Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Medicals, what to expect?

Wikiposts

Medicals, what to expect?

Old Jun 9th 2004, 8:54 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Med Prices

Originally posted by Dicko
Of interest for others we are going to Manchester and these are the charges we have been quoted,although we didnt shop around we just wanted a place that done meds & X-ray at same place:

Adult Meds £80 X 3
Child meds (under 10) £40 X 2
Chest X-ray (anyone over 11) £37 X 3
Hep B (because of tattoo) £18 X 1
HIV bloods (anyone over 15) £16 X 2
Courier charge £10 X 5

Grand Total: £531

Which as a matter of fact doesnt look bad compared to others quoted on this thread.

Thanks for all the feedback

Good Luck everyone
that is cheap

Not bad pay thou for an hours work, eh?. Ever get the feeling you should have done that PHD? Yeah, happy and rich, nice......

Walla
Old Jun 9th 2004, 11:20 am
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Elvis
We are going on Monday 21st June for our meds, 2 Adults / 2 Children. My husband is really worried as he has had a few ops on one knee (Drained / Cartilage removed) . He runs everyday & is very fit.
He used to play rugby this is where the knee injuries happened, could anybody tell us if this could cause a problem?
Thanks
Katrina
We had our meds last Friday and we aere in the same boat - my husband had had a knee op 3 years ago and put it on the form - the doctor just asked if he had any problems with it (like your he is a fitness fanatic. If the doctor only!!... knew that my husband took his sling off before we went in... he had dislocated his should and broke his collar bone only a 3 weeks earlier in a national Judo Competion (he managed to get through without noticing!!!

Seriously though.... thats not what they are looking out for. They are only worried if it is going to cost the Australian health care anything over a long time. You'll have no probs. (My daughter had blood in her urine though - but we have since been told that it is fine).

So tickety boo........heres to another drawn out wait.
Old Jun 9th 2004, 11:35 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally posted by GillettFamily
(My daughter had blood in her urine though - but we have since been told that it is fine).
Fantastic news

No worries!!!

Old Jun 9th 2004, 11:42 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by walla1
that is cheap

Not bad pay thou for an hours work, eh?. Ever get the feeling you should have done that PHD? Yeah, happy and rich, nice......

Walla
Better get used to it if you are planning to go for private health care unless you have Very good insurance.

I can get £100 per hour privately in the UK.
I don't even need any of the gadgets

Gillett Family
Good news eh? I was wondering how things had gone. Didn't you post about this a while ago?

Best wishes

G
Old Jun 9th 2004, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant future

Of interest for others we are going to Manchester and these are the charges we have been quoted,although we didnt shop around we just wanted a place that done meds & X-ray at same place:

Adult Meds £80 X 3
Child meds (under 10) £40 X 2
Chest X-ray (anyone over 11) £37 X 3
Hep B (because of tattoo) £18 X 1
HIV bloods (anyone over 15) £16 X 2
Courier charge £10 X 5

Grand Total: £531

Which as a matter of fact doesnt look bad compared to others quoted on this thread.

Thanks for all the feedback

Good Luck everyone

hI are you going to st john st in manchester for your medicals??
thats where we are going noticed the prices were the same, we have book ours for 22 july Un requested, let us know what they ask etc...
Old Jun 10th 2004, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

carlos1340 is an unknown quantity at this point

We had our meds done at Dr.Millions in Manchester at the end of may.

He is a really nice old guy, chats all the way through, makes you feel really at ease. I would have no hesitations in recommending him to anyone.

The medicals took just less than an hour, for two of us, you then go back down stairs and have the chest x-ray done. You then have to wait to make sure the x-rays have come out OK, and then pay!

Over and done in less than one and a half hours. Trouble is, then the mrs drags you round Manchester spending!!!!

Do not worry about Dr. Million, a real nice guy

Best of luck

Carlos

Feel free to PM me if you need any more gory details!!
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:45 am
Central Coasties, NSW!

Thanks PhoenixUK2Oz & Grayling

Its a very welcome relief to know everythings ok, going to oz or not!

But it seems we are now another step nearer!!!
All we need is to prove bro-in-laws tax status and to lodge the bond which it seems is only now going to be a few weeks away!!!

