Reload this Page >

Meet up in Canberra

Meet up in Canberra

Old Oct 7th 2008, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

worldtravellers is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Meet up in Canberra

Hi
I am a mother with 2 teens 14 and 12 and have been here for nearly a year now. I am finding it hard to make any friends within the Australian comunity although we have made a couple but not exactly getting anywhere!
Have been all over the world with my husband in the navy and not had any problems before. Pretty easy going, outdoor family who loves dogs etc.

Missing our friends in the UK and USA so really need to fill a gap!

Open to any sugestions of get togethers....hope there is someone out there at the risk of sounding despirate !!

Haidee
Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

caulkhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Meet up in Canberra

WOuld love to meet up for a coffee H, if you are ever down in Sydney

J
Old Oct 12th 2008, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Faircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really niceFaircity is just really nice

Originally Posted by worldtravellers
Hi
I am a mother with 2 teens 14 and 12 and have been here for nearly a year now. I am finding it hard to make any friends within the Australian comunity although we have made a couple but not exactly getting anywhere!
Have been all over the world with my husband in the navy and not had any problems before. Pretty easy going, outdoor family who loves dogs etc.

Missing our friends in the UK and USA so really need to fill a gap!

Open to any sugestions of get togethers....hope there is someone out there at the risk of sounding despirate !!

Haidee
Hi Worldtraveller!

I am hoping to be in Canberra sometime next year know it is not exactly now and won't help you - but I have a son the same age as your youngest so it would be good if you don't mind when we get over maybe meeting up for a coffee??!! I am sure by then you will have settled in and have a huge group of friends - you will be able to point the newbie in the right direction of things!!!

Any advice on schools for the 12 year old?? My boy is sports mad and is fairly good at his school work when he puts his mind to it all - like most 12 year olds??!!

Someone (I think it was Quoll) suggested joining the Live in Canberra group they arrange meet up on a monthly basis I think - might be worth a try????

Lx
Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

kendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nice

Hi there, know what you mean about making friends - we've been here 7 months now and zilch!!!! We're in Canberra too but I've just started work and when my days are sorted I will get in touch. Thought we would have had stacks of friends by now - tougher than we thought! xx