Reload this Page >

Meds and how easy they are!

Wikiposts

Meds and how easy they are!

Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

kaz101 will become famous soon enoughkaz101 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Aha. I see that nowadays if someone eats too much, doesn't exercise enough and is well obese with a big fat arse, we can't comment on it?

Probably a glandular problem - yeah, right.

Perhaps you sandal-wearers and tree-huggers should reflect on the fact that you'd do more good to the fatarse if you told him/ her to eat less and exercise more, do more good to the alcoholic if you told him/ her to drink less and find more stimulation/ interests elsewhere, do more good to the druggie if you told him/ her to quit and get engaged with society etc etc.

These people are screwing up their lives and a short sharp comment might help them think about their predicament.

Instead of which you want to encourage them in their obesity, alcoholism, drug dependency. Well done.
Don,

What about when we have been hearing about it all our lives, and are trying to do something about it? Shouldn't we get some credit then? No you just assume that you know me and my situation. You don't!

K.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:36 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Instead of which you want to encourage them in their obesity, alcoholism, drug dependency. Well done.
Please explain how my comment to Karen can *possibly* interpreted as 'encouraging them in their obesity' (or anyone else's come to that)?

I quote:

'Well done on all that weight loss btw - I know how tough it is. '

Now did I say 'go eat a Krispy Kreme'? 'Go eat a bag of chips?' 'Go whip some heavy cream & lick it off the nearest handsome man'?

I don't think so. Have another read of that sentence & maybe, eventually, you'll get the point.

So Famille Pleasance, you are either:

a) a troll (or even a troll family - scary thought)
b) dimwitted in the comprehension-of-english-department
c) p*ssed

I do hope for your sake that it's c)

When I was quite overweight, a male colleague started making the sort of comments that you were making to Karen in this thread. When I challeged this guy, it turned out he had the most terrific crush on me.

Just a hint here: if you really fancy our lovely Karen that much, this is the *wrong* way to go about courting her!

Anya.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:40 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kaz101
Don,

What about when we have been hearing about it all our lives, and are trying to do something about it? Shouldn't we get some credit then? No you just assume that you know me and my situation. You don't!

K.
I don't know you, true, forgive me if I slipped up on an essential bit of information.

But I am a sad old fart already middle-aged and I therefore realise that MOST fatties eat too much because they are unhappy in their life in some way, sorry if that is true for you, maybe there is a way out?

We are all unhappy in our own ways, hopefully for most the good things outweigh the bad.

(I didn't suggest you should be 60kgs but a plump 80.)
Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:41 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

OK, carry on stuffing the fat old face with chocs and unneeded calories then. Pile on the fat. Get a couple of extra chins.

Arses? I like - no, love! - to see great big ones, reminds me where to park my bike at night.

Did you ever hear about the obesity index???

Overweight people only have themselves to blame for their unhealthy bodies: overeating and not enough exercise.:lecture:
Having read the above, Don, I think I need to tiptoe quietly away from this thread now & let you carry on with your rather inept (but clearly passionate) courting of our lovely Karen.

Karen, I'm jealous, such fervor in the man (even if he is a total ******).

Anya.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

kaz101 will become famous soon enoughkaz101 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by anya4oz
Having read the above, Don, I think I need to tiptoe quietly away from this thread now & let you carry on with your rather inept (but clearly passionate) courting of our lovely Karen.

Karen, I'm jealous, such fervor in the man (even if he is a total ******).

Anya.
It's amazing how men just fall for me like this. I mean it's getting embarrassing

If you like we could share him?

K.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Sims4eva is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Meds and how easy they are!

Hi Kaz101,

Great post and I am sure that it will be very reassuring for many that read through this forum (even if it means overlooking the odd stupid reply).

Please make sure you let us know when your visa arrives!

Good luck
Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:00 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

It's amazing how men just fall for me like this. I mean it's getting embarrassing

K.
I think you'd have to halve or quarter me, there wouldn't be enough to go around.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

is it possible to share a single brain cell as i think thats all peasantfamily has...
Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:18 am
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

C'mon ptlabs, where are you when we need you ?

Isn't it time to ban people like this as they are not adding anything constructive to this forum but are doing quite the reverse and are insulting people and potentially turning some away from this forum for good.