Re this meds expenses...phew! There seems to be some difference in prices about the place... we went to the ones in Huddersfield. Very good very pleasant...heres the break down for info..!!!
(2 adults 2 kids 14&11)

Meds 80 x 2 + 55 x 2
X-rays 50 x 4
Blood tests 30 x 2 (hep tests as wifey & I both have a tattoo..dolphins...aah!)
Courier 12

Total £542 ..!!!!

That hurt!

Last edited by GillettFamily; Jun 11th 2004 at 2:09 am.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by carlos1340
We had our meds done at Dr.Millions in Manchester at the end of may.

He is a really nice old guy, chats all the way through, makes you feel really at ease. I would have no hesitations in recommending him to anyone.

The medicals took just less than an hour, for two of us, you then go back down stairs and have the chest x-ray done. You then have to wait to make sure the x-rays have come out OK, and then pay!

Over and done in less than one and a half hours. Trouble is, then the mrs drags you round Manchester spending!!!!

Do not worry about Dr. Million, a real nice guy

Best of luck

Carlos

Feel free to PM me if you need any more gory details!!

Just to say, totally agree with Carlos, if your going to Dr Millions you'll have "no worries", he is a top bloke!
Old Jun 10th 2004, 4:59 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by PHIZA
Just to say, totally agree with Carlos, if your going to Dr Millions you'll have "no worries", he is a top bloke!

I went there as well. I did have some problems, but they were more to do with the surgery than him. He also thought he detected a hole in my heart when I went and was really good at taking time out and explaining it all to me (even drawing me diagrams!!)

I would recommend him, I'm just soured by the experience I had afterwards. If you have a case file number already make sure you put it on as they will only send your meds direct to AHC.

Old Jun 10th 2004, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mlbonner
I went there as well. I did have some problems, but they were more to do with the surgery than him. He also thought he detected a hole in my heart when I went and was really good at taking time out and explaining it all to me (even drawing me diagrams!!)

I would recommend him, I'm just soured by the experience I had afterwards. If you have a case file number already make sure you put it on as they will only send your meds direct to AHC.

We dont have our file number yet , when do they send the meds off? is it the same day or do they have to wait a while for blood test results? co we ay have it soon.

Cheers
Old Jun 10th 2004, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point

We dont have our file number yet , when do they send the meds off? is it the same day or do they have to wait a while for blood test results? co we ay have it soon.

Cheers

I didnt have my file number, Dr Million just put a note on the form to say that the medical was part of a Spouse Visa application that was to follow.
Then with my application I added a covering letter saying that my Medical forms and Radiological report was sent under seperate cover by the Doc.

The meds get sent off about a week later when your blood tests are returned.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 6:42 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by PHIZA
I didnt have my file number, Dr Million just put a note on the form to say that the medical was part of a Spouse Visa application that was to follow.
Then with my application I added a covering letter saying that my Medical forms and Radiological report was sent under seperate cover by the Doc.

The meds get sent off about a week later when your blood tests are returned.

Just like Phiza says!

Don't worry if you dont have your number, Dr Million assured me he has a 100% success rate of getting them there, never heard of anyones who didnt
Old Jun 10th 2004, 7:11 am
Central Coasties, NSW!

It doesn't help not having a file number.
Somebody at DIMIA has to sort through and marry all the files up if they are sent seperately with no reference.
It does slow things down and add to the waiting...well, think about it... it does mean more work and if I was sorting through thousands of apps and meds and xrays and all..I wouldn't be too happy.
I'm not saying don't do it but... it really is better to wait until you have that letter and case number...for one thing you know that you've passed the test! and there's no rush on you having to get into Oz before the cut off point.
Remember the meds only last for a year! Just like the PCCs!:lecture:

On a good note....you've past that stage so well done and good luck with the waiting!!
Old Jun 10th 2004, 7:13 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mlbonner
Just like Phiza says!

Don't worry if you dont have your number, Dr Million assured me he has a 100% success rate of getting them there, never heard of anyones who didnt
Hi

Dr Million, sounds like a good Doc, and what a name.

He probably changed it by deed poll after getting his cash of all the migrating ozzies!!

Walla
Old Jun 10th 2004, 7:39 am
Keeping it fairly real

Originally posted by walla1
Hi

Dr Million, sounds like a good Doc, and what a name.

He probably changed it by deed poll after getting his cash of all the migrating ozzies!!

Walla
sorry meant UK ers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.