bite from around 2pm and any one who fancies joining us would be welcome.