Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House Buying Stress - Expensive Decision..

House Buying Stress - Expensive Decision..

Old Dec 6th 2005, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Angry House Selling Stress - Expensive Decision..

Well, the lesbian kitchen fitters have just put the survey on hold This is the third time they have 'decided' to buy our house over 5 months. We should have told them to piss off ages ago - but needs must. Anyway we've now taken the house of the market and will sell it to Adam's brother in law at a reduced rate - so we go with £12K less than the least we hoped - but hopefully that's the end of the stress.

What's the best idea of a fitting Christmas present to the fack'n fitters???

Last edited by The Crow; Dec 6th 2005 at 11:42 am.
Old Dec 6th 2005, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Phil-UK will become famous soon enough
Default Re: House Buying Stress - Expensive Decision..

Originally Posted by The Crow
Well, the lesbian kitchen fitters have just put the survey on hold This is the third time they have 'decided' to buy our house over 5 months. We should have told them to piss off ages ago - but needs must. Anyway we've now taken the house of the market and will sell it to Adam's brother in law at a reduced rate - so we go with £12K less than the least we hoped - but hopefully that's the end of the stress.

I'd get loads of your mates to ask them to quote on fitting a fictitous kitchen. Time to return the favour and let them waste their time quoting for jobs that will never become reality.

Just an idea!
Old Dec 6th 2005, 11:09 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Phil-UK
I'd get loads of your mates to ask them to quote on fitting a fictitous kitchen. Time to return the favour and let them waste their time quoting for jobs that will never become reality.

Just an idea!
bloody good idea...and get them to ask for unusual designs and bizarre requests
Old Dec 6th 2005, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phil-UK

Just an idea!
That's a very good idea and far less obscene than what I've been thinking of!
Old Dec 6th 2005, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Selling Stress - Expensive Decision..

I really sympathise with your situation, and I'm sorry to hear that you've been messed about so badly.

However, I would like to know why you feel it necessary to state the sexuality of your ex-buyers - I cannot see any relevance.
Old Dec 6th 2005, 12:01 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
I really sympathise with your situation, and I'm sorry to hear that you've been messed about so badly.

However, I would like to know why you feel it necessary to state the sexuality of your ex-buyers - I cannot see any relevance.
She was only painting us a mental picture of them, and if they come as far as Northants, count me in for a quote!

Shirley

Last edited by ub40fan; Dec 6th 2005 at 12:01 pm. Reason: Spelling gone to pot!!!
Old Dec 6th 2005, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ub40fan
She was only painting us a mental picture of them, and if they come as far as Northants, count me in for a quote!

Shirley

Count me in to provide a Norwich or Cambridge quote if u'd like!!
Old Dec 6th 2005, 12:22 pm

FFs dont take things so serious...chill
Old Dec 6th 2005, 12:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wink Re: House Selling Stress - Expensive Decision..

Originally Posted by biggy
FFs dont take things so serious...chill
I am chilled.....well, to some extent - just had a crap exam (Im in med school) on the back of three hours sleep.

(I made the comment not to be serious as such, just to point out that quite often we dont realise how "ist" we can be.

I know I'm guilty of it....a friend told me yesterday that one of his friends has HIV. Without even thinking, i thought ahhh gay, when in fact the group of people most likely to acquire HIV are heterosexual. ie, his sexuality is irrelevant......)

Im off to relax in the bath...(in case you were wondering )

Last edited by Ozzidoc; Dec 6th 2005 at 12:51 pm. Reason: Meant to say HIV rather than aids......brain hurts
Old Dec 6th 2005, 12:45 pm

I am chilled.....well, to some extent - just had a crap exam (Im in med school) on the back of three hours sleep.

(I made the comment not to be serious as such, just to point out that quite often we dont realise how "ist" we can be.

I know I'm guilty of it....a friend told me yesterday that one of his friends has AIDS. Without even thinking, i thought ahhh gay, when in fact the group of people most likely to acquire AIDS are heterosexual. ie, his sexuality is irrelevant......)

think u need to relax in ur bath for a wee while.....oh and btw I do know what heterosexual means....I may b blonde but am no thick
Old Dec 6th 2005, 1:02 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Also, ask them if you decided to put down carpet in the kitchen would it need licking. Any carpet-licker worth their salt would be able to answer this question.
Old Dec 6th 2005, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know I'm guilty of it....a friend told me yesterday that one of his friends has HIV. Without even thinking, i thought ahhh gay, when in fact the group of people most likely to acquire HIV are heterosexual. ie, his sexuality is irrelevant......)

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm no -ist at all. I'm fed up of this PC world and we call people many different things when we're truely pissed off - calling them bloody women would piss as many people off - most people have something -ist about them - overweight, glasses, drive a crap car, have a large head, googly eyes etc, etc. The only reason for calling them lesbians is to refer to previous posts - so people will remember them. Apols to all lesbians out there - at least I didn't call them dykes
Old Dec 6th 2005, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Also, ask them if you decided to put down carpet in the kitchen would it need licking. Any carpet-licker worth their salt would be able to answer this question.

LMAO!!!!
Old Dec 6th 2005, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry two women who are partners who are kitchen fitters. Correction - our buyers - can I still swear at them?
Old Dec 6th 2005, 1:15 pm

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm no -ist at all. I'm fed up of this PC world and we call people many different things when we're truely pissed off - calling them bloody women would piss as many people off - most people have something -ist about them - overweight, glasses, drive a crap car, have a large head, googly eyes etc, etc. The only reason for calling them lesbians is to refer to previous posts - so people will remember them. Apols to all lesbians out there - at least I didn't call them dykes

lmao....i will get slated for this but.....does anybody remember the 'bloopers' show that featured Jim Davidson and Jethro on the Genaration Game....when Jethro was trying to describe an agricultural tool as a dyke digger.....lol the more he went on the funnier it got the two of them were pissin themselves....aye its a deep dyke diger for especially deep dykes.....FFS I am on the floor everytime I think ov it.....does anybody else remember it??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.