Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Meds... Bits of reassurance please.

Wikiposts

Meds... Bits of reassurance please.

Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:05 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Meds... Bit of reassurance please.

Hi, Got my meds this afternoon, and true to form, my body has betrayed me! I have a cold, dry constant cough and to top it off have lost my voice completely (bar the odd squeak)!!

I have seen my GP and he is happy thats its just a common cold. Is this going to skew the results of my meds and x rays? I have been trying to convince myself that the docs will see through a cold, but a bit of reassurance would be lovely.

Thanks
Claire

Last edited by Anastasia Beaverhausen; Jun 16th 2005 at 7:11 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:28 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meds... Bit of reassurance please.

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
Hi, Got my meds this afternoon, and true to form, my body has betrayed me! I have a cold, dry constant cough and to top it off have lost my voice completely (bar the odd squeak)!!

I have seen my GP and he is happy thats its just a common cold. Is this going to skew the results of my meds and x rays? I have been trying to convince myself that the docs will see through a cold, but a bit of reassurance would be lovely.

Thanks
Claire
The doctor will not give a monkeys about a cold and sore throat. They are only looking for high maintenance long term illnesses. Some things need more exploration like diabetes but as long as you don't sneeze all over the doctor he/she will not be at all interested in the cold. Reeeelaaaaax.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:30 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
The doctor will not give a monkeys about a cold and sore throat. They are only looking for high maintenance long term illnesses. Some things need more exploration like diabetes but as long as you don't sneeze all over the doctor he/she will not be at all interested in the cold. Reeeelaaaaax.

Yep. what MP said!

Will see if I can send you some k to help
Old Jun 16th 2005, 7:48 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to both of you. I think I knew the docs wouldnt care, but I just needed to hear it from someone else.

Lets just hope the doc doesn't expect me to talk too much!!!