Why don't we just get rid of the scum and leave the rest of us to get on with it ?
Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:22 am
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

BTW Karen, well done and thanks for your post. It takes a lot of courage to make a statement like that and I am sure that I and the vast majority of the people on this forum would like to say thanks for being so honest and giving a realistic account of what the medical was like for you.

Good luck with the rest of the visa process. You deserve it after receiving the rather infantile taunting that has been going on here
Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

better than the cupboard box you are livin in plonker
Old Mar 19th 2004, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

and theres me thinking you would come up with something witty like"oh don't you have concrete cows" or "oh the place with lots of roundabouts?"...or even something really witty like" isn't that where Wimbledon FC moved"..Cabbage!!
Old Mar 19th 2004, 8:01 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

K.
Threesome, eh? Two fat ladies and a brain dead w*****? Cool. They could make a TV programme called that, couldn't they?

But Karen, he's obviously so hot for you I don't know how you could *bear* to share him?!!

Anya.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Elvis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Meds and how easy they are!

Today we had our meds in Hitchin, Herts with Dr Stanley.
We arrived too early which was just as well since we hadn't filled in the forms!
The first thing we had were the chest x-rays. Since I wore a top without buttons or zips I just had to take off my bra but I didn't have to get any vital bits cold!

Next a nurse took our heights and weight. This isn't something I admit to but height 172cms (approx 5ft 7ins) and weight 100kgs (approx 15st 7lbs and that's after losing weight!).

Next we were shown into the doctors room (after a short weight). Checked our passports, and wrote down a few things. Dr Stanley is lovely and really put us at our ease. We had to touch our toes (which I can't do and he said that's fine), checked ears, eyes (with eye chart) and throat, breathing and heart. Checked my boobs for me, (and looked at hubby while asking him to cough). Checked reflexes, scrapped bottom of our feet, checked that while laying down we could hold up our legs against some force, checked blood pressure and took some blood (for HIV test etc).

It really was incredibly simple. I asked whether he could tell us anything, was there anything that we could be rejected on. He said that obviously he doesn't make those decisions but if there was anything dodgy with our health he would have told us, and my weight could be against me slightly, but he doesn't know how Adelaide deals with that. Really they are looking for anything serious.

From some of the other posts on the expat forum I know that women with a higher BMI than mine have got in, so we're being positive.

To all those (especially PP) who have yet to go through this DON'T WORRY! I spent days working myself up over this, and it really was simple. As soon I get the results I will post them so that you all know how it went.

I'm not fit, I'm overweight, and luckily my blood pressure is normal.

Good Luck to Everyone else!

TTFN,
Karen
Old Mar 19th 2004, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Elvis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Meds and how easy they are!

Today we had our meds in Hitchin, Herts with Dr Stanley.
We arrived too early which was just as well since we hadn't filled in the forms!
The first thing we had were the chest x-rays. Since I wore a top without buttons or zips I just had to take off my bra but I didn't have to get any vital bits cold!

Next a nurse took our heights and weight. This isn't something I admit to but height 172cms (approx 5ft 7ins) and weight 100kgs (approx 15st 7lbs and that's after losing weight!).

Next we were shown into the doctors room (after a short weight). Checked our passports, and wrote down a few things. Dr Stanley is lovely and really put us at our ease. We had to touch our toes (which I can't do and he said that's fine), checked ears, eyes (with eye chart) and throat, breathing and heart. Checked my boobs for me, (and looked at hubby while asking him to cough). Checked reflexes, scrapped bottom of our feet, checked that while laying down we could hold up our legs against some force, checked blood pressure and took some blood (for HIV test etc).

It really was incredibly simple. I asked whether he could tell us anything, was there anything that we could be rejected on. He said that obviously he doesn't make those decisions but if there was anything dodgy with our health he would have told us, and my weight could be against me slightly, but he doesn't know how Adelaide deals with that. Really they are looking for anything serious.

From some of the other posts on the expat forum I know that women with a higher BMI than mine have got in, so we're being positive.

To all those (especially PP) who have yet to go through this DON'T WORRY! I spent days working myself up over this, and it really was simple. As soon I get the results I will post them so that you all know how it went.

I'm not fit, I'm overweight, and luckily my blood pressure is normal.

Good Luck to Everyone else!

TTFN,
Karen
Wll Done Karen for the weight loss and having the confidence to post your experience of your medical. Keep up the good work! You don't have to be skinny to be fit all you need is encouragement not negative postings!!!

Last edited by Elvis; Mar 19th 2004 at 8:20 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.