Wikiposts

medicine

Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:22 pm
kooky

kiri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medicine

Hi guys,

Any advice on whether its better to complete my medical degree in Australia or finish in the UK and then make the trip over?

My dad's moving over with my stepmum and has asked me to join him. I'm undecided yet.

Thanks. great site btw
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:23 pm
kooky

Default Re: medicine

Hi guys,

Any advice on whether its better to complete my medical degree in Australia or finish in the UK and then make the trip over?

My dad's moving over with my stepmum and has asked me to join him. I'm undecided yet.

Thanks. great site btw

Sorry should i post this in the immigration section?
Old Dec 8th 2005, 1:47 am
kooky

No one?

Maybe I've joined the wrong forums?
Old Dec 8th 2005, 1:53 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiri
No one?

I think that this question has an academic connotation and so this probably dramatically narrows down the number of experienced and reliable responses that you can expect to receive.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 2:06 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

No one?

Hi Kiri,

Welcome to the forum. As far as your question goes, there are at least a couple of doctors on this site who would be qualified to offer an opinion, but as Dunroamin says, the academic implications are going to be meaningless to most of us.

Have you checked to see whether obtaining a medical degree in the UK would give you automatic right to practise in Oz? I think - although I'm not sure - that you would have to re-register in Oz if you come here with a UK medical registration. My GP back in the UK loves it in Oz but wouldn't come back for more than a holiday because of the implications of having to *prove herself*. I gather from what she said that it is a very big hassle trying to convert.

Good luck - I hope you find the answer.

Sue
Old Dec 8th 2005, 2:10 am
kooky

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Hi Kiri,

Welcome to the forum. As far as your question goes, there are at least a couple of doctors on this site who would be qualified to offer an opinion, but as Dunroamin says, the academic implications are going to be meaningless to most of us.

Have you checked to see whether obtaining a medical degree in the UK would give you automatic right to practise in Oz? I think - although I'm not sure - that you would have to re-register in Oz if you come here with a UK medical registration. My GP back in the UK loves it in Oz but wouldn't come back for more than a holiday because of the implications of having to *prove herself*. I gather from what she said that it is a very big hassle trying to convert.

Good luck - I hope you find the answer.

Sue

Ta for replying Sue (and you dunroamin) I'm in touch with a couple of medical schools at he moment and hopefully will be able to establish whether my UK credentials are recognised on Oz.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 2:44 am
kooky

Ta for replying Sue (and you dunroamin) I'm in touch with a couple of medical schools at he moment and hopefully will be able to establish whether my UK credentials are recognised on Oz.
Just received a pm from a member putting mein touch with the following web site. THe AMC require an assessment to be completed. so fingers crossed.

Hope it helps anyone else following my career path.

http://www.amc.org.au/prelim2.asp