Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meet n' greet companies

Meet n' greet companies

Old Jun 30th 2006, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold
Default Meet n' greet companies

I've seen lots of companies that meet ' n greet you on arrival, find you short term accomadation, help you with filling in forms etc, but only in Brisbane.Anyone know of companies which do this in Melbourne or other parts of Oz.
I know a few expat members on this site run them.Wondered how good they were, what they charge and are they worth it.
Nick
Old Jun 30th 2006, 8:55 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Meet n' greet companies

Originally Posted by Nick11
I've seen lots of companies that meet ' n greet you on arrival, find you short term accomadation, help you with filling in forms etc, but only in Brisbane.Anyone know of companies which do this in Melbourne or other parts of Oz.
I know a few expat members on this site run them.Wondered how good they were, what they charge and are they worth it.
Nick
I have just started working for one in Melbourne - Woodhams Relocation - not sure what they charge the customer though.

We used them when we came here but we were a corporate relocation and it was paid for by hubbies work. They sorted out our removers, flights, short term accommodation, drove us around to find rental, sorted out information for The Boy, helped us with the moving in, Medicare, tax file numbers etc etc. Made our lives a lot easier.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 9:11 am
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nick11
Nick
Medicare and tax file numbers etc are really simple to do and you honestly don't need to pay anyone to do them for you. In fact we did Medicare and CentreLink forms on Wednesday and they actually filled them in for us and just got us to sign them. Just take passports and bank details with you The tax file number is done online and very easy.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 9:17 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vanessa
I have just started working for one in Melbourne - Woodhams Relocation - not sure what they charge the customer though.

We used them when we came here but we were a corporate relocation and it was paid for by hubbies work. They sorted out our removers, flights, short term accommodation, drove us around to find rental, sorted out information for The Boy, helped us with the moving in, Medicare, tax file numbers etc etc. Made our lives a lot easier.
Sounds like some of the BE members