Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

medicals unrequested

medicals unrequested

Old Jul 28th 2006, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

fajita is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medicals unrequested

Hi All (particularly those that have sent their medicals unrequested)!
Last week my wife and I had our medicals done so that I can send them off ahead of time. The thing is the Medical Practise has asked me to confirm where they should send the findings. Now I just assumed it would be LCU Sydney(my 136 application is being processed at ASPC if that's relevant) but unfortunately my email request to DIMIA to get a definite answer on Monday has so far been ignored. With time pressing, I'm hoping one of you good people can help.
Is it most likely to be LCU Sydney? And does anyone have the address (ok I'm just being lazy on that one ) Oh also do I need to tell ASPC that it's been sent?
thanks.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medicals unrequested

Well we sent our meds to LCU in Sydney and we're being processed by ASPC.

Keep everyone as in the loop as possible - our agent did say its hard keeping track of meds without acknowledgement numbers on - they can get lost.

Good luck!
Old Jul 28th 2006, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

majortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nice

This is from the DIMA ebsite :

Local Clearance Unit Health Processing Centre
Visas processed
The Local Clearance Unit (LCU) Health Processing Centre processes health examination results for:

non-migrating family member of the applicants for the Skilled - Student visas for the following visa subclasses:
Skilled - Independent Overseas Student (Subclass 880)
Skilled - Australian Sponsored Overseas Student (Subclass 881)
Skilled - Designated Area Overseas Student (Subclass 882)
Students AL2-4 eVisa Trial (People's Republic of China Agents ONLY)
Students eVisa (India)
eHealth 2 medical results.
Note: eHealth2 medicals are conducted electronically, without requiring paper forms, by some clinics in Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Germany, Japan, Malaysia and China. This system currently covers student, working holiday maker, business (temporary) and e676 class visitor visas only.
For a list of all other visa class health examination results processed by the Local Clearance Unit Health Processing Centre
See: Visa health results processed by LCU (32 KB PDF)

Website information
See: Health Requirements for visa applicants

Courier address
Local Clearance Unit
Level 3/26 Lee Street
Sydney NSW 2000

Postal address
GPO Box 9984
Sydney NSW 2001

Office hours – courier access
0900 – 1600 Monday to Friday (except Wednesday)
0900 – 1300 Wednesday

Email
See: LCU Health Processing enquiry form
Old Jul 28th 2006, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

majortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nice

Im also certain that the Panel doctor must send them and not you.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Thanks MajorTom, it is the practise who are going to send them, they just wanted me to confirm where to. Actually they've have just been in touch and have confirmed that in 99% of cases they send the medical results to Sydney so I've said to go ahead and send mine there as well. On the advice of the first reply I'll also contact ASPC to let them know what's happening.
Cheers.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fajita
Thanks MajorTom, it is the practise who are going to send them, they just wanted me to confirm where to. Actually they've have just been in touch and have confirmed that in 99% of cases they send the medical results to Sydney so I've said to go ahead and send mine there as well. On the advice of the first reply I'll also contact ASPC to let them know what's happening.
Cheers.
We sent ours there in October 2005..................good luck with everything
Old Jul 28th 2006, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by majortom
We sent ours there in October 2005..................good luck with everything
Thanks - hope we don't need it